BREAKING - Wednesday turn down £1MILLION for Windass

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You think slapping £5m on him will make clubs come back?

It will put them off and they’ll move on to other targets

Who has slapped a £5M price tag on him? One person on here who has since retracted it. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Nixon reported in the Sun DC wants 5 million for Windass.

We are back to believing everything Nixon says is gospel now then? Shame he wasn't so accurate in dismissing the validity of Alonso.

If we have put that price on him then I agree it is daft. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Which is absolutely tragic. 

This is how the conversation should go;

SWFC: Hi Josh, you’re in the last year of your contract. Do you want to sign a new one?

Josh: Not sure really. Not been paid and would rather be guaranteed Championship football. I think that’s my level.

Club: Fair point. We don’t want you to walk away for free. Milwall have offered 1m for you. Which is more than we paid in the first place. It’s a decent deal considering our financial situation and the League we are in. We’re willing to let you go.

Josh: Great stuff. I’ll pack my bags. Enjoy the profit!

The club then use that money to find a replacement - this is possible. Clubs literally do it all the time.

I’d love nothing more than the club to fetch £1m and reinvest it into a lower league star, but I can’t see this club having the forward thinking to pull off something like that

We don’t necessarily know what wages have been paid to which player, at what percentage and on what date. For all we know, Josh has received his and it’s others waiting. I’m not disputing that there’s an issue BTW, we just don’t know the details 

I think ultimately the club will look to protect a valuable asset, regardless. Josh is one of our more high profile players and has a decent pedigree.

Lets negotiate and see what we can get. £2 - 2.5 million would be good business 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We are back to believing everything Nixon says is gospel now then? Shame he wasn't so accurate in dismissing the validity of Alonso.

If we have put that price on him then I agree it is daft. 

He did dismiss the validity of Alonso. He called out The Athletic for buying into his nonsense.

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d rather we run the club like a business ffs. It’s not asking much.

Lad will walk away for nowt next season and we’re here turning down £1m+ bids. Promotion doesn’t hinge on Windass staying or going.

Do we not learn?

The article states that there is a further one year extension clause, meaning that he will not necessarily walk away for nothing next season, and two given that there is an extra year, surely that would increase his current valuation? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swfc1983 said:

Bolton sold Gary Madine to Cardiff for £6 million, sometimes if you ask silly money you get it.

Bolton did indeed sell Madine to Cardiff supposedly for £6 million but ironically the transaction has never appeared in their accounts and Bolton fans believe the money never came anywhere close to the club.

Maybe there are more chairman than just Chansiri that like to fiddle with the accounts !

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He did dismiss the validity of Alonso. He called out The Athletic for buying into his nonsense.

Not initially and he kept running stories that the Derby takeover was going to happen. 

They all get it wrong from time to time. 

27 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d rather we run the club like a business ffs. It’s not asking much.

Lad will walk away for nowt next season and we’re here turning down £1m+ bids. Promotion doesn’t hinge on Windass staying or going.

Do we not learn?

Seeing as you believe in Nixon, then this won't happen as we have a 1-year option next summer.

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

The article states that there is a further one year extension clause, meaning that he will not necessarily walk away for nothing next season, and two given that there is an extra year, surely that would increase his current valuation? 

Yeah fair enough didn’t realise that if true. I still don’t see how we are in a position to be turning down million pound bids on players with the reported wage issue. 

I imagine Windass will want to leave and play at a higher level. He’s good mates with Bannan who has gone on record to say the club isn’t a great place to be at the moment. It’s not out the realms of possibility to think Windass feels the same. 

Therefore I wouldn’t be turning down bids for him at all. We’ve done this in the past and players have gone on to lose form and subsequently lose value. We should try and make profit on him. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not initially and he kept running stories that the Derby takeover was going to happen. 

They all get it wrong from time to time. 

Hmm I don’t think he did. He was very dismissive of it throughout. 

Was John Percy and The Athletic who were leading on the Alonso reporting. Nixon was asked a few times and generally dismissed it as BS. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah fair enough didn’t realise that if true. I still don’t see how we are in a position to be turning down million pound bids on players with the reported wage issue. 

I imagine Windass will want to leave and play at a higher level. He’s good mates with Bannan who has gone on record to say the club isn’t a great place to be at the moment. It’s not out the realms of possibility to think Windass feels the same. 

Therefore I wouldn’t be turning down bids for him at all. We’ve done this in the past and players have gone on to lose form and subsequently lose value. We should try and make profit on him. 

i think the club is in a bit of a catch 22 situation.  

For me, with the reported wage issues, fans not getting their refund money back etc it is imperative that we maximise every transfer deal.  I disagree with the notion that we should just cave in to pressure from other clubs, take whatever deals they offered us.  If we take that route, there won't be much left.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hmm I don’t think he did. He was very dismissive of it throughout. 

Was John Percy and The Athletic who were leading on the Alonso reporting. Nixon was asked a few times and generally dismissed it as BS. 

He also said Derby had a US buyer in place in April but it would depend on them staying up, that seems to have gone a bit quiet.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Was Hillsborough a great place to be when these players agreed to sign 2-year contracts to stay at the club? I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Was Hillsborough a great place to be when these players agreed to sign 2-year contracts to stay at the club? I doubt it. 

The only player to do that was Bannan. Windass signed a deal last summer - things looked generally more positive at that point.

Why Bannan signed that new deal god knows. He looked bloody gutted when speaking about it to the Scottish press the other day.

lol

Guest wilyfox
33 minutes ago, Jim said:

Who do you believe Dom or Nicko? Nicko everyday of the week for me.

both have sources. Both get it wrong sometimes.