PLEASE READ

“I did the interview, I was chosen and, months later, I came to know that who had the last word on my hiring was… the son of the chairman, who would be 10 or 11 years old (laughs). He had seen some things on the internet, some press releases in Turkey and some games. The purest reality. The decision of a 10-year-old kid opened the door for my life’s challenge.

Carlos Carvalhal

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

When everyone is shouting sack Moore (or any other manager), the players aren't good enough.

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST. 

MAJOR DECISIONS AFFECTING OUR CLUB ARE INFLUENCED BY A TEENAGER. 

And Football Manager game. 

That’s told me nothing I didn’t guess or know beforehand but it does show what dire straits we are in with this fool at the helm. I am all too aware of the toxic regime which has poured through Hillsborough over the last few years and I can’t see it improving unless he leaves. 
It is a sad day I just hope Darren Moore is given the chance to bring his own players in or he may have his hands tied by the same old regime that provided us with Abdi, Emanualson and Butterfield FFS. Still, young Att may pick us a good player off FIFA 2021!

Edited by Arthur Bostrom's dog

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

“I did the interview, I was chosen and, months later, I came to know that who had the last word on my hiring was… the son of the chairman, who would be 10 or 11 years old (laughs). He had seen some things on the internet, some press releases in Turkey and some games. The purest reality. The decision of a 10-year-old kid opened the door for my life’s challenge.

Carlos Carvalhal

giphy.gif

This was reported a while back, and also ties in with something I was told re: Pulis' departure and Att's role as a 'football advisor'.

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This was reported a while back, and also ties in with something I was told re: Pulis' departure and Att's role as a 'football advisor'.

It's Championship Manager. But with real people.

We're f*cked when he gets fed up with it and throws it out of the window like I used to with the old floppy disks.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thanks for posting.

The section on Paixao is particularly interesting, given his bogeyman status among many on here...

Since 2019, the recruitment team has been made up of David Downes and Dean Hughes, who were brought in by Bruce during his five-month reign. Paixao remains the only identifiable advisor and, like Downes and Hughes, has been described by industry sources as “well-linked” and “skilled”.

Sources have labelled Paixao, a former agent, “like a big teddy bear” and rate him highly, with others who have worked with the club saying that he is a “good guy” who works under considerable pressure. He fields calls from Chansiri into the early hours of the morning and has to pivot between transfer targets on the instructions of the owner based on financial decisions and the recommendations of the transfer committee.

Others describe Paixao as the go-between and a nice guy who understood the scale of the problems but was unlikely to push to change things or ruffle feathers given his position.

Paixao's a useless lady part of the highest order

25 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Also, more of a sidenote, but interesting to hear about Paixao in a different light. Other than just a bogeymen for the fans. Seems that rather than a benign influence, he's just another baffled person unable to persuade the Chairman to put a proper business strategy in place.

That would suggest his influence is rather benign, though?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think he is - I think he's as frustrated and fed up as we are

The article has literally just told you this and how well respected and skilled he is

To remain in a senior role in any business however well respected he may be,  that allows a 10 year old boy [ a minor] to be making strategic decisions in that company?

Not having it...soz.

And there you have it. 

For everyone who says wages shouldn’t matter, you had players asking each other before an away game

if they’d been paid and threatening to not travel!!!!

Thats how this stuff matters.

Who do we reckon the ex player is? Says a player who earned under that certain amount, so I suspect someone like a Morgan Fox, not a big earner 

• Thanks 1