PLEASE READ

Thanks for posting.

The section on Paixao is particularly interesting, given his bogeyman status among many on here...

Since 2019, the recruitment team has been made up of David Downes and Dean Hughes, who were brought in by Bruce during his five-month reign. Paixao remains the only identifiable advisor and, like Downes and Hughes, has been described by industry sources as “well-linked” and “skilled”.

Sources have labelled Paixao, a former agent, “like a big teddy bear” and rate him highly, with others who have worked with the club saying that he is a “good guy” who works under considerable pressure. He fields calls from Chansiri into the early hours of the morning and has to pivot between transfer targets on the instructions of the owner based on financial decisions and the recommendations of the transfer committee.

Others describe Paixao as the go-between and a nice guy who understood the scale of the problems but was unlikely to push to change things or ruffle feathers given his position.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why? She writes like she has the scoop of the century and just has basic information in the end which is just a composite of previous articles. I paid a lot of money for this supposed brilliant journalism.

I didn’t know about the way the wage issues were dealt with. The contracts dealt with via WhatsApp.  A player having to track Chansiri down to a hotel to clinch a deal. Chansiri being rubbish at interviewing people. The influence of his teenage son. 

It’s also a useful summing up and pulling together of facts that show a major Sheffield institution is being run like a burger van. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Brilliant article. Loads of untold stories in there too.

The one about the players finding out on payday, the day they were travelling to an away game, that they’d not been paid is massively telling about the state of the club.

How one man thinks he can run the show from the other side of the world is staggering. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone needs to read THIS above

Maybe pin it? I’ll try to check back and read it later as it’s too much to read now. Snippets look interesting though.

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers

When everyone is shouting sack Moore (or any other manager), the players aren't good enough.

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST. 

MAJOR DECISIONS AFFECTING OUR CLUB ARE INFLUENCED BY A TEENAGER. 

The impact of late wages to players is still significant, however, as one former Wednesday player recalls: “I know people sit there and say these players are earning thousands of pounds every week, but everything’s relative.

They’ll have £1 million houses, because they can, and their mortgages will be high. So they still risk defaulting.

There were five or six of us who were paid on time. Anyone paid over a certain level didn’t get paid on time. That affected people. It really did.

“I was walking into the training ground complex, through the car park and one of the staff members turned around to me and asked if I’d checked my bank account that morning, ‘Have you been paid?’ I checked and I had, but loads hadn’t.

We were due to travel down to London for a game, so you had players that morning, a Friday, saying they weren’t going to travel until they were told what was going on with the money they were owed. It was a shambles.”

WOW

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Owlstalk Shop

another former player adds: “There were opportunities for some people to leave, but the chairman didn’t like people leaving. He made it difficult for them to leave. He’d move the goalposts last minute on a deal.

One lad who wanted to go had to track the chairman down in a hotel and ask to leave. He forced it through in the end.”

WOW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop