Barnsley vs SWFC - Official Matchday Thread (12pm kick off)

16 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He’s better than the other two 

He's been gradually getting worse over the last 3 seasons & made as many mistakes as the other 2 last season and will probably produce more mistakes this season. His only advantage last season was he's better at organising the defence infront of him.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s just be clear here 

Your one man band Darren Moore hate campaign is gonna (rightly) cheese people off as you seek attention by scapegoating a good bloke who’s not had a fair crack of the whip

Your choice if you wanna do that but let’s be crystal clear that nobody is gonna be taking your campaign seriously in the slightest 

We are all backing our manager 

Attention seeking hahaah 

Your the biggest attention seeking poster on here 

Monks amazing blah blah blah 

Alonso has money and will be back to buy the club blah blah 

You chat that much poo  I'm surprised you can taste your food 

Whys this called a forum  ,don't agree with all knowledgeable Neil then your wrong 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Attention seeking hahaah 

Your the biggest attention seeking poster on here 

Monks amazing blah blah blah 

Alonso has money and will be back to buy the club blah blah 

You chat that much poo  I'm surprised you can taste your food 

Whys this called a forum  ,don't agree with all knowledgeable Neil then your wrong 

*you're wrong.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

A keeper and a couple of strikers away from a team that should cope in L1.

Just a couple of weeks to sort this out. Stop em going in at one end find a scorer at the other end. A season of mediocrity beckons if these positions aren’t strengthened in the next couple of weeks. Sounded glaringly obvious again today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whatdial said:

No one else concerned about the continued lack of goal threat? We don’t score goals and will need probably at least 70 for promotion. We’ve no chance without a change in players and formation. 

Right now not particularly.  Don't get me wrong, I would like to see us wallop teams 5 nil every game.  

After watching that Alfreton game, I saw how big a task we have facing us.  

We lost quite a few players when their contracts expired, combined with an embargo, having no money to spend or being able to spend it if we did.  

The squad right now is a work in progress.  I personally think we are still quite far off to what the squad will look like in 6 weeks time.  

Friendlies at this moment in time, will be to get the new players settled in, assess the current players physical condition, getting the players up to peak levels of fitness and assessing the youth players already at the club.  

Strategy at the moment will be a mix of the above.  

Once more players start leaving (the timescale could well be late next month) and more players come in (GK, CB, CM, RW, 2 ST).  Only then can Moore really get down to shaping the first eleven.  From there we will really start to get moving. 

• Like 3

So maybe if the critique is of Darren Moore the question could be asked what could be done instead?

Anyone can shout Boo!

The genius is to look at the same situation and come up with a better answer.

• Like 1

Fitness is very important in preseason, but we have been use to losing for two years now. When Dawson or Wildsmith make an error and cost us a goal, all last season we lost every single game.

We need goals in the team but equally the likes of Bannan, Windass, Paterson need to step up. We need to become the team that when we concede, we go up the other end and score, not the team we are now concede a goal, heads drop and we lose.

This is not a quick fix, but we need options up front, Paterson and Windass have once again today shown that chances a striker would put away they have missed.

This is not about promotion, this is about being competitive in league one. No more excuses, get the striker options in now we need, if Windass or Bannan need moving on to free up the finances, then for the good of the team it needs to happen.

• Like 4

We’ll struggle, like we did last year, in front of goal if Hagan is our only recognised striker. I’d bring bonnington(?) in from the youngsters. Windass, Paterson are attacking forwards, we need at least 2 strikers in. There must be some without a club out there.

55 minutes ago, whatdial said:

No one else concerned about the continued lack of goal threat? We don’t score goals and will need probably at least 70 for promotion. We’ve no chance without a change in players and formation. 

Promotion are you having a laugh ?

I expect no higher than 10th 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

We’ll struggle, like we did last year, in front of goal if Hagan is our only recognised striker. I’d bring bonnington(?) in from the youngsters. Windass, Paterson are attacking forwards, we need at least 2 strikers in. There must be some without a club out there.

Bonnington has got a mountain to climb to be ready for the first team.

• Haha 2

Why doesn't Moore see that Dawson and Wildsmith aren't good enough , been like this for s couple of years now but nothing changes.

Westwood is off the books now , loan one of em out and sign MD experienced keeper 

If we can get a reasonable keeper and two strikers we will be looking on track for a reasonable season IMO. Top six if we are lucky. No strikers and Dawson or Wildsmith between the sticks and a lower mid table and lots of frustration is more likely. 

2 minutes ago, Watto said:

Why doesn't Moore see that Dawson and Wildsmith aren't good enough , been like this for s couple of years now but nothing changes.

Westwood is off the books now , loan one of em out and sign MD experienced keeper 

How do you know that Moore does think they’re good enough?

• Like 1