PLEASE READ

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, like most things for me.

I suspected the family had more influence than we realised, so that's confirmed for me.

To answer why he would stick around, easy. Money. Why do any of us stick in a job we don't really like.

That doesn't make him a great guy and well respected though does it? To stick around in a position he feels is wasting his time because he is getting paid for it. Surely a well respected individual would get good money elsewhere AND job satisfaction.

I am not saying he is the main problem, that clearly comes from the top as Chansiri has the power to remove him, but I don't think he is doing all he can for SWFC, swimming against the tide. 

A scary article that I suspect paints a very clear picture of the way things really are?

He either needs to change the way he operates or sell the club? It’s that simple for me.

• Like 2

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

That doesn't make him a great guy and well respected though does it? To stick around in a position he feels is wasting his time because he is getting paid for it. Surely a well respected individual would get good money elsewhere AND job satisfaction.

I am not saying he is the main problem, that clearly comes from the top as Chansiri has the power to remove him, but I don't think he is doing all he can for SWFC, swimming against the tide. 

I'll agree in part mate, but life's not ideal.

You're lucky in life if you've got good money and a job you enjoy. Perhaps working under those conditions has limited his enthusiasm. Then youve got to ask why DC is persistent in his employment, because that's his fault for creating  that work environment and continuing it, if it's not working.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Several sources noted to The Athletic that Wednesday have a damaged reputation within the industry for the way they have handled player contracts, with one leading agent going as far as to say that the perception is the club signs “broken” players who go to Hillsborough in the hope of reviving their careers rather than it being a move driven by a desire to join. 

This is the worst bit. People in football talk and when it becomes 'known' what a shambles we are it makes everything difficult, especially recruitment. We either end up paying more than the going rate to land a player with wages or they choose another option if we are comparable.

• Like 2

Just now, Maddogbob said:

You're lucky in life if you've got good money and a job you enjoy. Perhaps working under those conditions has limited his enthusiasm. Then youve got to ask why DC is persistent in his employment, because that's his fault for creating  that work environment and continuing it, if it's not working.

Seems a big push to stand up for this bloke who has helped wreck the club ?  Any reason ? And why has any criticism of him on here been crushed so quickly ?

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Absolutely, I agree completely where the main blame rests. But if Paixao is that good, you really think he hasn't had any better offers to work for anyone else? Maybe he just isn't that good at his job, but is a decent guy who is well liked by staff within the club.

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Seems a big push to stand up for this bloke who has helped wreck the club ?  Any reason ? And why has any criticism of him on here been crushed so quickly ?

Why the paranoia?

Seriously log off, have a chilled evening. Come back an have a reasoned discussion at a later date.

That statement reads as a bit rabbit hole. It's actually quite concerning. I'm not going to debate things further with you for now.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Absolutely, I agree completely where the main blame rests. But if Paixao is that good, you really think he hasn't had any better offers to work for anyone else? Maybe he just isn't that good at his job, but is a decent guy who is well liked by staff within the club.

Yep, could be the case. Involved yes, but far far far from the 50/50 mega evil split that some think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Theboylangers said:

When everyone is shouting sack Moore (or any other manager), the players aren't good enough.

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST. 

MAJOR DECISIONS AFFECTING OUR CLUB ARE INFLUENCED BY A TEENAGER. 

Guardiola could be manager and it wouldn’t  make a difference

Pretty much any manager that comes in here will struggle big time unless there is stability, structure and clear direction from the top.

Bruce was the exception - the only one strong enough to cut through the chaos.

Really fear for us next season - it’s going to be very difficult.

15 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

You're joking right

The blokes been absolutely SLAUGHTERED on here for 5 years 

Owlstalk Shop