Scouting Network

6 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Thought there 2 scouts brought in by Bruce ?? Not sure if they are still around.

I'm not sure if they actually go and watch any games. Most of our recruitment has been based on outdated Football Manager databases and Rothmans Football Yearbook. The 2010 edition.

We can have as many scouts as we want, refer all the players across the country, if Piaxo doesn’t benefit from the deal then the players name wouldn’t even get to the chairman. 

the recruitment team from junior through to senior level is horrendous at the club anyway. 

from the very top, to the bottom, and I mean down to the academy coaches need to go. 

the club is rotten to the core 

Do we have a scouting network?

Do we have a scout?

Do we even know a boy scout?

I always thout it was the chansiri family with a list of players, a dark room and a pin.

On 14/05/2021 at 09:35, Blatter said:

Must be the worst job on the Wednesday payroll. 

Boss I’ve found a real gem, going to be a free agent this Summer. Only one problem.

His agent says he wants to be paid every month!!!

Or hes in his mid 30s had a bloody awful injury but we can see potential in him.

Guest Hornsby
On 14/05/2021 at 09:04, Flashowl said:

Do we actually have one?? You see clubs finding these hidden gems and paying peanuts for them, yet I don't recall us doing this. I might be wrong, so happy to be told otherwise.

Yep. Stops at Wisewood.

I think of all the players we've bought, only Iorfa is worth more than we paid for him. And that includes the free transfers. 

Hopefully this is something we are trying to change, there's really good value in the market this year. I've got 0 confidence we'll get it right. Darren Moore needs to be given a budget for the year and be allowed to spend it without interference. 

1 hour ago, MrEdwards said:

I think of all the players we've bought, only Iorfa is worth more than we paid for him. And that includes the free transfers. 

Hopefully this is something we are trying to change, there's really good value in the market this year. I've got 0 confidence we'll get it right. Darren Moore needs to be given a budget for the year and be allowed to spend it without interference. 

If Windass goes, I would expect more than the 500K we paid for him TBF.

Think once Bruce jumped ship all structure went out of the door. 

He brought in his recruitment team to scout for his needs and was on record as saying if Paxio comes up with a name that BRUCE thinks will benefit us he'll have a look.

Im guessing all that went south when he left and DC Paxio basically give names to scouts who do there due diligence and then we do whatever we want.

Our last transfer window amounted to signing 2 players.

One was a player on a free transfer who had been out of contract for 6 months and we had considered signing last summer.

The other was a player who played for us for around 7 years and we had deemed surplus to requirements a few months earlier.

Our scouting network knows now boundaries.  

8 hours ago, MrEdwards said:

Joao is the only one we have made decent money on. Crazy to think we have signed someone like that, got goals and games out of him and then sold him for a decent profit including a sell on fee only to then go the opposite direction and just exclusively sign crap over the hill plodders or rejects from other clubs and players that cant get other championship deals so have to play in obscure leagues abroad.