Which Youngster

Guest wilyfox

I was looking forward to seeing Adedoyin break through before injury struck, but he’s declared himself ready for pre-season so he’s one I look out for.

Galvin has potential, and Waldock is becoming a bit of a midfield all-rounder having added a few goals to his game for the u23s.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I was looking forward to seeing Adedoyin break through before injury struck, but he’s declared himself ready for pre-season so he’s one I look out for.

Galvin has potential, and Waldock is becoming a bit of a midfield all-rounder having added a few goals to his game for the u23s.

Yeah I was the same regarding Adedoyin and think he may have a bit of power and directness to his play. I think due to the lack of numbers we will probably have in the initial squad that 2 or 3 will be getting regular game-time. Whether they are good enough still remains to be seen. I think Dele-Bashiru may find League One a bit more to his liking too to cut his professional teeth in.

• Like 1

First, We will need to completely change our approach in dealing with youngsters. If We continue to treat them as we did than no one will make a step up.

In my opinion Liam Waldock shows enough to make a first team spot his own. He works hard, he is good on the ball likes a tackle and can get you a goal.

Both Hagan and Adedoyin got physical qualities to make it in League One.

Still I'm most excited about U-16's captain Rio Shipston and Bailey Cadamarteri  who both seem as genuine prospects.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Watching Adedoyin play U-23 football I would question his application when ball is not at his feet. Still, he is type of player who can cause opposition players even when he is having a bad day. Combination of power, pace and ball control he displayed at U-23 level shows lot of potential.

My guess would be Galvin or Brennan will have the most impact and involvement out of those? Last season I had big hopes for FDB, Shaw and Urhoghide. I was disappointed with FDB, hopefully FDB and Adedoyin kick on this season. It feels disheartening to lose the likes of Shaw and Urhoghide for very little, when they looked promising to me. 

• Like 1

From what I've read and the little I've seen, Liam Waldock would be the one I'd say is most ready to take the step up to first team level.

I haven't ruled out Alex Hunt either, it could be if Bannan goes there are more opportunities for him to stake a claim and L1 might be a good level for him to develop.

• Like 2

Waldock could be starting games regularly next season. Really good player IMO.

If Hagan stays and stays fit I think he could Be involved and I think Brennan will get game time as one of our 4 ch’s.

Will be very interesting to see if Alex Bonnigton continues to impress for the under 23s coming up from the 18s, if he does with our current plight he may get a quicker chance in the first team.

Adedoyin and Dele I’ve not been impressed with to be honest and Hunt won’t play enough while Bannan

is here, if Bannan stays Hunt HAS to go Out on loan.

• Like 1