Furlough

I thought if clubs get players to go on Furlough that the players still get full wages?

£2,500 I think of top of my head paid for by the Government (Taxpayers really) and rest topped up to full wages by the club.

I thought I read that was agreement come to by the EFL & players union.

Players cant train or any warm up games though while on furlough.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I thought if clubs get players to go on Furlough that the players still get full wages?

£2,500 I think of top of my head paid for by the Government (Taxpayers really) and rest topped up to full wages by the club.

I thought I read that was agreement come to by the EFL & players union.

Players cant train or any warm up games though while on furlough.

who police's that bit?

39 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I'm sure our club staff have had their wages made up by the chairman if you know different say so

The time has come to stop trying to convince people that Chansiri is amazing and has done nothing wrong mate 

You’re literally just trolling yourself now 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

we all know what a car crash owner chansiri is. most of our problems have been what we did 3-4 years plus ago not today . if we had dave richards here still etc or lee straford no money would be paid by the owner and we would be forced to go out of business . i seriously dont know how clubs will cope with contracts to be paid despite no money or very little money coming in.  its either full crowds by start of season or i just cant see season starting in league 1/2 and even a few clubs in championship will be insolvent. 

Guest Hornsby
52 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I'm sure our club staff have had their wages made up by the chairman if you know different say so

But not their refunds. Like fans.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Surely there won’t be the same sort of uproar amongst the local media that we saw when it was suggested as a possibility for us? 🤔

Why?  Have Rotherham not paid their players for months either?  Is the Rotherham owner chilling in his pool on the other side of the world with his phone switched off?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1867Heaven said:

Rotherham have asked players to go on furlough, their owner is liked by their fans and are seen as a well ran club.....

Does anyone else think this is outrageous that clubs are working the system; I think clubs should work with players if they cannot be paid and possibly re-structure contracts. 

Not get the government to chip in to pay millionaires. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If Rotherham had furloughed players and were still training I am sure they couldn't keep it quiet.

Would be a very big PR disaster for the club ripping off tax payers.

true it being more difficult, but i know people who are furloughed and still working.

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Maybe not shafted financially - yet - but shafted by our owner generally ruining the foundations of a traditional football club.

Bad times may be coming to them financially as well, since it's quite certain we will downsize the operations.

It's amazing how much goodwill an owner can build up when he

a) doesn't rip off supporters

b) doesn't get a points deduction due to his own utter incompetence

c) actually fronts up from time to time and talks to them like grownups

Edited by Sheff74

Guest LondonOwl313

Season finished over a month ago and pre season starts probably in about 3 weeks.

Surely if you’re going on furlough it happens the day after the last game and ends the first day of pre season. What’s the point in doing it now