Darren Moore and the two muppets

I know Smith is Moore's assistant but to me it'd have made more sense having Thompson giving the orders given he's got the best record this season.

Smith definitely doesnt look like someone who likes being the top man, which is fine, until you put him there for the most important games of the season.

11 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Nearly spat my drink out when the commentators referred to Kachunga as a ‘positive option off the bench’ 

The same useless commentators who keep tugging each other over a few worldies Reach scored 3-4 years ago 

Yes players who can change games like Kachunga my exact words “I am as big a threat as Kachunga. I can get caught offside and fall over too”

Im amazed how bad he has been for us.

Think it is very harsh criticising the management, when numerous others have had a go at trying to get this lot fired up.

We've seen it all season, lacklustre performances and lack of quality

We should have never started the season with Monk 

The January transfer window was huge, and that has cost us

Whoever came in after that, with these players, a lot of them out of contract, was always going to struggle 

The players don't care. How can they be motivated?

The set up probably wasn't right, but with Lees out, he obviously thought he had to put Patterson RB and Palmer CB, as he may not trust the others (which says a lot)

1 sub is poor, but who was he going to bring on, Kachunga? 

Group isn't good enough, and not applying themselves 100%. No manager would succeed with these

Thankful that a lot of them are out of contract and won't wear the shirt again, and a huge, pivotal rebuild is needed over the summer

If Moore is taking us forward, he needs time for it otherwise there's no point

But he isn't to blame for this group

• Like 3
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, andrew1974 said:

I know Smith is Moore's assistant but to me it'd have made more sense having Thompson giving the orders given he's got the best record this season.

Smith definitely doesnt look like someone who likes being the top man, which is fine, until you put him there for the most important games of the season.

I think the situation has been very unfortunate to be honest, and it's very harsh on Smith for the ones throwing pelters. 

Neil Thompson is definitely more adept at having it on his shoulders, he was always refreshingly honest in his interviews. But I think with regards to Moore/Smith it just goes down as bad luck.

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Club is rotten on every level, that all stems from that scum bag Chansiri 

I wouldn’t call him a scumbag, that’s unfair

He’s just massively out of his depth that’s all 

• Like 2

I know many people are happy with Moore but what’s this based on?

He left WBA in 4th with the best squad in the league by miles, and had Doncaster hovering around the playoffs in the pub league for 18 months

Thats it

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, cbirks said:

You're overrating our squad to think any selection would have made a difference. 

Rubbish mate.

We have Xl players that are better than Rotherham, Derby and Forest in flip-flops.

Today’s ridiculous misuse of players beggars belief.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Django said:

I wouldn’t call him a scumbag, that’s unfair

He’s just massively out of his depth that’s all 

have to respectfully disagree with you. Selling the ground, getting us a point deduction, charging the prices he does for tickets etc, pay top prices = have top players rubbish, not refunding season tickets, to me that makes him a bit of a scumbag. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, hdan450 said:

Group isn't good enough, and not applying themselves 100%. No manager would succeed with these

Thankful that a lot of them are out of contract and won't wear the shirt again, and a huge, pivotal rebuild is needed over the summer 

I am genuinely shocked (I mean really truly genuinely surprised) that our fans watch a clearout of players, and an influx of new players and new faces every other month, and think it's the players that need changing out AGAIN

Same as those who think getting rid of Darren Moore and Co is the answer

It's so weird to me that we've seen group after group after group of players, managers, coaches, staff, whole physio teams, CEO's, Board members, transfer committees either walk out, leave, or get replaced one after the other after the other after the other, and then we have fans saying that they want that to happen AGAIN and it'll make things better

The whole relief that contracts are running out of contract, whilst at the same time saying that players aren't giving 100% makes me scratch my head too as how people can say that it's a good thing that our players know they won't be getting a new contract, but on the other hand saying how baffling and rubbish it is that our players aren't giving 100% to try and stop the club getting relegated (knowing full well they won't be here anyway)

When is it time to just STOP and realise that we're just rinsing and repeating the same tragedy over and over and over again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I am genuinely shocked (I mean really truly genuinely surprised) that our fans watch a clearout of players, and an influx of new players and new faces every other month, and think it's the players that need changing out AGAIN

Same as those who think getting rid of Darren Moore and Co is the answer

It's so weird to me that we've seen group after group after group of players, managers, coaches, staff, whole physio teams, CEO's, Board members, transfer committees either walk out, leave, or get replaced one after the other after the other after the other, and then we have fans saying that they want that to happen AGAIN and it'll make things better

The whole relief that contracts are running out of contract, whilst at the same time saying that players aren't giving 100% makes me scratch my head too as how people can say that it's a good thing that our players know they won't be getting a new contract, but on the other hand saying how baffling and rubbish it is that our players aren't giving 100% to try and stop the club getting relegated (knowing full well they won't be here anyway)

When is it time to just STOP and realise that we're just rinsing and repeating the same tragedy over and over and over again?

There’s plenty of threads that talk about our club structure being outdated and the owner having no plan 

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Rubbish mate.

We have Xl players that are better than Rotherham, Derby and Forest in flip-flops.

Today’s ridiculous misuse of players beggars belief.

Cottectamondo big time...ive been unconvinced from his 1st gsme now im convinced..him and is assistants are crap

It'll be academic soon........The coaching team are sitting on a dire record already, having shown no real signs of making progress, making many of the same mistakes their predecessors did. Despite them being forced to work with the shower of sh!te that is this squad they will rightly or wrongly be written off many fans already.

Made more sense to line the appointment up for next season and give them as much of a clean slate as possible rather than being tainted by association to this squad. And, after all, NT has been our most successful manager this season hasn't he?

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

Guest Hornsby
8 hours ago, hdan450 said:

Think it is very harsh criticising the management, when numerous others have had a go at trying to get this lot fired up.

We've seen it all season, lacklustre performances and lack of quality

We should have never started the season with Monk 

The January transfer window was huge, and that has cost us

Whoever came in after that, with these players, a lot of them out of contract, was always going to struggle 

The players don't care. How can they be motivated?

The set up probably wasn't right, but with Lees out, he obviously thought he had to put Patterson RB and Palmer CB, as he may not trust the others (which says a lot)

1 sub is poor, but who was he going to bring on, Kachunga? 

If Moore is taking us forward, he needs time for it otherwise there's no point

But he isn't to blame for this group

Cant pivot with pennies.

2030. Earliest.

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

have to respectfully disagree with you. Selling the ground, getting us a point deduction, charging the prices he does for tickets etc, pay top prices = have top players rubbish, not refunding season tickets, to me that makes him a bit of a scumbag. 

I know... it’s bad

He’s had a nightmare, basically gone balls deep in the first 2 seasons it’s not come off, and now he’s in a corner with no money and nowhere left to turn 

• Like 2