BREAKING - Wednesday turn down £1MILLION for Windass

Guest Hornsby
5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Did he tho

Yep, worked too hence £400 k try on.

Let's pray this club being sold hint true.

10 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

His Dad did. Come and get him was message to other clubs.Asap.

Also senior said players not paid.

Wouldn’t believe a word his dad said

He’s lucky to get his shoes on the right feet in a morning never mind owt else

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Probably worth more to us if we keep him and sends up back up. In an ideal world.

Thing is though, us asking for 5m is not unreasonable. It's a bit like Spurs asking City 170m for Harry Kane. They know they aren't gonna get it, but you'll end up getting more than what was originally offered by negotiation. If we decide to become a normal club that is 

Hahahahahahahahaha

It nothing like it, Windass had 1 season in the championship, out of contract in 12 months scored 10 goals in 40+ games.

or Harry kane 166 goals in 242 games, captain of club and country,  34 goals in 57 games for England guarantees 20+ goals and 10+ assists a season, has scored 20+ goals for the last 7 years and at27 is just coming into his prime as a footballer he will break all records for an English striker and premiership scoring of remain fit.

Trust me when I say this Windass is nothing like Kane, one is a striker of World class pedigree the other an attacking midfielder who has never played above championship level.

Guest Hornsby
7 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Wouldn’t believe a word his dad said

He’s lucky to get his shoes on the right feet in a morning never mind owt else

£650,000 a year salary ten years ago , wish I was a quid behind him..

Doubled his son's salary by engineering move from  Rangers , leaking contract release clause in Sun.

Seems on Mitre ball to me.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If, I get the feeling you would make a good Sun editor.  If he can score in a relegation season it stands to reason he can  score in a none relegation season, and increase his value which would benefit more in the long term than moving for a few hundred thousand.

If we sold him for less than a million then there would be another melt down on here.

Who says it will be a “none relegation season” 🤔

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

As crazy as it sounds, £5m is about right for someone at a good age who got 10 goals and 5 assists in the championship, and comes from a decent pedigree 

It never would have been 10-15 years ago, but the market has dramatically shifted.

Players at a similar age with similar stats have gone for similar fees.

Do I think we’ll get £5m? Probably not. But £1m is a pathetic offer 

Who are these “Players at a similar age with similar stats” of whom you speak ?

5 minutes ago, Truth is out there said:

Who are these “Players at a similar age with similar stats” of whom you speak ?

Romaine Sawyers. Attacking midfielder. Moved to West Brom for £3m at age 28. Previous season at Brentford he didn’t even score in 42 games. Before that had 4 in 42

Sam Gallagher. Midfielder/Striker. Aged 25. Signed for Blackburn for just under £6m. Scored 6 in 42 the previous season in the championship 

Kiefer Moore. Striker. Signed for Cardiff for £2.5m. Aged 28. Scored 10 in 36 for Wigan in the championship previous season 

I admitted further down in my post that £5m was perhaps wishful thinking, but we have to be aiming for more than £1m, let alone bloody £400k like some have suggested 

18 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Romaine Sawyers. Attacking midfielder. Moved to West Brom for £3m at age 28. Previous season at Brentford he didn’t even score in 42 games. Before that had 4 in 42

Sam Gallagher. Midfielder/Striker. Aged 25. Signed for Blackburn for just under £6m. Scored 6 in 42 the previous season in the championship 

Kiefer Moore. Striker. Signed for Cardiff for £2.5m. Aged 28. Scored 10 in 36 for Wigan in the championship previous season 

I admitted further down in my post that £5m was perhaps wishful thinking, but we have to be aiming for more than £1m, let alone bloody £400k like some have suggested 

5 million for a player in the last year of his contract is simply bonkers. Especially when you factor in the wage issue and the division we are playing our football in.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

5 million for a player in the last year of his contract is simply bonkers. Especially when you factor in the wage issue and the division we are playing our football in.

You seem very keen to get Windass out the door, regardless of whether we can replace him, or if an extension puts us in a good place with his contract. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

You seem very keen to get Windass out the door, regardless of whether we can replace him, or if an extension puts us in a good place with his contract. 

I’d rather we run the club like a business ffs. It’s not asking much.

Lad will walk away for nowt next season and we’re here turning down £1m+ bids. Promotion doesn’t hinge on Windass staying or going.

Do we not learn?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No I agree, but so is £1m. What are we going to do with that? That figure wouldn’t be worth losing him for. 

Id rather he gets as many goals as possible next season and we lose him for free in the summer - then make £1m 

Mainly because I don’t trust the club to reinvest that money 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Lad will walk away for nowt next season and we’re here turning down £1m+ bids. Promotion doesn’t hinge on Windass staying or going.

Do we not learn?

Sell at the right price? Yes absolutely.

Sell for the first offer received as you advocated? That's not running the club like a business either. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Do we not learn?

not if we hold a contract option on him, as reported. Not good business if selling him leaves us weaker because we can’t replace him. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

No I agree, but so is £1m. What are we going to do with that? That figure wouldn’t be worth losing him for. 

Id rather he gets as many goals as possible next season and we lose him for free in the summer - then make £1m 

Mainly because I don’t trust the club to reinvest that money 

Which is absolutely tragic. 

This is how the conversation should go;

SWFC: Hi Josh, you’re in the last year of your contract. Do you want to sign a new one?

Josh: Not sure really. Not been paid and would rather be guaranteed Championship football. I think that’s my level.

Club: Fair point. We don’t want you to walk away for free. Milwall have offered 1m for you. Which is more than we paid in the first place. It’s a decent deal considering our financial situation and the League we are in. We’re willing to let you go.

Josh: Great stuff. I’ll pack my bags. Enjoy the profit!

The club then use that money to find a replacement - this is possible. Clubs literally do it all the time.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sell at the right price? Yes absolutely.

Sell for the first offer received as you advocated? That's not running the club like a business either. 

You think slapping £5m on him will make clubs come back?

It will put them off and they’ll move on to other targets