Scouting Network

1 minute ago, Flashowl said:

Do we actually have one?? You see clubs finding these hidden gems and paying peanuts for them, yet I don't recall us doing this. I might be wrong, so happy to be told otherwise.

Nope. Domt think you are wrong

• Like 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
19 minutes ago, Flashowl said:

Do we actually have one?? You see clubs finding these hidden gems and paying peanuts for them, yet I don't recall us doing this. I might be wrong, so happy to be told otherwise.

Yes, it’s called Att’s Instagram account.

We often had a scout watching games in Portugal.  Along with scouts for Man Utd, arsenal,  Bayern etc.  Which is a bit like me going to an auction at Christie’s with a £5 note and coming away empty handed. “No luck again today boss, will go back next week and try again. I’ll need the same room at the Savoy please”.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Our scouts seem to be mainly in Wigan, Cardiff and Derby. As for the latter I seriously doubt it would have been harder to acquire players worse than Butterfield and Marriott by simply picking out two names from a list of players released by clubs in L1and L2.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Flashowl said:

You are not wrong 

I can see paxo and Dc bringing in a bunch of freebies. Most of which as usaul won't be what we need or suited to DM's (going to have to stop doing that, it sidetracks me thinking Danger mouse) style and formation. 

Moore will then be ringing round his mates asking if anyone's got any good under 23s he can loan capable of playing his style and in league 1.

How many players have we signed under Dc that Havnt contributed or in some cases kicked a ball for us.?? 

Wasn't there something about our lack of scouts when Megson signed as  manager? IIRC at the time, we had one. Again IIRC that was the same number of exercise bikes we had in the gym. 

The sad truth is in the past the club has been so badly run it's ridiculous.

• Like 1

Who needs Scouts when Chansiri jnr has Football Manager? 

Only problem is that his version is 2009 and all the teenage players he thinks are brilliant are now over 30.

Edited by A47Owl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3