PLEASE READ

15 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

did the interview, I was chosen and, months later, I came to know that who had the last word on my hiring was… the son of the chairman, who would be 10 or 11 years old (laughs). He had seen some things on the internet, some press releases in Turkey and some games. The purest reality. The decision of a 10-year-old kid opened the door for my life’s challenge.

He should let him make all decisions 🙂

So is the article saying that we have an advisor, who isn't allowed to advise, who has no say in what happens at the club, but is quite happy to stay at the club and take the money week in week out?

if so i don't understand why he isn't part of the problem

• Like 1

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

Paixao's a useless lady part of the highest order

I honestly wouldn't know.

Clearly the club as a whole has been lurching from disaster to disaster, but ultimately that's down to Chansiri.

I know many on here paint Paixao as the root of our problems, but this article seems to suggest that he's as baffled by Chansiri's actions as the rest of us, and is dashing from pillar to post trying to meet the demands of his employer.

I take it you know different?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the third man said:

So is the article saying that we have an advisor, who isn't allowed to advise, who has no say in what happens at the club, but is quite happy to stay at the club and take the money week in week out?

if so i don't understand why he isn't part of the problem

If that is the case, what good would it do for him to resign? Chansiri will just employ a new advisor and give him the exact same remit.

I don't know, but it could be that Paixao is trying his level best within the framework Chansiri's created for him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In the process of recruiting new managers, The Athletic understands several candidates have been put off after reaching the interview stage, with one source stating that Chansiri has “no skill set” for recruitment.

During talks about the position, one prospective manager was surprised to learn that part of the reason he had landed the chance to chat to Chansiri was a result of his career being talked up by the chairman’s teenage son. Another claims to have had a phone conversation with the same son to discuss the prospect of taking the job after he called his father unexpectedly while the two men were talking.

To be fair I can understand that happening. DC interviewing a manager, Att phones his Dad, Dad tells him he's in an interview and to humour him asks the manager to have a few words. It's what dads do. Unprofessional maybe but I can see how it could happen. 

Other stuff in the article is mind blowing though.

3 minutes ago, the third man said:

If he's not allowed to advise he won't be getting money week in week out?

And if he IS so what? 

It's Chansiri's money so more fool him

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The impact of late wages to players is still significant, however, as one former Wednesday player recalls: “I know people sit there and say these players are earning thousands of pounds every week, but everything’s relative. They’ll have £1 million houses, because they can, and their mortgages will be high. So they still risk defaulting. There were five or six of us who were paid on time. Anyone paid over a certain level didn’t get paid on time. That affected people. It really did.

“I was walking into the training ground complex, through the car park and one of the staff members turned around to me and asked if I’d checked my bank account that morning, ‘Have you been paid?’ I checked and I had, but loads hadn’t. We were due to travel down to London for a game, so you had players that morning, a Friday, saying they weren’t going to travel until they were told what was going on with the money they were owed. It was a shambles.”

WOW

If anyone questions why the players didn’t seem 100%, imagine this was YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT as you were about to travel away from your wife and kids with work?

• Like 1

ive read it and nothing shocks me there , ive known certain things for a while. chansiri needs to sell if he cant finance a serious attempt to get promotion , what is the point of him sticking around if he either cant or wont? he needs to issue a statement in a few days telling us what are his plans and if he can afford to run a football club and if he has any plans to change ( all very doubtful)

Guest Hornsby

Clearly, Nancy well briefed by underperforming players.

The kid is managing club.

It is Lego and Fortnite in one go.

Dont give your dosh to these cliwns.

Chansiri ripping managers CV’s up because he didn’t think they were good yet he openly admits to knowing nothing about football. No wonder we are in a mess when a 12 year old is the chief advisor. Either sort yourself out and get a proper team in to run the club or do one Chansiri.

• Like 3

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Chansiri ripping managers CV’s up because he didn’t think they were good yet he openly admits to knowing nothing about football. No wonder we are in a mess when a 12 year old is the chief advisor. Either sort yourself out and get a proper team in to run the club or do one Chansiri.

Lets be honest, he just couldn't read em,