Euro 2021

Still thinking Italy or France will win it. Not exactly Nostradamus,  but it's true isn't it?

Denmark are a story in the making, how far it will take them I don't know.

I would genuinely  say England will be punching if they get through the last 16 round, though ditching Rice for Henderson at HT seem to be improve us, as did starting Saka and Grealish and I expect Southgate to carry on with that. 

Germany..they are just going to get stronger aren't they? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Fancy us to do Germany if we get them. Not because they are weak in any way but because we are due it. 

We've been saying that for how long? 

The only time we've beat them in a major tournament in my lifetime (not counting the 5-1 qualifier) was in 2000 and that's probably the worst German team ever.

Will take something special for us to see off any of those big teams from that group. If we do it, then it might be time to get excited.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

One goal, one point. Don't even need to tak the high road home.

Shambles of a footballing nation. 

Waits for the small population get out clause; one word, Wales.

Away an wark.

An even better word, Croatia. Population 4 million

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Fancy us to do Germany if we get them. Not because they are weak in any way but because we are due it. 

i keep thinking this 

4 hours ago, 442 said:

We get through the round of 16 we're favorites.

we have the easier run if we can make it to the quarters, guess there is some benefit to finishing top

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

We've been saying that for how long? 

The only time we've beat them in a major tournament in my lifetime (not counting the 5-1 qualifier) was in 2000 and that's probably the worst German team ever.

Will take something special for us to see off any of those big teams from that group. If we do it, then it might be time to get excited.

in 2000? i have no memory of this.. maybe we aren't exactly due it then.

i think we will get Portugal and scrape through, just.

17 minutes ago, Taz said:

i keep thinking this 

we have the easier run if we can make it to the quarters, guess there is some benefit to finishing top

We beat them in the group. I believe this is when they went out in the group stage and they completely reformed their approach to youth production based on it as was unacceptable for them

30 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yep - and we both went out in the group stages, Portugal and Romania going through.

Shocker of a tournament under Keegan.

Perhaps worth keeping in mind we've tried pretty much all options for the England gig and very few have done all that much; from world class managers like Capello to fan favs like Keegan.

We've now got the FA yes man in Southgate. Tbf, his track record in these tournaments so far is better than most.

59 minutes ago, Taz said:

i keep thinking this 

Was a Shearer header I think

1 hour ago, Taz said:

i keep thinking this 

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps worth keeping in mind we've tried pretty much all options for the England gig and very few have done all that much; from world class managers like Capello to fan favs like Keegan.

We've now got the FA yes man in Southgate. Tbf, his track record in these tournaments so far is better than most.

Just been looking back at this tournament and we had a good team, although maybe the good players were young, Beckham, Scholes, Neville, Owen etc. But Wise was a prominent player in this tournament? Wow!

Also looked at qualification and we scraped in. Only got to the playoff because Poland didn't get a point in their last game against Sweden who were already guaranteed top spot. Keegan really did have a mare

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

But even Capello was a bit passed his best was he not? (this is from memory so may well be wrong). At least in terms of style of play? 

When did we last have an elite manager that was still at their peak? 

From memory Sven had won the scudetto with Lazio the season before? That's the closest to the above description.