Scenes at Old Trafford today.. time to do something similar at Hillsborough?

Guest T Hardy

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I have no idea if this is going to make any difference and Man U and equally don’t know if it would make any difference here. But let’s face it, something has to be done. 
Ive said I’ll never stop going to matches because why should I let anyone stop me going to matches with my Dad. But to be honest Id do a one match boycott if it was a proper organised event with the right publicity. I’m not going to stand in the cold shouting for the afternoon and think it would be pointless but for god sake something has to happen!

Even 2000 POTG customers boycotting a match is a c£80,000 hit so won’t go un noticed!

POTG customers at S6 are just about an extinct species...

• Like 1

Myself and the other Sausage Cottage crew are in the process of organising this. Non - violent to begin with, however we want to club to know that we won't be afraid to use necessary force and have a number of highly trained fighters. 

Our next meeting will be at the Sausage Cottage on Tuesday at 4pm before a spot of dogging in the old Wednesdayite car park afterwards.

See you there. 

• Like 1

Would not support this kind of protest shown by the fans at Man United.  Peaceful , non violent protest can achieve results.  The most effective mechanism that non- premiership clubs have is to deny the club owners revenue.  Some inventive ways to do this might be a more productive discussion.

Guest Hornsby
9 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Any fan protest against DC, either inside or outside Hillsborough, just wouldn’t get anything like the same amount of publicity or media coverage that the Man Ure fans got today.

True, but if well organised and non violent, just  shows how a few courageous fans can cancel a game and get some power back.

Only direct action will bring about real change in footy, or at Owls, but it must be peaceful cos , apart from safety aspects, you lose PR war.

16 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Will be right be behind you as you climb over the wall.  Next Saturday?

Haha, brilliant. 

Can see it now, lets storm the pitch.................Ahh, poo. Who forgot we were playing away this week!!

It's the Wednesday way. 

lol

12 hours ago, Grandad said:

Fans who do organise any kind of dissent at Wednesday get absolute dogs abuse

Mostly from our fans

Absolutely.  Some of the fans were shamefully ignorant of the facts at that time and continue to be so now!

• Like 3

We sadly seem to have the most apathetic fan base in the country who believe that supporting the club must come before everything else, no matter how bad it may be behind the scenes.

Well, here’s the news. It’s Chansiri FC in all but name, so what’s the issue stopping folk?

It reminds me of people in the north sticking a cross next to Labour in every general election because they still think the party represents the same values the one their elders voted for 40 years ago. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, g-owls said:

We sadly seem to have the most apathetic fan base in the country who believe that supporting the club must come before everything else, no matter how bad it may be behind the scenes.

Well, here’s the news. It’s Chansiri FC in all but name, so what’s the issue stopping folk?

It reminds me of people in the north sticking a cross next to Labour in every general election because they still think the party represents the same values the one their elders voted for 40 years ago. 

Do something about it then, the crown is vacant , start getting organised.

Or are you to apathetic? 

8 minutes ago, g-owls said:

But even that stopped eventually didn’t it?

The trouble with football fandom though is it’s very different to politics. You don’t really stop loving your club just because they are rubbish, or badly run, or they rip you off etc. And it’s not like voting where there is different box to put an X in. You can’t ‘overthrow’ the leadership, you can’t vote them out. All you can do is maybe shout at the owner (which is hard because in our case he’s not even on the same continent) or stop going. Which is really the last thing you want to do because going to games is the best bit. 

What will actually happen, going back to your voting analogy, is eventually a generation will come along who will change their behaviour. And just stop supporting the club (or won’t even start). I think it’s already happening here and at at football in general. 

But as for what we can do to change things short term I am at a loss. Not necessarily because I’m apathetic. Just because I’ve thought about it and don’t see a realistic ‘out’ that I can materially affect. 

48 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Man Utd should be chucked out of the league for failing to control their fans. 

Thats no answer..The only viable answer is to immediately dock Rotherham and Derby 6 points...I honestly can't see any other option......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watching the Man U protest on the news. It’s very bad how out of had things got. Fighting with the cops and smashing things up really is unacceptable and of course takes all of the focus away from the massive and peaceful protest that the majority took part in. 
I do wonder what difference it can make. Like DC the ManU owners are on a different continent. Can’t see this will make them sell. But I’d bet they are thinking long and hard about what to do from here. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats no answer..The only viable answer is to immediately dock Rotherham and Derby 6 points...I honestly can't see any other option......

Knowing us, we’d still mess up and finish in the bottom three- better make it 9 to be on the safe side 

• Haha 2

I would like to see a massive Chansiri Out banner covering the Presto sign....two birds with one stone!

Attach a drone to each corner to get it up there? Failing this, send for the Milk Tray man...he probably needs the gigs.

39 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Just watching the Man U protest on the news. It’s very bad how out of had things got. Fighting with the cops and smashing things up really is unacceptable and of course takes all of the focus away from the massive and peaceful protest that the majority took part in. 
I do wonder what difference it can make. Like DC the ManU owners are on a different continent. Can’t see this will make them sell. But I’d bet they are thinking long and hard about what to do from here. 

Violence and destruction are of course not acceptable.  But I applaud the law abiding Man Utd fans for making the point, that they can stop games going ahead at their home ground in the future - if their owners persist with trying to break away from English football. 

Of course games could be played abroad instead,  but the fans can only do so much and at least they are trying something 

Said months ago that we should have protested - peacefully - in the car park during a Sky game but got shouted down. That lot across the city would be going ape if they had to put up with what we have - just think about it all,  cakeball, silence for the King of Thailand, ticket prices, no ST refunds, garbage on the pitch, financial fiddling, blah blah blah.

Perhaps we should stand at our front doors and have a mass tut before KO on Sat, or maybe a mass happy clap.

That’ll have DC quaking in his poolside flipflops.

• Like 1