BREAKING - Wednesday turn down £1MILLION for Windass

34 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So that looks like borner and windass we are going to hold here against their will...im sure they will still perform to their best tho every satday...

Or til a bid comes in that we say is acceptable. 

There have been posters on here saying 'Sell Sell Sell'

What, to the first bid? It sounds like the Windass bid has been doubled. Possibly more bids to come. 

Don't get me wrong, I know the club is a farce, we have very few players we could actually sell due to the ridiculous way we are run, but some of the 'pile on' stuff on this forum is beyond a joke.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

Yeah but its like missing a few mortgage payments and turning down an offer to buy your house at half the price its worth....

By the way if you think thats ok contact me and ill buy your house for half what its worth...

lol

Owlstalk Shop

50 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So that looks like borner and windass we are going to hold here against their will...im sure they will still perform to their best tho every satday...

Crazy. So bad for the changing room as well if we have players desperate to leave. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

So we can't afford to pay the player's wages, but are turning down bids of 1 million for half decent players. 

This club is beyond insane. 

In fairness, we could probably get more for Windass... assuming we're not at risk of losing him due to a wages issue. 

1 hour ago, Shadowl said:

Not read the entire threat but wasn't it 400k yesterday £1millon today. I'd wait a week to hear it was £1billion dollars and a laser on the moon. 

"£2billion and we have deal!"

:Chansiri:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Maybe not halved but he will have had a significant reduction upon relegation.   I believe even Millwall could comfortably match his reduced wage but if say Forrest were in for him then he would likely get offered closer to his championship salary than Millwall could manage. 

I'm still unsure, we've seen the short termism with how we've been run.

I don't think "Relegation clauses" would feature in anyone's contract.

Millwalls wage bill is half the size of ours, that doesn't include any bonuses either.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is this right about not paying staff?  First time I've heard this.  Is this fact?

Sadly, no way you'd not pay players but staff.

Club do seem to be doing a decent job driving price up, in circumstances.

£3 million .

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Sorry are the staff, ticketing staff, shop staff etc, being paid?  Driving what price up?

Driving Josh price up.

I don't know about support staff, but logically they won't get paid in a cash crisis.

Sadly, have far less power than players.

£1m seems about right for him.

Didn't exactly set the world on fire and we double our money.

Yep in an ideal world we'd keep him but if we add a sell on fee also surely this is best for all concerned (fans excepted)?

• Like 1

what gets me is a club like millwall wont have had any money like us except from sky money etc like us yet they can afford million pound players while we are down to 11 players and cant afford to pay the players or get anyone in. 

48 minutes ago, morganowl said:

what gets me is a club like millwall wont have had any money like us except from sky money etc like us yet they can afford million pound players while we are down to 11 players and cant afford to pay the players or get anyone in. 

They didn't go on a reckless spending spree, pay ridiculous wages, refuse to recoup fees on the vast majority of players, y'know - basically run their club into the ground for several years, though.

That'll be why they can spend £1m while we can't pay our players' wages.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

They havnt been paying the likes of Westwood, Rhodes, Fletcher etc for the last few years.