Scenes at Old Trafford today.. time to do something similar at Hillsborough?

Guest T Hardy

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Minton said:

No, they just smashed up the hotel and slashed a copper's face...

Unfortunately you will often get an idiot or two that take it too far, yes, however ultimately it showed that the fans have the power to postpone a match if enough of them congregate, and that’s something that the owners will not like 

2 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Unfortunately you will often get an idiot or two that take it too far, yes, however ultimately it showed that the fans have the power to postpone a match if enough of them congregate, and that’s something that the owners will not like 

They postponed it because the 'fans' made it unsafe for the players, staff and TV crews. They were violent and out to cause trouble. I know few of the crew who were covering the game and this is the result:

Screenshot_20210503-232341_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-232425_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-232437_WhatsApp.jpg

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They could be the greatest person who has walked the face of the planet,  but that still doesn't mean that they aren't massively wrong. 

Are you saying that there is no protest on the off chance we upset someone who has supported the club long before I and others were born? Are they better fans because they've been around longer? 

Bit of a stretch too with the no better than those you protest against line. A real stretch. 

Confirms my view that, after my first match at Hillsborough in 1955, the club and its owner have the supporters it deserves. I am out. Farewell to the real Sheffield Wednesday. 

Guest T Hardy
Just now, Minton said:

They postponed it because the 'fans' made it unsafe for the players, staff and TV crews. They were violent and out to cause trouble. I know few of the crew who were covering the game and this is the result:

Regardless, it has sent a message to United’s owners. Like I said, unfortunately you do often get a few idiots who take protests too far, yes. But sadly, history often shows that those that sit around politely and quietly with banners don’t get noticed much. How much did a million marching in London against the Iraq war matter, vs thousands across the globe protesting the George Floyd killing, the latter has basically caused everyone to revise history and how we view many historical figures, and it wasn’t done because people were peaceful. 

I hope the people you know are alright. It’s awful when anyone gets caught up in these things.

10 minutes ago, Minton said:

lol a busted tripod. Oh the humanity! There were 10,000 fans at OT yesterday, of course you were going to get some idiots. I’m not condoning their behaviour and especially what happened to the copper. But some of the Helen Lovejoy responses are absurd and exactly why poo owners take root. 

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

No. Definitely not. Anything that man u fans have as a valid reason for being disgruntled is now over shadowed by the scenes at old Trafford. 

Time will tell. People aren’t going to forget that fans caused a game to be postponed and the Glazers will not like that 

13 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

Confirms my view that, after my first match at Hillsborough in 1955, the club and its owner have the supporters it deserves. I am out. Farewell to the real Sheffield Wednesday. 

Well, you can't be that great a fan if that led to you quitting. 

WTF. 

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

lol a busted tripod. Oh the humanity! There were 10,000 fans at OT yesterday, of course you were going to get some idiots. I’m not condoning their behaviour and especially what happened to the copper. But some of the Helen Lovejoy responses are absurd and exactly why poo owners take root. 

People say this to try and belittle every protest. “Some just turned up for the chaos” people say etc. And whilst it is true, it doesn’t change what the purpose of the protest is.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, you can't be that great a fan if that led to you quitting. 

WTF. 

Exactly. Wish I could just say I had enough and stop supporting Wednesday. Surely most fans are always going to support their team. They might stop attending. He never been a supporter of swfc if he can just walk away. He just went to a football match 

We don't need to vandalise to make a point. Just Bin the Premier league and their new initiative. They have the FA and the EFL in their pockets and their wallets.

We want any initiatives to be fan lead with a majority places on the ruling body. The ruling body being The Football Association.

With the Premier league, EFL and lower leagues playing a subordinate role.

We the fans are the life blood of the game and we the fans will ensure fair play and a level playing field.

Sweep the Game of Football Clean ! The Government promised a fan lead revolution of the game; Let's do all we can to Deliver !

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We don't need to vandalise to make a point. Just Bin the Premier league and their new initiative. They have the FA and the EFL in their pockets and their wallets.

We want any initiatives to be fan lead with a majority places on the ruling body. The ruling body being The Football Association.

With the Premier league, EFL and lower leagues playing a subordinate role.

We the fans are the life blood of the game and we the fans will ensure fair play and a level playing field.

Sweep the Game of Football Clean ! The Government promised a fan lead revolution of the game; Let's do all we can to Deliver !

Germany apparently has a rule that majority ownership must be fan based. Would this work here 

5 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Fact is that regardless of riots or peaceful protests. Nothing will change at man u until someone else will buy the club from the glaziers. If that happens it will have nothing to do with any protests or feelings from the fans 

I never understand fans like yourself. Why are you so eager to talk down other groups of fans from standing up to these parasite owners? If Man Utd fans get every home game abandoned for the next 6 months you don’t think that will have had an impact on anything? 

Every fan base in the country should be applauding what happened yesterday because it showed us that in numbers it’s the supporters who make this game work or not. 

Just now, owls maniac said:

I never understand fans like yourself. Why are you so eager to talk down other groups of fans from standing up to these parasite owners? If Man Utd fans get every home game abandoned for the next 6 months you don’t think that will have had an impact on anything? 

Every fan base in the country should be applauding what happened yesterday because it showed us that in numbers it’s the supporters who make this game work or not. 

No. You are totally wrong. I not standing up for the glaziers in anyway at all. I hate the way money has ruined the game. 

What I don't agree with is protests that are dangerous and violent. People get hurt or even killed and football is not worth any loss of life. 

The media has the control on the spin from any new worthy event. Now the message that the protesters wanted to make will be just a small mention in the news compared to the all the other things that happened 

It's not just the owners. It's the players, the agents, managers, coaches and anyone associated with professional football has become greedy and the game has suffered badly. Better games can be watched at amateur level now. Sky who where the most vocal of the esl are the worst offenders and have helped make the game what it is at the moment 

7 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Germany apparently has a rule that majority ownership must be fan based. Would this work here 

No. Because most Wednesday supporters, when we were owned by fans, wanted a rich sugar daddy to own the club. There were ways to have avoided this but the majority didn’t want to know. In fact many on this site made it clear they seriously disliked local shareholders. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

No. Because most Wednesday supporters, when we were owned by fans, wanted a rich sugar daddy to own the club. There were ways to have avoided this but the majority didn’t want to know. In fact many on this site made it clear they seriously disliked local shareholders. 

Yes I remember. Look where it has got us. 

• Like 1