Darren Moore and the two muppets

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No we didn't. That doesn't mean we would have been any better under Thompson. The tide had turned, the performances against Stoke, an out-of-form Brentford and Birmingham were dire, the capitulation against Luton a farce. 

Results collapsed under him

20 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Said this numerous times

Thompson has made every manager this season look a right mug 

A bad run and panic stations set in 

Thompson would have kept us up or at least fighting 

Moore has made us worse and I didn't think that was possible after pulis and monk 

If DC does fire Moore do you think he should give the job to Thompson then? Or look elsewhere?

17 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

He hasn't tho.

VVank before

VVank now

We are basically the same

Basically the same because the team has no conviction about winning..the players can see how few goals this team can score. And you, the new management made things worse by loading on the players a new system overnight and playing out from the back. 

And cannot understand Rhodes not starting every match given the shortage of strikers. He is the kind who can play poorly but still take  chances and score. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I've defended Moore at times but can't offer any defence for that today.

Harris on the left is a clear no no.

Reach playing behind him didn't work.

Paterson as a wing-back offered zero.

To leave it as it was at half-time when we were awful first half was poor.

To make just one attacking change and not change the way we were playing was just as bad.

Limping out of the Championship.

We ought not to be playing a wing backs system as it is a very demanding position and we have nobody who can play wing back. It leads to weakness in attack and in defence

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

If DC does fire Moore do you think he should give the job to Thompson then? Or look elsewhere?

Look elsewhere 

But if I had the power to go back in time knowing what I've seen now 

And had to pick between Thompson and Moore for the rest of the season I'd pick Thompson 

• Like 1

Just now, victorturner said:

We ought not to be playing a wing backs system as it is a very demanding position and we have nobody who can play wing back. It leads to weakness in attack and in defence

Agreed.

Been saying for weeks that I hope to see the back of this system. Playing wing-backs when we have not players suitable for it and a manager who doesn't normally play it just shows how unbalanced our squad is.

I'm a big fan of Moore and the style he will want to implement (when 4-2-3-1 and not limited by the dogturd Monk recruitment that was hell-bent on playing that system all season and nothing else), but today is the first day my belief has been shaken.

Paterson at RWB, Harris forward, no Rhodes... it's a no from me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Anybody think Moore has taken us backwards?

Its not like relegation was a done deal when he came. There was time and lesser opposition to spring a new manager bounce. We never had one with either Moore or pulis. 

Not sure if he’s the right man for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. 

That second half was a whimper. We needed a tiger in the tank.  

I honestly don’t know. We had a brief purple patch under Thompson but that faded. We saw our best performance of the year by miles under Moore’s team (Cardiff obviously). The big job to be done is rebuilding the squad. I assumed Moore was here to do that job more than keep us up. I’ve thought we looked like relegation fodder all year. I fear not having a manager at all in the crucial close season. Maybe we should just have stuck with Thompson though for what good has come of the change. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Anybody think Moore has taken us backwards?

Its not like relegation was a done deal when he came. There was time and lesser opposition to spring a new manager bounce. We never had one with either Moore or pulis. 

Not sure if he’s the right man for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. 

That second half was a whimper. We needed a tiger in the tank.  

We were probably better in the second half than the first

• Thanks 1

Waiting for the experts to pile in but you can see a method in the way Moore wants us to play. We’re certainly playing with more structure in our play but the quality available for Moore to use just isn’t there.

I think he would prefer to go 4321 but the players aren’t here to do this. We don’t have a mobile target man. We don’t have genuine pace in the side apart from Harris and Green and maybe Windass. As for Harris it doesn’t make much difference as his end product is shocking.

Also with the exception of Hutchinson the defensive players aren’t comfortable in possession so in truth for Moore’s style of play to be productive he needs a complete change in personnel.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Basically the same because the team has no conviction about winning..the players can see how few goals this team can score. And you, the new management made things worse by loading on the players a new system overnight and playing out from the back. 

And cannot understand Rhodes not starting every match given the shortage of strikers. He is the kind who can play poorly but still take  chances and score. 

Yup the team, what four managers (?) and everyone of them has struggled to get anything out of. Idk why everyone thinks Moore can make a miracle happen.

He totally got it wrong today, agree Rhodes should start but like it's the same pi$$ poor effort as always from the majority of clowns

not fit to wear the shirt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, victorturner said:

What would you play? Whatever formation you choose there are glaring weaknesses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Waiting for the experts to pile in but you can see a method in the way Moore wants us to play. We’re certainly playing with more structure in our play but the quality available for Moore to use just isn’t there.

I think he would prefer to go 4321 but the players aren’t here to do this. We don’t have a mobile target man. We don’t have genuine pace in the side apart from Harris and Green and maybe Windass. As for Harris it doesn’t make much difference as his end product is shocking.

Also with the exception of Hutchinson the defensive players aren’t comfortable in possession so in truth for Moore’s style of play to be productive he needs a complete change in personnel.

Do you think playing Paterson at right-wing-back today had a positive effect?

Do you think having Harris on the left when he can barely kick the ball with his left foot was a good move?

We aren't going down because of Darren Moore but plenty of what we did tactically today was questionable. 

1 hour ago, gbear05 said:

Useless chairman, useless squad, what do you expect him to do? They’re all out of contract so why would they be bothered? 

Chansiri has put Moore on Ready, Steady Cook and asked him to make a meal from a dog turd, pot of ********, jar of snot and an old leaf

Ready-Steady-Cook-3.jpgflat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg  

• Haha 1

Been in the bottom 3 all season.

4 managers.

Manager now out with a serious illness.

Started the season on minus points.

Half the team out of contract at the end of the season.

Nobody can get a tune out of the players.

Blame the manager who has been here all of a couple of months.

People genuinely believe we have a good team just waiting to be unlocked to their true potential don't they? I don't know how to break it to you, but we don't. We have a really bad team who have next to no incentive to bust a guy and potentially injure themselves and not get a club next year. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1