Barnsley vs SWFC - Official Matchday Thread (12pm kick off)

1 minute ago, Marro said:

Rhodes was a good coach.  I hope the new guy is effective.

I think that could be questionable as both Wildsmith and Dawson were making fundamental errors long before Rhodes left and evidently from their showing in the pre-season games they both continue to show completely no progress.

Surely we need better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

You can’t blame individual errors on coaching all the time though. Eventually a player has to step up and admit they’re not at the level required. Unfortunately handing them 4 year contracts means they don’t really need to worry about whether they’re at the required level, or not. 

Totally agree - cushy life - don’t have to excel 

2 minutes ago, Adamjack said:

Should be beating teams like barnsley especially when they didn't even have anywhere near their strongest line up from the start 

Eh. You do realise this is a training game don't you. The idea is for Moore to get to know each player's strengths and weaknesses. Not to go all out to win or get injured. Chill out.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Worst thing about them is that they both looked really promising in their early appearances, but they've both turned into liabilities. 

Odds of 2 keepers doing that at the same time? Got to look at the coaching side as well. 

It’s not coaching

Its lack of ability 

They are just playing more often do they are being shown as inadequate more often.

I’ve been saying they’re poo for about half a decade…it was so obvious from the start

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think if we are going to have to endure your hate campaign towards Moore for the next season you’re gonna make it unbearable reading for other people 

ffs

Campaign :tango:

It’s a preseason friendly behind closed doors. We have let 12 (?) players leave signed 3 kids and playing a side who got to the playoffs? 

Think a few chill pills are needed

• Like 7