Euro 2021

38 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Some horrific scene on video. There’s even videos of people drinking and openly sniffing coke. For those that may be interested, taking coke and alcohol together causes the liver to produce an enzyme called ‘cocaethylene’ which can have a devastating impact on the self and the others around them.   If people insist on using, only use one or the other. 

We’re a nation that large swathes of the population feel a sense of self entitlement to do what we want with consequences not even given a second thought. The war time rhetoric is regularly cranked up as well as a nation that throws all its inhibitions in the bin when drinking as much ‘as you can’ mode. 

Where does that come from?

Saying that, we have more good, decent people, in this country, who help those disenfranchised and left behind, whether it’s the NHS, charity and the ordinary fella just trying to help. 

People drink and do cocaine all the time without anything like that going on.

people should have a right to get us smashed as they like, without being blamed for the actions of a never ending hooligan problem in this country. 

out of all the stupid stuff from yesterday, a few lads snorting heavily cut cocaine is the least of my worries.

45 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Some horrific scene on video. There’s even videos of people drinking and openly sniffing coke. For those that may be interested, taking coke and alcohol together causes the liver to produce an enzyme called ‘cocaethylene’ which can have a devastating impact on the self and the others around them.   If people insist on using, only use one or the other. 

We’re a nation that large swathes of the population feel a sense of self entitlement to do what we want with consequences not even given a second thought. The war time rhetoric is regularly cranked up as well as a nation that throws all its inhibitions in the bin when drinking as much ‘as you can’ mode. 

Where does that come from?

You know exactly where it comes from

The cheap sloganeering, us and "them", the deliberate misrepresenting of a regular anti-racism act - the atrocious levels of behaviour from those "leading" the country.

Social media is currently an absolute stain on humanity and I'm torn between the outrage of SM companies just letting it happen and the thought that is better they are out in the open for all to see. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, scram said:

You know exactly where it comes from

The cheap sloganeering, us and "them", the deliberate misrepresenting of a regular anti-racism act - the atrocious levels of behaviour from those "leading" the country.

Social media is currently an absolute stain on humanity and I'm torn between the outrage of SM companies just letting it happen and the thought that is better they are out in the open for all to see. 

Well when you have a Home Sec and PM saying it’s ok to boo taking the knee. Why are we surprised when members of the public think it’s ok to be racist online?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

I agree, but a lot of fans don't accept that. Look at how our fans vilified Jordan Rhodes.

When you lose the fans will always blame:

the people who missed 

the people who didn’t take one

It’s just all nonsense really

They are all elite level players capable of scoring a penalty

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well when you have a Home Sec and PM saying it’s ok to boo taking the knee. Why are we surprised when members of the public think it’s ok to be racist online?

Or when tory grandees are even alarmed at what this govt are unleashing then...

Grealish wanted to take one apparently

wtf went on last night ffs

a better selection, rashford hitting g the target and someone smashing it down the middle and today we’re trophy winners 

ugh

i hate football 

between England and Wednesday idk why I bother

It’s about time Social Media companies where held criminally responsible for the abuse sent online.

People should have to prove identity when signing up. If an offence is committed form that account, the social media companies should then pass the information on to the authorities. Failure to do so should see the social media company liable for the abuse sent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taz said:

People drink and do cocaine all the time without anything like that going

Everybody who drink drive aren’t necessarily going to end up being involved in an RTA but still doesn’t make right. 

Coke is illegal. Mix coke with alcohol and you have POTENTIALLY an unhealthy and dangerous consequence, not just for the user but the people round him. Each drug amplifiers the other. If people have to use, better they use one or the other. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/cocaine-and-alcohol#alcohol-effects

Edited by M Royds

15 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The fact there’s a video of a guy snorting coke with everyone clapping and cheering just shows how backwards part of our culture is 

What a lad.

The laddiest of all the lads.

King of Lads.

Might not be such a lad if he drops dead of a heart attack at 40 due to excessive coke consumption.

• Like 1

Personally I don’t see the value of dwelling on the penalties. A penalty shootout is what it is. I have some thoughts on the takers and some of those awful run ups that I hate.. but it’s still a penalty shootout. 

Our mistakes were made in the 90 and then across the full 120. A negative approach, slow to change the game, poor and confusing changes. It just wasn’t enough, we didn’t play on the front foot and we ultimately got what we deserved. 

I’m just absolutely dumbfounded that we left so much youth, energy and direct attacking talent on the bench instead of letting them test an ageing Italian defence. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Taz said:

Grealish wanted to take one apparently

wtf went on last night ffs

a better selection, rashford hitting g the target and someone smashing it down the middle and today we’re trophy winners 

ugh

i hate football 

between England and Wednesday idk why I bother

Southgate made his decision based on who performed best in penalty practice.

Really disagree with that thought process. Slotting home a pen in training is so much more different to doing it a Euros Final. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Taz said:

it just seems obvious to me that walker, grealish and shaw and stones all could most likely score a pen.

Henderson as well. Taken off for a Rashford + Sancho. Henderson strikes me as a bull by the horns kinda guy. He’d have rifled one in IMO.

6 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Henderson as well. Taken off for a Rashford + Sancho. Henderson strikes me as a bull by the horns kinda guy. He’d have rifled one in IMO.

Henderson probably wouldn't have been confident after missing 2 out of his last 2 for England.