BREAKING - Wednesday turn down £1MILLION for Windass

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Who says he wants to leave and hasn't been paid, last i heard he likes it here.  Sell or dont play your best players one thing is invertible  as last season proved.  Keep the best players get rid of the crap then invest in further decent players. 

Not what he said on the podcast last week. 

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What did he actually say?  

Can’t remember for verbatim but something along the lines of not sure what the future holds.

Could have turned around and said he loves it at Wednesday like you have claimed. But he didn’t. 

It’s on YouTube. Mainly chatting about Scotland v England - 30 mins long. Can’t remember what point he talks about us. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri is such a loon. You sign for Wednesday you’re basically signing you’re life away.

My advice as an agent to ANY player looking to join us would be quite simply - stay far away. You’ll never be allowed to leave, you’ll run your contract down and you’ll lose your motivation for the game.

Royston.jpg

• Haha 3

Guest Hornsby
12 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What did he actually say?  

He said the club is a nightmare with loads of staff leaving and was his agents plead to come and get Baz. Free.

Guest wilyfox
17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who’s fault is that 

Sorry for wanting the club to be ran properly 

We know whose fault it is, but selling Windass won’t fix that. It’ll only make matters worse if we can’t replace him.

Just now, wilyfox said:

We know whose fault it is, but selling Windass won’t fix that. It’ll only make matters worse if we can’t replace him.

Why do people suddenly think Windass is going to fire us to promotion?

If the lad wants to leave he won’t be the same player. May as well try and make profit on him (which would be good business) and start operating like a proper football club. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Can’t remember for verbatim but something along the lines of not sure what the future holds.

Could have turned around and said he loves it at Wednesday like you have claimed. But he didn’t. 

It’s on YouTube. Mainly chatting about Scotland v England - 30 mins long. Can’t remember what point he talks about us. 

Thanks for that, 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back trying to understand what a bunch of hungover Sctos and Windass are saying, needs a translator and the subtitles on YouTube simply aren't up to it!

They asked him about his situation in reference to 2 or 3 Championship clubs said to be showing an interest - he said he was playing his cards close to his chest. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

If the lad wants to leave he won’t be the same player. May as well try and make profit on him (which would be good business) and start operating like a proper football club. 

I didn’t say Windass would fire us to promotion. We’re in too much turmoil for a push, but, I guarantee our team is worse without him.

I’ve no problem with selling Windass in principle, providing the proceeds go into replacements. Signs are that wouldn’t happen as things stand.

6 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He said the club is a nightmare with loads of staff leaving and was his agents plead to come and get Baz. Free.

We are on about Windass here, not Bannan, Windass said nothing of the sort. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If, I get the feeling you would make a good Sun editor.  If he can score in a relegation season it stands to reason he can  score in a none relegation season, and increase his value which would benefit more in the long term than moving for a few hundred thousand.

If we sold him for less than a million then there would be another melt down on here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Thanks for that, 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back trying to understand what a bunch of hungover Sctos and Windass are saying, needs a translator and the subtitles on YouTube simply aren't up to it!

They asked him about his situation in reference to 2 or 3 Championship clubs said to be showing an interest - he said he was playing his cards close to his chest. 

Bloody amazing that's why I don't' research claims on here all come from a vivid imagination.  

As crazy as it sounds, £5m is about right for someone at a good age who got 10 goals and 5 assists in the championship, and comes from a decent pedigree 

It never would have been 10-15 years ago, but the market has dramatically shifted.

Players at a similar age with similar stats have gone for similar fees.

Do I think we’ll get £5m? Probably not. But £1m is a pathetic offer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

As crazy as it sounds, £5m is about right for someone at a good age who got 10 goals and 5 assists in the championship, and comes from a decent pedigree 

It never would have been 10-15 years ago, but the market has dramatically shifted.

Players at a similar age with similar stats have gone for similar fees.

Do I think we’ll get £5m? Probably not. But £1m is a pathetic offer 

This thread just shows how different opinions can be among the same fan base.

I know that the market has gone crazy, but even so, I think £5M is ludicrous. At the same time we have supporters who would have happily sold him for £400,000 last week.

I think around £1.2 - 1.5M would be good business for a player we bought for £500K a year ago and would not be unreasonable to expect given what Millwall are said to have offered so far. 

Guest Hornsby

Transfer market.com have his market value at £1.6 million and their bots are best in business.

Millwall at £1 million have it about right sadly, with cash flow discount.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

This thread just shows how different opinions can be among the same fan base.

I know that the market has gone crazy, but even so, I think £5M is ludicrous. At the same time we have supporters who would have happily sold him for £400,000 last week.

I think around £1.2 - 1.5M would be good business for a player we bought for £500K a year ago and would not be unreasonable to expect given what Millwall are said to have offered so far. 

Ok on reflection £5m isn’t realistic, but I think we should try and aim for more than £1m. £2m would be good business. I didn’t factor in he’s in the last year of his contract too 

Guest Hornsby
28 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We are on about Windass here, not Bannan, Windass said nothing of the sort. 

His Dad did. Come and get him was message to other clubs.Asap.

Also senior said players not paid.