Euro 2021

215157666_4416903955043708_2815223463229417271_n.jpg.ef2a370d19eab75900986603ce1a496e.jpg

Having the balls to step to the plate, with all the world looking on, with the weight and expectation on them young shoulders.

With 55 years of building pressure. 

That's courage. 

That's 3 Lions right there.

Anyone who cant see that, can do one.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

They deserve support and backing, not the vile racist abuse they've had since last night.

Three lads had the courage to step up and take a pen when the stakes were high

If you abuse anyone on social media you're not an England fan and we don't want you

Harry Kane

• Love 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Was far too much pressure on the shoulders of Saka.

He's only a kid and him been charged with converting the 5th pen was asking too much.

It’s impossible for me to say because I don’t know enough about the lads personality. For example would I have let a 19yr old Gazza take the 5th pen? Yes.

I felt that Southgate got very little wrong in the tournament, and I love him as a man and what he represents. I want him to stay, but I feel that he’s going to have to find a way to just get a little better in the crunch.

If I’m being generous maybe all of the pieces aren’t quite there yet? I like Phillips but I just wonder if he has the speed of thought to get it done at that rarified level. 

im guessing this is one of the reasons that Bellingham is being fast tracked?

Also, hi everyone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

It’s impossible for me to say because I don’t know enough about the lads personality. For example would I have let a 19yr old Gazza take the 5th pen? Yes.

Statistically young players are less effected by pressure in sports, I think someone did some research into it.

Just now, flo said:

Statistically young players are less effected by pressure in sports, I think someone did some research into it.

Agree. If it were all about experience you’d have Henderson taking one.

Who knows.

This is a raw one. I love all of these kids, I’m more upset for them than anything else. At least when we used to lose I could look at John Terry’s ugly mush, and it would cheer me up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Taz said:

People drink and do cocaine all the time without anything like that going on.

people should have a right to get us smashed as they like, without being blamed for the actions of a never ending hooligan problem in this country. 

out of all the stupid stuff from yesterday, a few lads snorting heavily cut cocaine is the least of my worries.

It’s all a bit embarrassing though isn’t it. The eyes of the world are on us and we just look like a bunch of deranged bell ends, charging around with our arses on fire. Magaluf transported to Central London 

A lad I know from here went to Rome and says it was amazing, because “all the fans knew how to behave in someone else’s country”

• Like 4

That's what it's like isn't it: the Brits abroad mentality.

Something about England which really brings out the knobheads. I've been to enough away matches and two play off finals and yes, there are people drinking a bit too much, but I can rarely recall it spilling over into that sort of thing. Of course it does happen and we all know that every club has its idiots, but England seems to go to a whole new level.

From the jubilation of Wednesday night to a feeling of embarrassment today. Completely ruined the tournament for me tbh. Our players deserved so much better than what they got from some of those who were meant to support them.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Something about England which really brings out the knobheads. I've been to enough away matches and two play off finals and yes, there are people drinking a bit too much, but I can rarely recall it spilling over into that sort of thing. Of course it does happen and we all know that every club has its idiots, but England seems to go to a whole new level.

From the jubilation of Wednesday night to a feeling of embarrassment today. Completely ruined the tournament for me tbh. Our players deserved so much better than what they got from some of those who were meant to support them.

I got sent a succession of bizarre and disturbing videos (mostly from brownlad) of people being hung upside worth there old chap out etc. what’s going on there? Very 70s rugby club type behavior 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Think much of it is owed to the way the media whip people up into an at times thinly veiled jingoistic frenzy. Sends people loopy. 

• Like 1

Can we please stop going on about twitter as if the problem of racism would magically disappear if twitter ceased to exist or if controls were more stringent. It isn't a problem confined to social media. Admittedly it does give some kind of outlet to the dregs of society but it would still be there, they'd find some other way to spread their hate.

I don't post many personal things on here but this has really got to me over the last couple of days. As I'm sure it has with many.

My niece (8) and nephew (12) are mixed race. Neither have shown much interest in football at all until this tournament, probably because their friends at school are into it, they are playing in the playground pretending to be their favourite England player etc, as we all did.

I was chuffed to bits when I found out that they were both getting into it because I've always believed that sport is great for kids. It can give a focus, help develop bonds and show how people from any background can come together. And my niece has always been more into 'girly' stuff like Disney, dresses and all that so I thought it was great that she could also see that women could get into football. My nephew has always been a bit more academic and shy so getting into football has helped him mix a bitter better with his school pals.

They are the sweetest, most thoughtful kids i've ever met. They never ask for anything. My niece made an England shirt at school, basically just a white tshirt with a red cross painted on  I wanted to encourage their new interest in football so I bought them their first football shirts, the new England kit. One of the main reasons as to why I was glad to do it was that I am really proud of this current team for their off field stuff and the diversity of the team. 

They were over the moon with their kits, the look on their face was brilliant to see. They both wore them throughout the match and before when they had a little kick about in the garden. Fast forward to after the match they are both gutted about the result obviously. But it's another reason as to why sport is great for kids in my opinion. It shows that in life you don't always get the result you want but you have the chance to go again.

Fast forward one day later they are waking up to news that people are being racially abused. It's all over the news and they are asking what it was all about and why is it happening, are they going to be picked on. More so my nephew who is older and see's it more. It was devastating to hear. He has also had nightmares. It just sickens me that it is even a thing in this day and age. 

I had thought of taking them to their first football match when we are back at home. But I don't know if I want to. Not because I think that our fans would racially abuse them. But I hope that the taking of the knee continues. But I do not want to have to explain to them why some fans are booing it.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, markg said:

Can we please stop going on about twitter as if the problem of racism would magically disappear if twitter ceased to exist or if controls were more stringent. It isn't a problem confined to social media. Admittedly it does give some kind of outlet to the dregs of society but it would still be there, they'd find some other way to spread their hate.

I don't post many personal things on here but this has really got to me over the last couple of days. As I'm sure it has with many.

My niece (8) and nephew (12) are mixed race. Neither have shown much interest in football at all until this tournament, probably because their friends at school are into it, they are playing in the playground pretending to be their favourite England player etc, as we all did.

I was chuffed to bits when I found out that they were both getting into it because I've always believed that sport is great for kids. It can give a focus, help develop bonds and show how people from any background can come together. And my niece has always been more into 'girly' stuff like Disney, dresses and all that so I thought it was great that she could also see that women could get into football. My nephew has always been a bit more academic and shy so getting into football has helped him mix a bitter better with his school pals.

They are the sweetest, most thoughtful kids i've ever met. They never ask for anything. My niece made an England shirt at school, basically just a white tshirt with a red cross painted on  I wanted to encourage their new interest in football so I bought them their first football shirts, the new England kit. One of the main reasons as to why I was glad to do it was that I am really proud of this current team for their off field stuff and the diversity of the team. 

They were over the moon with their kits, the look on their face was brilliant to see. They both wore them throughout the match and before when they had a little kick about in the garden. Fast forward to after the match they are both gutted about the result obviously. But it's another reason as to why sport is great for kids in my opinion. It shows that in life you don't always get the result you want but you have the chance to go again.

Fast forward one day later they are waking up to news that people are being racially abused. It's all over the news and they are asking what it was all about and why is it happening, are they going to be picked on. More so my nephew who is older and see's it more. It was devastating to hear. He has also had nightmares. It just sickens me that it is even a thing in this day and age. 

I had thought of taking them to their first football match when we are back at home. But I don't know if I want to. Not because I think that our fans would racially abuse them. But I hope that the taking of the knee continues. But I do not want to have to explain to them why some fans are booing it.

Nobody is saying racism would disappear. Unfortunately we live in a sick society where people find it acceptable to do obscene things.

Racism, terrorism, paedophilia, woman beaters, the list goes on. These people will always exist.

The problem with social media is it allows an anonymous platform for these sicko’s to flourish. Putting traceable controls in place would allow these people to be held to account. 

There’s far more that needs to be done, we can’t just accept the fact that these people exist and, punish them accordingly. As a society we have a responsibility to people like your niece and nephew, to do whatever we can to stop and, educate these people who find it acceptable to hand out such vile abuse. How we do that? I really don’t know. It’s an up hill battle when a social media giant in Instagram refuses to see a monkey emoji directed towards a black male, as racist. It’s a sad state of affairs, I really wish I knew the answer.