Hannover's Julian Borner comments

47 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Can’t blame him.

Not being paid properly by his current employer. 

Has the right to walk away for nothing and we somehow have the cheek to ask for a fee. 

Doesn’t he only have the right to walk away if he takes the steps to terminate his contract? If he hasn’t done that we are entitled to ask for a fee.

He may not have taken the steps to terminate his contract because, if he does, he’s writing off the last year of his contract. He may be trying to get Wednesday to pay the difference between his wages here and the lower wages he’s agreed to in Germany ( for the first year of any contract he signs). I don’t think he can ask us to do that if he terminates his contract with us. 

The above may be a load of rubbish but I’m pretty certain that’s how it can work in some instances.

46 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's been the worry all along, hasn't it?

As soon as a player presses the button on the wages issue, we're in line for another points deduction.

Given that, it's unbelievable that Chansiri would try to play hardball in a situation like this.

Given Clueless 's track record I'm afraid it's all too believable. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

"Lads haven’t been paid in 4 months"  To quote you, is not  the same as The lads haven't been paid on time in 4 months.

Still not good but don't stretch the tale ! 

We owed 12m in back wages only a few weeks ago .

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

And that ladies and gentlemen is a points deduction incoming, if channers fails to pay his wages.

Which, could have been totally avoided, if he'd just paid his his bloody wages.

Yep, it only takes one player to start proceedings. 

4 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

he’s writing off the last year of his contract.

I doubt that very much.

There's no way that an employee would be left out of pocket if they leave an employer who isn't paying them.

No way in football or employment law.

11 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

"Lads haven’t been paid in 4 months"  To quote you, is not  the same as The lads haven't been paid on time in 4 months.

Still not good but don't stretch the tale ! 

Oh that makes it all the more better than doesn’t it.

Feck me. The Chansiri lovers are really getting boring now. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I doubt that very much.

There's no way that an employee would be left out of pocket if they leave an employer who isn't paying them.

No way in football or employment law.

I’m not exactly sure how it works to be honest but like I’d have thought that if Borner chose to terminate his contract, that’s his choice. Granted, the money he is owed to that date will be guaranteed (if not yet received) but I’d imagine he’s forgoing his right to the money beyond that point because he made the decision to terminate.

If he doesn’t terminate he’s entitled to the money in the last year of his contract. He may go months not getting his wages but ultimately we have to pay him at some stage. 

Just now, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

if Borner chose to terminate his contract, that’s his choice

It is choice, but it's called constructive dismissal, ie, he's left because of the employer, therefore the employer is to blame and the employer pays.

We can't carry on like this, trying to circumvent the laws and rules of this land.  If Wednesday aren't able to operate within the law then it's over.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manwë said:

It is choice, but it's called constructive dismissal, ie, he's left because of the employer, therefore the employer is to blame and the employer pays.

We can't carry on like this, trying to circumvent the laws and rules of this land.  If Wednesday aren't able to operate within the law then it's over.

Chansiri acts like a spoilt brat when it comes to rules. You saw it with the points deduction and appears he’s playing silly beggars now with wages and transfers. He thinks he’s above it all.

Any player who wants to leave should be allowed to leave considering the state we are in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri acts like a spoilt brat when it comes to rules. You saw it with the points deduction and appears he’s playing silly beggars now with wages and transfers. He thinks he’s above it all.

Any player who wants to leave should be allowed to leave considering the state we are in.

So we are in a bad situation and your solution is to let players leave for free/less than their value?  How will that help?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I’m not sure it does constitute constructive dismissal. Maybe it does, but this isn’t a SWFC thing - it’s a FIFA thing.

FIFA allow players to terminate contracts if they haven’t been paid for a period of time (can’t remember the details). If the player ends the contract I’m pretty certain that means they aren’t entitled to payments beyond the date they terminate. Everything before that date, yes, players are entitled to. 

What I’m suggesting is that Borner hasn’t terminated because he wants us to top up the lower wages he has agreed in Germany. He doesn’t want to take the financial hit himself. 

Anyway, I’m purely speculating so I may be totally off the mark.

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

So we are in a bad situation and your solution is to let players leave for free/less than their value?  How will that help?

We aren’t paying players. We need to get players off the wage bill. Players who actively want to leave should be moved on immediately. 

Promotion is completely out the equation next year. We need to become solvent again and hope we can stay up by the skin of our teeth.

Some fans are in for a real rude awakening next year. I feel sorry for them. You included. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We aren’t paying players. We need to get players off the wage bill. Players who actively want to leave should be moved on immediately. 

Promotion is completely out the equation next year. We need to become solvent again and hope we can stay up by the skin of our teeth.

Some fans are in for a real rude awakening next year. I feel sorry for them. You included. 

fizz me, I’m glad I’m not in the trenches with you, the white flag would be up before breakfast. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I’m not sure it does constitute constructive dismissal. Maybe it does, but this isn’t a SWFC thing - it’s a FIFA thing.

FIFA allow players to terminate contracts if they haven’t been paid for a period of time (can’t remember the details). If the player ends the contract I’m pretty certain that means they aren’t entitled to payments beyond the date they terminate. Everything before that date, yes, players are entitled to. 

What I’m suggesting is that Borner hasn’t terminated because he wants us to top up the lower wages he has agreed in Germany. He doesn’t want to take the financial hit himself. 

Anyway, I’m purely speculating so I may be totally off the mark.

Both are applicable I'm sure.  FIFA/FA would allow said player to register with another club in such a situation, so they are not punished by a club who may claim to still holds the registration. 

Employment and contract law would be a matter for the courts, and I wouldn't put money on Wednesday winning any case..

4 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

fizz me, I’m glad I’m not in the trenches with you, the white flag would be up before breakfast. 

WAHEY WE GOT A I’M GLAD I’M NOT IN THE TRENCHES WITH YOU POST

Since when did applying realism and common sense to the state and situation of a football club become akin to fighting in World War I

lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

WAHEY WE GOT A I’M GLAD I’M NOT IN THE TRENCHES WITH YOU POST

Since when did applying realism and common sense to the state and situation of a football club become akin to fighting in World War I

lol

Realism? Exaggerating the situation to strengthen your argument is realism now? Don’t make me laugh. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Realism? Exaggerating the situation to strengthen your argument is realism now? Don’t make me laugh. 

What’s exaggeration about players not being paid? What’s exaggeration about the fact the club is under a transfer embargo and needs to sell?

Confused. It’s as if everything is rosy down at S6.

• Like 2