Euro 2021

25 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I always knew Abdi wasn't gonna be any good because he only had something like 7 caps for the Swiss. 

Ah, so international caps are now the metric of whether a Championship player is going to turn out good or not. 

Might explain our recent downturn...

24 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Camera men still finding the beautiful women in the crowd as per all tournaments. Sort of set in stone isn’t it. 

To be fair, England also have their fair share. 

image.jpeg.2f9933926253d7d2a72182c88b84603d.jpeg

Edited by M Royds
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I like Italy a lot, but don’t think they’d hurt France enough to beat them. 
I think a few teams are hoping that someone else deals with France for them.

I'd fancy Italy to run them close or nick it.

Germany caused them a couple of problems and i think Italy would be more clinical.

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Ah, so international caps are now the metric of whether a Championship player is going to turn out good or not. 

Might explain our recent downturn...

based on how he was being discussed you would expect a higher level of caps from a player in an average international team.

championship is a higher level of football than most European leagues especially 5 years ago

Italy looked quality again. France looked decent too. If the path is there for those 2 to meet in the final then we're going to have to beat one of em if we're to get there. 

I'm going full on giddy mode I reckon. I'm bored with being circumspect and cautious in case we lose and I get let down. I do it with Wednesday and we lose anyway. Still doesn't hurt any less. I'm gonna go down in a blaze of glory this time, shiiiit or bust, go big or go home, better to die a hero than on your knees type stuff. I'm gonna enjoy the ride and I'm not gonna fear anyone. Bring em on, we can do em. We've got a young squad who are confident and fearless. Channel Terry Butcher in his blood soaked bandages. Caged tigers. Let's have em.  Its coming home and we're all gonna welcome it back with open arms. 

Who's with me? All you have to lose is your dignity and self respect, and I've been posting on here long enough to know that most of us lost that years ago. Come on. 

IMG-20210614-WA0000.jpg

• Haha 2

On 12/06/2021 at 11:47, Owls-Fan said:

Wales are dark horses for me,  a front 4 of Moore, Bale, James and Ramsey can give any defence a tough time when they’re at top form.  And they have the solid pros like Davies and Allen, and a couple of very good youngsters in Rodon and Nico Williams. 

They probably need a draw today and a win against Turkey to get out the group which is achievable.  

Wales got the results I outlined here and are still looking alright to me.  I see some on here don’t rate them but I still reckon other teams won’t want to come up against some of Wales’ attacking players in the knock out stages.  We shall see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Italy looked quality again. France looked decent too. If the path is there for those 2 to meet in the final then we're going to have to beat one of em if we're to get there. 

I'm going full on giddy mode I reckon. I'm bored with being circumspect and cautious in case we lose and I get let down. I do it with Wednesday and we lose anyway. Still doesn't hurt any less. I'm gonna go down in a blaze of glory this time, shiiiit or bust, go big or go home, better to die a hero than on your knees type stuff. I'm gonna enjoy the ride and I'm not gonna fear anyone. Bring em on, we can do em. We've got a young squad who are confident and fearless. Channel Terry Butcher in his blood soaked bandages. Caged tigers. Let's have em.  Its coming home and we're all gonna welcome it back with open arms. 

Who's with me? All you have to lose is your dignity and self respect, and I've been posting on here long enough to know that most of us lost that years ago. Come on. 

IMG-20210614-WA0000.jpg

I'm with you! Come on you trio of oversized felines, for queen and country!

1-0 Scotland tomorrow.

IMG-20210509-WA0003.jpg.c0966aa02fb10fc0f113a5a34b0e3eb6.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

based on how he was being discussed you would expect a higher level of caps from a player in an average international team.

championship is a higher level of football than most European leagues especially 5 years ago

Abdi was one of the best players in the Champ 5 years ago...

2 hours ago, thommowl said:

Italy's last 29 internationals

Won 25 drawn 4 lost 0

F 80 A 7

Italy's last 10 international games 

Won 10 

F 31  A 0

Look at who they’ve played in that time… the only ‘top’ teams they’ve played since the 2018 World Cup are Portgual (L1 D1) and the Netherlands (W1 D1).

Still, you can only beat what’s in front of you, and they’re doing it well. Most enjoyable team to watch so far, think they’ll be there or thereabouts along with France and Portugal