QPR looking to sign Moses Odubajo

21 hours ago, Ronio said:

Thing with Odubajo, when he gave away those two penalties, he was playing as a centre back, a position he should never have been put in.  We can thank the manager numerous times for playing him in unfamiliar positions rather than the one position he probably would have thrived in but rarely played there. 

Did we ever really play to his strength during his time with us? Then the answer is simply no. 

Play to his strengths?! Blimey lets build the team round moses zidane

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

He’s been there a few weeks hasn’t he? Showed up on their club pictures when they went back for Pre Season.

Anyway, to his SWFC highlights reel…

F6F5F27F-9E59-48B4-B2A4-C45AB2979A29.gif

It’s a clever video, the longer you watch the more angry it makes you 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unkastav said:

Play to his strengths?! Blimey lets build the team round moses zidane

I would rather we played to his strengths and not his weaknesses like sticking him in as a centre back and on his left foot.  Then moan about how bad he was in that position. 

Second point, playing to his strengths hardly equates to building a team around that player.  

15 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I would rather we played to his strengths and not his weaknesses like sticking him in as a centre back and on his left foot.  Then moan about how bad he was in that position. 

Second point, playing to his strengths hardly equates to building a team around that player.  

Or he could just defend and use his noggin occasionally

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

I’m a bit concerned what it says about Shodipo’s ability if QPR are happy to loan him out but they’re signing Odubajo

I'm a bit concerned about Sir Les's faculties if as director of football he's signing Odubajo lol

Bit gutted he had such a ‘mare here, really thought we’d played a blinder bringing him in IF he could stay fit. Would’ve loved to see it work out for him in Sheff, great lad who’s had a tough run of it.

He has been pretty dreadful on the whole though, few decent games but mainly just looked completely rattled.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
11 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

I’m a bit concerned what it says about Shodipo’s ability if QPR are happy to loan him out but they’re signing Odubajo

Im a lot concerned...i think our signings so far are quite worrying

19 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Everyone is excited as we after many years have started signing young players with potential to improve.
It’s a step in the right direction certainly however we have only started doing this as we can’t afford to do anything else, we have been backed into a corner and forced into this approach so it’s unlikely we get it right straight away especially with our history with young players.

12 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I had a scan on the Huddersfield, Oxford, QPR and Wycombe forums after we’ve signed Adeniran, Brown and Shodipo.

Adeniran looks like a he could be a great signing based on what the Wycombe fans were saying about him.

The general view on the Huddersfield forum was that Brown is crap and can’t defend.

And the Oxford forum said they can do better than Shodipo and not many of them wanted to see him back for another season.

But I accept it’s where we are as a club currently that we have to sign championship cast offs on frees and loans so let’s hope they all come good in a Wednesday shirt 

23 hours ago, McRightSide said:

When we played him further forward he did well and often was out most creative outlet. He was surprisingly good on the left too.

If you keep him facing forward away from your box he’s a decent Championship player. Of course he once celebrated an opposition goal so no one will acknowledge that

So if you keep this defender away from his own goal he's a decent player.

Cracking defender. 

I wish the lad all the best, but he was a travesty at Hillsborough and him leaving is one of very few recent postives.

Edited by Owls2k
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

So if you keep this defender away from his own goal he's a decent player.

Cracking defender. 

I wish the lad all the best, but he was a travesty at Hillsborough and him leaving is one of very few recent postives.

Where did I saw he should be used as a defender?