BREAKING - Wednesday turn down £1MILLION for Windass

I don't blame any club for trying to get as much as they can for players, but every man and his dog knows that we are up  s h i t creek, so Chansiri ain't getting a decent price for any players now.

In any circumstances however, 5m for Windass is pure comedy.

More ingenious business maneuverings from our glorious leader. 

• Like 1

If he is worth 5 million then I reckon I am worth at least 200k and I am 47 and haven't played a match in years!

Transfer fees have become a joke. 5 million for a very average championship player who cost us 10% of that.

If we can get 1.5m I think we should sell.

Just now, apswfcowl said:

If he is worth 5 million then I reckon I am worth at least 200k and I am 47 and haven't played a match in years!

Transfer fees have become a joke. 5 million for a very average championship player who cost us 10% of that.

If we can get 1.5m I think we should sell.

Maybe even 250k tbh. I used to score quite a few from midfield so maybe understood myself.

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri is such a loon. You sign for Wednesday you’re basically signing you’re life away.

My advice as an agent to ANY player looking to join us would be quite simply - stay far away. You’ll never be allowed to leave, you’ll run your contract down and you’ll lose your motivation for the game.

And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

£5m is a good price for someone who did well last season, we cannot afford to give our players away for next to nothing. Yes we got him cheap but thats how it should work

5 million for Windass when we aren’t paying players is absolutely bonkers. Serious bonkers. 

And he’s never worth 5 million anyway - even in normal circumstances. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri is such a loon. You sign for Wednesday you’re basically signing you’re life away.

My advice as an agent to ANY player looking to join us would be quite simply - stay far away. You’ll never be allowed to leave, you’ll run your contract down and you’ll lose your motivation for the game.

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

6 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!"

Superb. 

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave. 

Apply that to Reach, Forestieri, Abdi and co.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Superb. 

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave. 

Apply that to Reach, Forestieri, Abdi and co.

but they’ve left.  

I don't mind Windass - he did ok last season, but missed a few. He seems to get in the rights areas, which is a good start.

Clearly he is a decent Championship player option, for most middle-of-the-road championship clubs. I imagine his wage demands would be better than what he's on with us. All roads lead to him leaving, and anything between £1.5m-£2m would be a fair price in my view.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

5 million for Windass when we aren’t paying players is absolutely bonkers. Serious bonkers. 

And he’s never worth 5 million anyway - even in normal circumstances. 

He's not he's probably worth c£3milion but it's called negotiation, if there is demand for your asset (and at least two clubs sniffing around) then you ask for more than you would accept and negotiate downward.

Selling a player we got on the cheap for less that market value makes no sense, better keeping him.

• Haha 1

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

He's not he's probably worth c£3milion but it's called negotiation, if there is demand for your asset (and at least two clubs sniffing around) then you ask for more than you would accept and negotiate downward.

Selling a player we got on the cheap for less that market value makes no sense, better keeping him.

Or we are completely pricing everyone out of signing him?

Chansiri got a good record when it comes to selling assets and reinvesting does he?

He sets unrealistic price tags and then let’s the players leave at the end of their contracts for nowt.

So yeah sorry I’m not confident the chairman who has led us to embargo’s, points deductions and relegation knows what he’s doing when it comes to negotiations.

lol

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

But it will dissuade other clubs coming in for him hopefully

An unpaid Josh Windass who wants to leave? I’d rather we let him go and make a good profit on him and reinvest wisely.

You know like most successful and well run football clubs do. 

We said the same about FF when Fulham came knocking. ‘We can’t replace him’. He went on to sit on his arse for 3 years doing nothing. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

An unpaid Josh Windass who wants to leave? I’d rather we let him go and make a good profit on him and reinvest wisely.

We said the same about FF when Fulham came knocking. ‘We can’t replace him’. He went on to sit on his arse for 3 years doing nothing. 

we can’t re-invest. That’s the obvious flaw in your plan

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who says he wants to leave and hasn't been paid, last i heard he likes it here.  Sell or dont play your best players one thing is invertible  as last season proved.  Keep the best players get rid of the crap then invest in further decent players.