Hannover's Julian Borner comments

14 minutes ago, parajack said:

Why??...perfectly fair comment.....whats he offered in his time here?...would you have offered another contract?

It's not an issue with his ability mate, it's the fact he's not been paid and regardless of ability, WE as a club took him on and agreed to pay him.

We haven't paid him and he's fully justified in his stance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Doesn’t he only have the right to walk away if he takes the steps to terminate his contract? If he hasn’t done that we are entitled to ask for a fee.

He may not have taken the steps to terminate his contract because, if he does, he’s writing off the last year of his contract. He may be trying to get Wednesday to pay the difference between his wages here and the lower wages he’s agreed to in Germany ( for the first year of any contract he signs). I don’t think he can ask us to do that if he terminates his contract with us. 

The above may be a load of rubbish but I’m pretty certain that’s how it can work in some instances.

He will still be entitled to pay he is owed for the term of the contract and trust me, football contracts are water tight and he will get his money in a court of law.

What we could do is pay him up what we currently owe and then reach an agreement on the remainder. Which allows him to join Hannover.

Long and short because we haven't paid him, the power rests with him.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What’s exaggeration about players not being paid? What’s exaggeration about the fact the club is under a transfer embargo and needs to sell?

Confused. It’s as if everything is rosy down at S6.

“The players haven’t been paid for 4 months” v “The players haven’t been paid in full on time for 4 months” is the very definition of exaggeration. 

Nobody is suggesting everything is rosy but mass hysteria and panic sales of players for a fraction of their market value is not the solution. 

As explained to you in the other thread your panic would already have cost us £600k you’ve only been running the place a few days. 🤣

I love watching Wednesday as much as the next fan, I’ve had a season ticket for nearly 40 years, you have to take it a bit less seriously. When you get to my age (I know I’m an old git) you realise that other things in your life are more important than which division Wednesday will be playing in next season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I think the number of Wednesday fans that are seemingly OK with their club not fulfilling their legal obligation to pay their employees is frightening. 

Based on the fact he was part of a team that go relegated.

4 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

“The players haven’t been paid for 4 months” v “The players haven’t been paid in full on time for 4 months” is the very definition of exaggeration. 

Nobody is suggesting everything is rosy but mass hysteria and panic sales of players for a fraction of their market value is not the solution. 

As explained to you in the other thread your panic would already have cost us £600k you’ve only been running the place a few days. 🤣

I love watching Wednesday as much as the next fan, I’ve had a season ticket for nearly 40 years, you have to take it a bit less seriously. When you get to my age (I know I’m an old git) you realise that other things in your life are more important than which division Wednesday will be playing in next season. 

So we are not paying the players their contracted wage?

Hardly an exaggeration?

It’s breach of contract and legally and morally wrong. 

Sorry i don’t understand how that’s exaggerating the point.

• Like 2

Between this and the Windass situation it seems like Chansiri has exited the infinity pool and started one of his sporadic spasms of actual involvement in running the club.

Chansiri doesn't let players leave until he is legally unable to stop them.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

WAHEY WE GOT A I’M GLAD I’M NOT IN THE TRENCHES WITH YOU POST

Since when did applying realism and common sense to the state and situation of a football club become akin to fighting in World War I

lol

You’re more miserable than me you! 

3 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

So we are in a bad situation and your solution is to let players leave for free/less than their value?  How will that help?

1) If we can get a small fee for Borner, SWFC get some much-needed revenue into the club’s coffers.

2) Get rid of an out-of-form, older player that (understandably) doesn’t want to be here next season.

3) We brought Borner to SWFC on a free transfer, is it so bad if he leaves on a free?

4) Use the cash saved, that would’ve gone towards Borner’s salary, to recruit a replacement squad member.

5) A back four of Palmer, Dunkley, Hutchinson, & Iorfa is fine for next season.  It’s our midfield and attack that is non-existent.

The club is an absolutely desperate situation because of years of mismanagement by DC.

There are no ‘good’ solutions right now.  The best solutions we can hope for are those in the ‘not so bad’ category.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Exactly mate. DC needs to get this paid now. This is not the time to be a stubborn idiot.

Difficult to change the habits of a lifetime!

5 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

When you get to my age (I know I’m an old git) you realise that other things in your life are more important than which division Wednesday will be playing in next season. 

You'd be right in many respects, yet..
Everyone's different and I think the reason people are so afraid right now is that the clubs existence is at stake.
Many people are not used to situations that take you out of control, ( pandemic ) , so they hold onto what is ( uses term lightly in our regard ha ha )  " normal "

The club and it's history are ingrained in our culture, many of us from a young formative age, myself from the age of four. So it's importance cannot be reduced, nor can it be likened to love ones or family. It's social effect is all pervasive and almost tribal.

People are seeing the tribe, ( as such ) being destroyed in front of their very eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby

For cash flow, buying clubs will legalise late.

Let Owls fund during Summer. They have to, or bye,bye.

Edited by Hornsby

8 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Agree with this

After the shock and disappointment of relegation happening wears off and the new fixtures and kit and new signings happen all is forgiven, we are in a new division and a new adventure and we still have our club 

And hopefully we can win more games too!!

Owlstalk Shop

On 23/06/2021 at 21:38, Maddogbob said:

It's not an issue with his ability mate, it's the fact he's not been paid and regardless of ability, WE as a club took him on and agreed to pay him.

We haven't paid him and he's fully justified in his stance.

Yes agree of course,my reply wasnt about Borners stance,but a comment admin made....I despair at the state of the Club we all love....

I know roughly zero about football contracts but I have negotiated large contracts in other sectors and in every one there has been a force majeure clause 

Does anyone know if football contracts would contain similar?

By the way this isn't an excuse for non-payment/reduced payments but trying to understand about the ramifications of the pandemic in football generally