Scenes at Old Trafford today.. time to do something similar at Hillsborough?

Guest T Hardy

19 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I don’t think anyone condones that... I can’t think of a protest that hasn’t gotten out of control or had an element of doing so. 

As Carragher said - there will always be idiots

It’s not really the fault of the protesters as a whole that some amongst them committed criminal acts.  

You don’t go for guilty by association then? You know, that bit where those present create that extra bit of hysterical bravado where someone gets seriously hurt or loses their life as a result? Sadly, it seems, those present are part of the problem.

I think you have to consider that there will be idiots ( as you suggest) in such a setting well in advance of falling into the trap of becoming an idiot yourself.

That is the problem of peaceful protest. It’s all ok until some idiot turns up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elderly Owl said:

You don’t go for guilty by association then? You know, that bit where those present create that extra bit of hysterical bravado where someone gets seriously hurt or loses their life as a result? Sadly, it seems, those present are part of the problem.

I think you have to consider that there will be idiots ( as you suggest) in such a setting well in advance of falling into the trap of becoming an idiot yourself.

That is the problem of peaceful protest. It’s all ok until some idiot turns up.

Sadly the problem of peaceful protests is that they don't work. United fans have been trying for years to get rid of the Glaziers, soon as the protests turn violent, the media coverage is massive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

So...we having a protest or are we going to just keep moaning about the fact we still haven't had a protest?

My money is on keep moaning on here and Twitter.

Edited by Maddogbob

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

... keep moaning I think.

Just now, Maddogbob said:

My money is on keep moaning on here and Twitter.

Not sure we will get the same level of coverage as the Man U fans.

*Sheffield Wednesday fans moan about lack of protest on social media*

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Not sure we will get the same level of coverage as the Man U fans.

*Sheffield Wednesday fans moan about lack of protest on social media*

lol

The ground could be on fire and some people would say perhaps calling the fire service, would be a hasty option.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Haha 1

I think we need a definitive poll on here come relegation being confirmed.  

A vote to say if you want Chansiri to put the club up for sale immediately, yes or no.  

Completely anonymous and fair. 
(Though really the ones voting no should be told to walk through Sheffield wearing a pigs shirt, as that’s clearly what they are.) 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

A vote to say if you want Chansiri to put the club up for sale immediately, yes or no.  

(Though really the ones voting no should be told to walk through Sheffield wearing a pigs shirt, as that’s clearly what they are.) 

Tbh it's not if he should, its more of a case of is he willing, also we have zero idea of his interest/intention.

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Tbh it's not if he should, its more of a case of is he willing, also we have zero idea of his interest/intention.

No the point is making it clear to him that the fans want him out, whether he wants to stay or not. As he clearly still thinks it’s a minority that don’t want him here 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

I think you are being harsh on Mr C

s42ggnIKIqg8.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 1

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

No the point is making it clear to him that the fans want him out, whether he wants to stay or not. As he clearly still thinks it’s a minority that don’t want him here 

And do you think he would care? It's his toy to do with as he wishes.

Your not wrong. The idea is a good one, I just don't think it'll have a major bearing on his viewpoint.

4 hours ago, Elderly Owl said:

You don’t go for guilty by association then? You know, that bit where those present create that extra bit of hysterical bravado where someone gets seriously hurt or loses their life as a result?

Not really no. 

If someone goes down there with the intention of shouting “Chansiri out!” For 90 minutes straight, and someone else (some numpty) turns up and throws a rock at the police - who’s fault is it ?

I go to away games where I shout for Wednesday to win ... I’m not responsible for someone else getting arrested for throwing a seat or when the muppets do coke in the toilets. 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

So...we having a protest or are we going to just keep moaning about the fact we still haven't had a protest?

Ive been on a hunger strike since lunchtime, starving now just hope DC has noticed.

9 hours ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Said months ago that we should have protested - peacefully - in the car park during a Sky game but got shouted down.

Possibly after Pulis was sacked.

I thought that was the final (final) straw of ridiculousness. 

I’m up for any protests the stronger the better for me but be aware there will be many fans against this there are still a lot of fans that are still in the be careful what you wish for camp and will not get behind it 

3 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I’m up for any protests the stronger the better for me but be aware there will be many fans against this there are still a lot of fans that are still in the be careful what you wish for camp and will not get behind it 

Yeah, but bo11ocks to them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1