Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RedDragonOwl said:

‘Rudderless and not fit for purpose’ – how Dejphon Chansiri’s Sheffield Wednesday reign turned toxic

 

 

Brilliant article 

shows now why everything has gone to pot 

by the sound of that we will be in league one for a long time if not battling relegation again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Carvalhal told The Athletic in an interview in 2019: “The second season, we signed players that were not (even) my third option or fourth option, it was players that the advisers proposed. Sometimes we had to decide in the last two days of the transfer window to sign the players. It was really very hard, it is why the club made mistakes.

 

“I accept that I made mistakes because it was my responsibility but the reality was that everything was really very hard. There are the players a manager wants and then there is a list of players suggested by external advisers. In the end, a manager has to pick players from that list suggested by advisers, adapt to that and try what a manager knows best.”

 

Eyeopener for some that previously blamed Carlos for everything as well then it seems.......especially as he openly admits he made mistakes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Socialist_Owl said:

Spot on from Chris Turner, re soulless atmosphere at Hillsborough.  

 

Expensive boxes and course meals sparsely attended, lmao.  What. A. Fiasco.

See I don’t get this, is it not better to make a little from the boxes rather than overprice and make nothing at all.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

It's Championship Manager. But with real people.

 

We're f*cked when he gets fed up with it and throws it out of the window like I used to with the old floppy disks.

He will find out about girls soon and lose interest in his football club. There's got to be some hot young Thai girl willing to seduce him for the good of Sheffield Wednesday.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Carvalhal told The Athletic in an interview in 2019: “The second season, we signed players that were not (even) my third option or fourth option, it was players that the advisers proposed. Sometimes we had to decide in the last two days of the transfer window to sign the players. It was really very hard, it is why the club made mistakes.

 

“I accept that I made mistakes because it was my responsibility but the reality was that everything was really very hard. There are the players a manager wants and then there is a list of players suggested by external advisers. In the end, a manager has to pick players from that list suggested by advisers, adapt to that and try what a manager knows best.”

 

Also suggests the cuddly bear advisor - the only one of the current recruitment team that was around at that time, wasn't making the best decision for the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

If he was trying to run a big football club absolutely yes, it would be in a bucket of water.

Then again I wouldn’t be in that position in the first case because they wouldn’t get the opportunity until they were old and wise enough to be there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading this on today of all days angers and saddens me in equal amounts. We are loyal Wednesdayites that have given our total  devotion to Sheffield Wednesday from day one of our lifetimes journey with our Club. We have grown older and taken our children ,as our parents did with us, because that's what being Wednesday is,it's a family affair. We have photo albums stacked with memories of all things Sheffield Wednesday and Owls memerobilia adorn our houses. We keep old programmes,press cuttings,season tickets and more besides because we are Wednesday and that's what we do.

We live,breathe,eat and drink Sheffield Wednesday because we care about the one aspect of our lives that sometimes lifts the drudgery that can occur from time to time . We have autograph albums and bricks in the wall and we have stood on the roofless Kop in pouring rain. I could go on but their is little point because it won't change anything and we are in Division Three. I read that article about what has happened and is happening to our Club with some dismay.

I guess my point is that the present Owner doesn't have a single clue about who we are or why  Wednesday is our chosen way of life. We deserve better than this and so does the history of Sheffield Wednesday.

Thank you.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

See I don’t get this, is it not better to make a little from the boxes rather than overprice and make nothing at all.

Exactly.  How they can sit there and see these empty boxes and banquet halls and think this is the way to go?

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Also suggests the cuddly bear advisor - the only one of the current recruitment team that was around at that time, wasn't making the best decision for the club.

 

 

The advisor thing is still really cloudy


Produces a list of players he recommends, so gets criticised by Carlvalhal

But everyone else thinks he's very skilled and capable and professional


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had heard the stuff about a prospective manager having to give Att Chansiri a presentation on his football philosophy during his interview. That came directly from the family of a current player. If you were the manager involved, you would run a mile wouldnt you?

 

All in all its a damning indictment on the wilfully flawed & disfunctional Chansiri regime and you wonder how long its going to be before we hit rock bottom.

 

In my view its going to go one of two ways, either he is going to eventually learn his lesson and find people to run the club properly or he is going to carry on with the same phuckwittery and eventually run out of money causing us to go into admin.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

The involvement of Chansiri's son does not bode well, as to me that points to the desire to setup a family legacy with the club.

 

I didn't think Chansiri was going to sell anytime soon before this article.

 

After this article, I get the impression that it's not going to be sold in his lifetime.

He's playing championship manager, but unfortunately it's with a real club

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To summarise for anyone who can't be bothered to read the whole article, at every level Chansiri has ballsed up. His son also got involved in transfer targets and recruitment of managers.

 

Darren Moore's contract includes next season, Stuffing Man is a well respected nice guy in football who has to put up with a lot from Chansiri. Stuffing man and a recruitment team of two people brought in by Bruce whose names I've never heard of, select player targets but can be overruled by Chansiri's own picks.

 

Difficult to get hold of the Chairman, everything usually goes through Stuffing Man.

 

Chansiri gets one on one with players, acting like a big brother rather than the man at the top to be feared. Likes to keep hold of players. 

 

Pays no attention to pressure. Carlos hired with backing from his son.

 

It's a shame Att doesn't appear to have heard of Ollie.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Brilliant article 

shows now why everything has gone to pot 

by the sound of that we will be in league one for a long time if not battling relegation again. 

Honestly, looking forward to the eventual administration

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

I don't think he is - I think he's as frustrated and fed up as we are

The article has literally just told you this and how well respected and skilled he is

 

 

Other parts of the article suggest not.

If he is highly regarded in the industry and well skilled then surely he would be able to get a job working for an owner & club that don't leave him baffled and fighting battles he can't win? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

One lad tracked Chansiri down in a hotel and demanded he was allowed to leave...

 

Who we reckon?

 

Joao. 

You cant pretty much count on one hand the players that have left before the end of their contract in Chansiri's 6 years. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

The advisor thing is still really cloudy


Produces a list of players he recommends, so gets criticised by Carlvalhal

But everyone else thinks he's very skilled and capable and professional

 

So capable and well respected and professional that he continues to work for a club that frustrates him and doesn't allow him to do his job to the best of his ability? 

 

Strange that he hasn't been snapped up by a more professional outfit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I had heard the stuff about a prospective manager having to give Att Chansiri a presentation on his football philosophy during his interview. That came directly from the family of a current player. If you were the manager involved, you would run a mile wouldnt you?

 

All in all its a damning indictment on the wilfully flawed & disfunctional Chansiri regime and you wonder how long its going to be before we hit rock bottom.

 

Yep, I've heard similar.

 

I don't think Pulis took kindly to Att telling him what to do, either.

 

:duntmatter:

 

It seems like a bad joke, but it's actually the way our club's being 'run' in 2021.

 

Those clinging to the hope that Chansiri is suddenly going to see the light and start running the club in a professional and competent manager are going to be sorely disappointed, I'm afraid.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...