Barnsley vs SWFC - Official Matchday Thread (12pm kick off)

1 hour ago, malek said:

Thanks a lot for information.

Hope we will at least treat likes of Cadamarteri and Shipston who are both supposed to be ultra talented different or they will follow in footsteps of Urhoghide and Shaw at first opportunity.

Every chance with Cadamarteri.

His dad has had more coaching jobs than Bob Hope had Birthdays. He’ll get his lad out of there if they don’t look after him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bob Stryker said:

The U18’s was cancelled. Be interesting to see if the Ossett game is cancelled Tuesday.

I hear none of our young pros have even trained with the 1st team this pre season. As you say Bonnington and the other lads would be miles off 1st team consideration this early but surely should be involved in some training sessions.

We wonder why youngsters never progress at this club. 

I think you’re overreacting but it’s the norm on here. I think the younger players will train with the first team as the season progresses. Moore’s already mentioned that he sees the first team and the academy as a whole. I just think the lack of young lads training at the moment is Moore is having a good look at the group that he sees starting the season. Chucking kids in now might be counter productive but they will have to be drip fed in if our problems up top and in goal continue if we can’t bring in players from outside?

56 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think you’re overreacting but it’s the norm on here. I think the younger players will train with the first team as the season progresses. Moore’s already mentioned that he sees the first team and the academy as a whole. I just think the lack of young lads training at the moment is Moore is having a good look at the group that he sees starting the season. Chucking kids in now might be counter productive but they will have to be drip fed in if our problems up top and in goal continue if we can’t bring in players from outside?

You’re welcome to your opinion. There’s no overreaction. Clubs with successful academies don’t work with a two tiered system. It’s clear the training ground isn’t fit for purpose but the club never blood it’s youngsters.

It’s not about chucking kids in the deep end. It’s about preparing them and integrating them over a period of time. We’re giving out pro contracts to kids that haven’t trained with the 1st team. It’s gone on for years. Chasing U18 titles when the Leeds, piggies etc are playing kids up and focusing on player development.

It’s crackers. 

Moore can publicly say what he likes. The reality is much different. The youngsters have been nowhere near the training ground for weeks. That includes our young pros. The U18 fixture today was cancelled and we can guess why. 

Sums  the club up TBH.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marro said:

I don’t care what league we are in.  We are playing the 7 digit interbred Barnsley team.  Unacceptable 

6 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

The Moore effect 

That's another reserve team whose battered us 

Preseason or not

Its really pathetic 

I think you two need a reality check. First and foremost, we are a League One team for a reason. One that has had 15 senior players departing at the end of last season and cannot sign replacements due to the complete clusterfvck our Chairman has presided over. Alarm bells not ringing?!? Does this not even come in to your equations or thought processes?

Barnsley on the other hand have a good management structure, complete with a Sport Science department, good scouting networks and a solid recruitment team. Their playoff challenge last year was not by some fluke, but by putting in place the correct departments and investing their time, money, experience, contacts and resources correctly. The antithesis of Sheffield Wednesday.

Our club may have a better history, may have a larger following but we are street behind teams like Barnsley at this moment. Wake up and smell the coffee.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Bob Stryker said:

You’re welcome to your opinion. There’s no overreaction. Clubs with successful academies don’t work with a two tiered system. It’s clear the training ground isn’t fit for purpose but the club never blood it’s youngsters.

It’s not about chucking kids in the deep end. It’s about preparing them and integrating them over a period of time. We’re giving out pro contracts to kids that haven’t trained with the 1st team. It’s gone on for years. Chasing U18 titles when the Leeds, piggies etc are playing kids up and focusing on player development.

It’s crackers. 

Moore can publicly say what he likes. The reality is much different. The youngsters have been nowhere near the training ground for weeks. That includes our young pros. The U18 fixture today was cancelled and we can guess why. 

Sums  the club up TBH.

I’m not arguing with you. There are a lot of points in your post I agree with not least the point of the training ground. I’ve posted several times this summer that I believe as Moore’s reign goes on there will be an emphasis on improving the academy and I’m sure that will prove to be the case?

I just feel at the minute that Moore’s focus is having the senior squad in the best place possible for the start of the season but due to the continued off field uncertainty then this is going to prove to be very difficult?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

I think you two need a reality check. First and foremost, we are a League One team for a reason. One that has had 15 senior players departing at the end of last season and cannot sign replacements due to the complete clusterfvck our Chairman has presided over. Alarm bells not ringing?!? Does this not even come in to your equations or thought processes?

Barnsley on the other hand have a good management structure, complete with a Sport Science department, good scouting networks and a solid recruitment team. Their playoff challenge last year was not by some fluke, but by putting in place the correct departments and investing their time, money, experience, contacts and resources correctly. The antithesis of Sheffield Wednesday.

Our club may have a better history, may have a larger following but we are street behind teams like Barnsley at this moment. Wake up and smell the coffee.

I am under no illusions as to where we are as a club.  I’ll be totally honest when I say I hate it and it is not acceptable for a club like ours to be in the position we are in now.

1 hour ago, Marro said:

I am under no illusions as to where we are as a club.  I’ll be totally honest when I say I hate it and it is not acceptable for a club like ours to be in the position we are in now.

Why is it not acceptable? We've no devine right to be up and above any other club. I hate to break it you, but you still haven't fully grasped the picture.

What propels any business above its competitors and rivals is staying ahead of the game, by seeing the future of the industry it operates in and investing in that vision. We have not done that. It is totally acceptable, totally reasonable and absolutely understandable that we are, where we are. Had we had a Chairman, a leader, who was able to visualise and implement a strategic plan, to propel our club and his business back in to the 21st century, we wouldn't be where we are now.

To say its not acceptable, is not understanding the issues we have, or understanding the lack of investment across the entire football model of our club over the past 20+ years.

2 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Why is it not acceptable? We've no devine right to be up and above any other club. I hate to break it you, but you still haven't fully grasped the picture.

What propels any business above its competitors and rivals is staying ahead of the game, by seeing the future of the industry it operates in and investing in that vision. We have not done that. It is totally acceptable, totally reasonable and absolutely understandable that we are, where we are. Had we had a Chairman, a leader, who was able to visualise and implement a strategic plan, to propel our club and his business back in to the 21st century, we wouldn't be where we are now.

To say its not acceptable, is not understanding the issues we have, or understanding the lack of investment across the entire football model of our club over the past 20+ years.

I don’t disagree.  We are where we are due to poor ownership and management over a sustained period of time.  Other clubs have been run far better.  I don’t like it, never will.  Don't like losing but appreciate it is a fact of life.

Perhaps the difference between us is anger.  I am angry and as far as I am concerned (and for starters) and to quote Ferguson I want Wednesday to knock every team in Yorkshire off their ******* perch. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marro said:

I don’t disagree.  We are where we are due to poor ownership and management over a sustained period of time.  Other clubs have been run far better.  I don’t like it, never will.  Don't like losing but appreciate it is a fact of life.

Perhaps the difference between us is anger.  I am angry and as far as I am concerned (and for starters) and to quote Ferguson I want Wednesday to knock every team in Yorkshire off their ******* perch. 

Fair enough. I was reading your responses as more "toys out of pram" rather than "controlled anger", so apologies for suggesting you don't get it, as you obviously do.

Regarding anger and our differences, I am angry. I'm utterly p!ssed right off with the whole situation, but I think I've got to the point where I am almost sick of being angry. Plus, I know I can't control what goes on regarding the club and those two things have made me accept it, which is not my normal stance, especially as it is far from being acceptable. Like you, when it comes Sheffield Wednesday, second best isn't good enough.

3 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Created 2 clear chances at 0-0.

But the Dawson mistake OMFG please replace this guy asap. Stick bullen there as a temp, anything. This guy is going to cost us a min of 5+ games next season

Horrendous goalkeeping.

4 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Not sure if already posted.

if you go on Barnsley’s I follow extended highlights are on for free . 10 minute highlight

Ta for that. 

Seemed similar to last season, created a couple of good chances at 0-0 but didn’t take them and then we’re chasing the game (in the boiling hot sun) after a horrendous goalkeeping mistake. We had 3 or 4 decent chances to score though, but like last season, couldn’t convert them.

Hopefully we get the goalkeeper and striker issues sorted ASAP 

On 17/07/2021 at 13:03, Marro said:

These are the worst keepers we have had since I have supported the club from the Jackie Charlton era to the present day.  Truly abysmal.

If as a club we are to succeed then they both need moving on.  They both may be lovely fellas but there is no room for sentiment on football.

Both are better than Ola Tidman