BREAKING - Wednesday turn down £1MILLION for Windass

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

what gets me is a club like millwall wont have had any money like us except from sky money etc like us yet they can afford million pound players while we are down to 11 players and cant afford to pay the players or get anyone in. 

Strange. Do you know whats happening at our club?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Players

How many times, only the directors of a company can apply for administration.  Anybody owed monies can apply for a winding up order, which would see the company and club liquidated.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Anybody owed monies can apply for a winding up order, which would see the company and club liquidated.

673975067_DoubleTake2.gif.ce84581da65af083d5fb79714e6119ff.gif

Given all the season ticket holders waiting for refunds, and players waiting for wages, that potentially puts us in a very perilous position then, doesn't it?

7 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is this right about not paying staff?  First time I've heard this.  Is this fact?

Ive heard some staff have not been paid in full. I spoke to a lad in the pub around a month ago who works for Wednesday and he had been messed around with wages. 

If true, which I have no reason to believe it isn’t, it’s utterly disgusting

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Don't know if it's been said already but didn't Birmingham get in big trouble when they refused to sell Che Adams when they were in FFP trouble. 

But we are no longer in FFP trouble.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

673975067_DoubleTake2.gif.ce84581da65af083d5fb79714e6119ff.gif

Given all the season ticket holders waiting for refunds, and players waiting for wages, that potentially puts us in a very perilous position then, doesn't it?

It does if you’re saying a fan would try to liquidate the club they’ve spent all their lives supporting.  The players will know more about their situation than some random on the internet and at the moment, unlike the keyboard experts, seem ok with that.

6 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

It does if you’re saying a fan would try to liquidate the club they’ve spent all their lives supporting.  The players will know more about their situation than some random on the internet and at the moment, unlike the keyboard experts, seem ok with that.

Let's hope so, eh? As far as we're aware, only Börner has initiated proceedings due to the unpaid wages. How far this goes, we'll just have to wait and see.

I don’t know what to make of it all now to be honest. I’d have thought we’d have been accepting bids in the £1million pound range for Windass. I understand why we would want to keep him for L1 and think he could be prolific in this division but we don’t have a full squad anyway and with all of the cash flow issues I’d have thought we be letting him go. Maybe the offer isn’t cash up front so doesn’t help with the cash flow issue? Who knows what goes in in DCs head. The Borner situation is equally baffling! 

13 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Wouldn't his agent know this already

Yes.

But if said agent was working on the assumption that if he could line up a deal elsewhere, it would be in Wednesday's interests to accept, due to the fact we'd not been paying his client's wages properly, then I could imagine a situation where our refusal to accept that offer might be met with a change of tack.

20 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

True but they may apply the same pressure to our current siuation. Not paying players. Not refunding fans. Problem accounts. 

The biggest problem is not filing the accounts. I think that maybe linked to not paying the accountants! Hopefully the Shaw money will put that right though.

I'm worried that we are holding off paying players until 19th July with the Covid situation though. I think it's bargaining strategy with the EFL for what ends I do not know. But weeing off the EFL is not a good idea.

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Let's hope so, eh? As far as we're aware, only Börner has initiated proceedings due to the unpaid wages. How far this goes, we'll just have to wait and see.

Reported to have initiated proceedings. I wouldn’t take that as gospel until it’s been confirmed 

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Reported to have initiated proceedings. I wouldn’t take that as gospel until it’s been confirmed 

As I say, we'll just have to wait and see.

Not a nice position to be in as a fan, though - I'd much rather be worrying about whether our new right-back is good enough for a promotion push rather than whether any of our players are going to start legal proceedings due to unpaid wages.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As I say, we'll just have to wait and see.

Not a nice position to be in as a fan, though - I'd much rather be worrying about whether our new right-back is good enough for a promotion push rather than whether any of our players are going to start legal proceedings due to unpaid wages.

Never worry about anything you cannot change. It’s fruitless and can lead to mental health issues.

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

If we are under a transfer embargo we can't sell anyone because we can't bring a suitable replacement in. If we get out of the transfer embargo then we need to be considering offers. We've been here before and then regret it down the line.

The players still have to be willing to play for us though.

It’s likely Windass and a few more of the senior pros that are left at the club have already played their last game for us