Furlough

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The time has come to stop trying to convince people that Chansiri is amazing and has done nothing wrong mate 

You’re literally just trolling yourself now 

Just stating a fact from someone I know personally not bothered about chansiri

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Does anyone else think this is outrageous that clubs are working the system; I think clubs should work with players if they cannot be paid and possibly re-structure contracts. 

Not get the government to chip in to pay millionaires. 

i agree but what furlough has done is pay some very wealthy people /companies very large sums ,its very wrong that some of us have worked every day this past 16 months while huge companies and millionaires have received large sums in companies what have done well . everything is totally unsustainable and im not sure how much longer we can grow money off trees while certain sectors face total ruin . im not quite sure what bojo will say tomorrow but unless there are 100% assurances that a delay is all it is and the date is fixed , at swfc its like the club has completely shut down or are they waiting for tomorrows news then deciding whether to close the club down or start opening up for business and start selling season tickets and renewing the 20/21 to 21/22 this process cannot be done without those assurances and actual people coming back from furlough as im sure the process will take a few weeks to sort. 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If Rotherham had furloughed players and were still training I am sure they couldn't keep it quiet.

Would be a very big PR disaster for the club ripping off tax payers.

Tbh any club who furloughs their players is ripping off tax payers anyway. The purpose of the scheme is to pay people and keep them in jobs when otherwise they would lose their jobs because of the pandemic as the employer would be forced to make redundancies.

Football players aren’t going to be made redundant and ordinarily at this time of year they’re on holiday anyway so not working. Totally inappropriate for them to be furloughed. It’s a loophole the government should close.

How will this furlough work. The players are supposed to be back for preseason in a couple of weeks, that's work isn't it?  If they are working they can't be on furlough.

Having a preseason training on your own seems a bit risky.

Am I missing something?

On 13/06/2021 at 12:33, LondonOwl313 said:

Tbh any club who furloughs their players is ripping off tax payers anyway. The purpose of the scheme is to pay people and keep them in jobs when otherwise they would lose their jobs because of the pandemic as the employer would be forced to make redundancies.

Football players aren’t going to be made redundant and ordinarily at this time of year they’re on holiday anyway so not working. Totally inappropriate for them to be furloughed. It’s a loophole the government should close.

Exactly this. Furlough is part of the Job Retention Scheme. It’s a scheme to retain jobs. Not get clubs out of paying some of a players wages when they are on a scheduled summer break! 

On 13/06/2021 at 12:04, Sheff74 said:

It's amazing how much goodwill an owner can build up when he

a) doesn't rip off supporters

b) doesn't get a points deduction due to his own utter incompetence

c) actually fronts up from time to time and talks to them like grownups

a) in what way?

b)if you mean due to investing too much money ,you are correct

c) never heard him although seems a good bloke to have as an owner if youre not too bothered about building a successful club

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, pioowl said:

a) in what way?

b)if you mean due to investing too much money ,you are correct

c) never heard him although seems a good bloke to have as an owner if youre not too bothered about building a successful club

Good grief :duntmatter:

a) erm..ticket prices, hospitality prices

b) no I mean his failure to complete a critical transaction in time, despite the EFL bending over backwards to help him do it

c) Rotherham might not be classed as successful when compared to others, but Stewart hasn't decimated their finances and has achieved a few promotions in his tenure. Let's see how many promotions we get under this bloke   :Chansiri:    before he is finished with us.

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 1

On 13/06/2021 at 08:49, FinnishOwl said:

But I guess their fans, players or staff have not already been shafted many times by the said owner?

Rotherham must have Furloughed some of its players and coaching staff during the first lockdown. It received £404K in Furlough Grants in the first 3 months of lockdown.

The ground was funded to the tune of £5m from the Rotherham Council Tax payers but is owned by the Directors rather than the Club. The Directors Company makes a tidy profit by leasing the ground to the club.

Guest Therealrealist
On 13/06/2021 at 12:21, bladeshater said:

Just stating a fact from someone I know personally not bothered about chansiri

You are..you posted on here he’s ‘the best chairman we have ever had’...