Which Youngster

3 hours ago, Cubana said:

.......for Player/Manager role.

Worry not. Chansiri's got this. 🙏

Careful, all the Lemmings are running towards the cliff edge just at the thought of it!

• Haha 1

With Borner and Urgohide looking like they’re heading for the exit door, Brennan is going to get an opportunity. I still think Hutchinson’s a likely candidate for the 2 defensive midfielders than centre back so even more of a chance for Brennan to develop.

Galvin will start next season as our first choice left-back so it’ll be interesting to see how he does?

I think Hagan will do well if he stays but Andre Green may be a standout player in League 1. We certainly need him to be.

• Like 1

I think FDB will be the one to stake a claim next season.

Really think he has the raw attributes to push on, just needs game time now.

I also get the impression he’s the type who needs a bit more time spent with him, arm round the shoulder and direction in regards to confidence and direction.

Brennan is very solid at CB and did well in cup games against League One sides. Honestly, would not be bothered if he started 20+ games this year. Would be tying him down to a new longer deal this summer.

Dele-Bashiru is very raw but his power is nearly unmatched in the squad so would expect to see him make more games than last year.

Have a sneaky feeling Josh Dawodu may break through this year given our lack of full-backs. Can easily see Palmer starting left-back with him on the right in some games.

Guest Smackavolley
51 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Brennan is very solid at CB and did well in cup games against League One sides. Honestly, would not be bothered if he started 20+ games this year. Would be tying him down to a new longer deal this summer.

Dele-Bashiru is very raw but his power is nearly unmatched in the squad so would expect to see him make more games than last year.

Have a sneaky feeling Josh Dawodu may break through this year given our lack of full-backs. Can easily see Palmer starting left-back with him on the right in some games.

Looking at the current make up of the U23 squad I think Dawodu will be play right side of a three and Farmer will play RWB. Even if the sign the lad from Southampton the U23’s will still be low on numbers at the back. They could drop Thompson in there but he looks too small to me. Dawodu has hardly played any games due to injury,  in the last two years but I like him too.

Heard good things about Hagan when he regained fitness at the end of last season. He has exceptional pace and that gets you far in the modern game.

All the 1st year pros should get a decent run in the U23’s but I can’t see any bursting through this year. 

Waldock, Brennan and Galvin to push forward. Fingers crossed Hunt’s been eating 3 Weetabix every morning because there is a very good player in there.

Dele will be in the 1st team squad full stop and Adedoyin is highly thought of. Bit I’ve heard about him and few clips I’ve seen, tell me he is talented but too greedy. He sorts that out and he’ll get an opportunity.

If fit, you would think all these lads, including the new pros will get some game time pre-season. Some might step up and surprise. It’s clear we won’t have brought much in before the season starts.

Edited by Smackavolley

Don’t know much about any of them but as the squad stands and if we are to play 4231 we have a need for CM, LB Striker and back up wide players. So I’m hopeful Waldock, Galvin, Hagen and Adeboyu take their chances if called upon. Depending if we shift a CB or if they stay crocked Brennen I’m sure is more than capable of stepping in.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, malek said:

First, We will need to completely change our approach in dealing with youngsters. If We continue to treat them as we did than no one will make a step up.

In my opinion Liam Waldock shows enough to make a first team spot his own. He works hard, he is good on the ball likes a tackle and can get you a goal.

Both Hagan and Adedoyin got physical qualities to make it in League One.

Still I'm most excited about U-16's captain Rio Shipston and Bailey Cadamarteri  who both seem as genuine prospects.

Agree about LW....

14 hours ago, El Toro said:

Which of the following youngsters in the squad do you think will make an impression on the first team next season?

Korede Adedoyin

Ciaran Brennan

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

Ryan Galvin

Charles Hagan (if he renews)

Alex Hunt

Liam Waldock

I would look to young Hagan from what I've seen.

14 hours ago, El Toro said:

Which of the following youngsters in the squad do you think will make an impression on the first team next season?

Korede Adedoyin

Ciaran Brennan

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

Ryan Galvin

Charles Hagan (if he renews)

Alex Hunt

Liam Waldock

None 

6 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

I think FDB will be the one to stake a claim next season.

Really think he has the raw attributes to push on, just needs game time now.

I also get the impression he’s the type who needs a bit more time spent with him, arm round the shoulder and direction in regards to confidence and direction.

Not sure Frank Dr Boer fits the young and hungry description... good player though

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smackavolley said:

Looking at the current make up of the U23 squad I think Dawodu will be play right side of a three and Farmer will play RWB. Even if the sign the lad from Southampton the U23’s will still be low on numbers at the back. They could drop Thompson in there but he looks too small to me. Dawodu has hardly played any games due to injury,  in the last two years but I like him too.

Heard good things about Hagan when he regained fitness at the end of last season. He has exceptional pace and that gets you far in the modern game.

All the 1st year pros should get a decent run in the U23’s but I can’t see any bursting through this year. 

Waldock, Brennan and Galvin to push forward. Fingers crossed Hunt’s been eating 3 Weetabix every morning because there is a very good player in there.

Dele will be in the 1st team squad full stop and Adedoyin is highly thought of. Bit I’ve heard about him and few clips I’ve seen, tell me he is talented but too greedy. He sorts that out and he’ll get an opportunity.

If fit, you would think all these lads, including the new pros will get some game time pre-season. Some might step up and surprise. It’s clear we won’t have brought much in before the season starts.

Can't agree more with those last sentiments, if there's one thing Dc is exceptional at its a lack of urgency weather its trying to do everything at the very last second as with transfers or being late with the accounts and stadium sale. Hence why in thinking we'll be starting the season with bazza, Hutch and a team of kids from the u23's.