Euro 2021

Just now, whatevertrevor said:

Yep good call. I was going for a conversation mate, not stating Hagi was the one and only 😂.

Was Zlatan as good as Hagi? I feel like Hagi is a top 20 all time player.

I know haha sorry was on my phone and the emoticons are fiddly.

I only have a child's memory of an ageing Hagi so can't say. I think Zlatan will have more honours though 

2 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Waddle!

Yeh it's a difficult question because it's what constitutes to whether that team could have won or not. Imagine if Belgium don't win this competition we may look in 20 and say De Bruyne but right now we know Belgium are capable of winning a competition rather than the secondary European nation they usually are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I know haha sorry was on my phone and the emoticons are fiddly.

I only have a child's memory of an ageing Hagi so can't say. I think Zlatan will have more honours though 

Yeh it's a difficult question because it's what constitutes to whether that team could have won or not. Imagine if Belgium don't win this competition we may look in 20 and say De Bruyne but right now we know Belgium are capable of winning a competition rather than the secondary European nation they usually are. 

Correct, because a rare talent can elevate a team for a period to be contenders surrounded by decent players. 

1 minute ago, whatevertrevor said:

Correct, because a rare talent can elevate a team for a period to be contenders surrounded by decent players. 

yeh and this is Poland's problem, they don't seem to be able to get Lewandowski involved in the game very much so he is unable to carry them.

When he dropped a bit deeper today that is the best I've seen them play. 

20 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Last season we signed Callum Paterson.

I reckon this guy could be our Scottish recruit this summer with the way things are going behind the scenes!