Darren Moore and the two muppets

6 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Look elsewhere 

But if I had the power to go back in time knowing what I've seen now 

And had to pick between Thompson and Moore for the rest of the season I'd pick Thompson 

I wouldn't.

The last four performances was dire and as bad as anything I'd seen under anyone else.

Was like watching a brick been thrown in the swimming pool.

It doesn't matter who manages these players, as a group they are pathetic.

• Like 1

Just now, CalmJimmers said:

Been in the bottom 3 all season.

4 managers.

Manager now out with a serious illness.

Started the season on minus points.

Half the team out of contract at the end of the season.

Nobody can get a tune out of the players.

Blame the manager who has been here all of a couple of months.

People genuinely believe we have a good team just waiting to be unlocked to their true potential don't they? I don't know how to break it to you, but we don't. We have a really bad team who have next to no incentive to bust a guy and potentially injure themselves and not get a club next year. 

Exactly.

4 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Look elsewhere 

But if I had the power to go back in time knowing what I've seen now 

And had to pick between Thompson and Moore for the rest of the season I'd pick Thompson 

Probably agree. I thought Thompson had secured the job for the season but results just dropped away late in his time in change and DC rolled the dice once more. Hindsight is always marvellous but clearly changing hasn’t improved anything. To be honest I didn’t think it would but given how shîte Derby and Rotherham have been a tiny increase in performance level and we’d have stayed up. 
From where we are now I’d rather give Moore a chance at a rebuild than some unknown overseas manager who doesn’t have any links here but if a decent UK manager became avoid be tempted if I were DC to change again. 

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Waiting for the experts to pile in but you can see a method in the way Moore wants us to play. We’re certainly playing with more structure in our play b

Could he not implement that method when we’re safe?

We needed street fighters at this stage of the season. 

Not blaming Moore for our situation but I’m not going to laude him either. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Micky said:

Am I f#ck over reacting 

Anyone with working eyes could see we was too defensive 

Unlucky for us we've employed the 3 muppets who've set it up 

I think he said over rating not over reacting?

:duntmatter:

Just now, 83owl said:

What would you play? Whatever formation you choose there are glaring weaknesses.

4 at the back..Paterson at right back , two cb's, Palmer at left back

4 in midfield,  without picking Bannan and Reach in the same team. Shaw can tackle and it might have been best to play Green, BB, Shaw and Harris.

If the fans object to Shaw and he might be attacked by teammates, pick Joey.

2 upfront,  Windass and Rhodes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M Royds said:

Could he not implement that method when we’re safe?

We needed street fighters at this stage of the season. 

Not blaming Moore for our situation but I’m not going to laude him either. 

Streetfighting was required. Not a pretty football system. Stick with a simple system like 4/4/2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Just bizarre from beginning to end 

This,  I’ve never been this confused as a Wednesday fan.  Moore is meant to be a highly rated manager ,  yet what we saw today was like when Joey teaches a dance class in Friends.  

Nothing we did today suggested we wanted to stay in the championship.  And that is utterly bizarre 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Waiting for the experts to pile in but you can see a method in the way Moore wants us to play. We’re certainly playing with more structure in our play but the quality available for Moore to use just isn’t there.

I think he would prefer to go 4321 but the players aren’t here to do this. We don’t have a mobile target man. We don’t have genuine pace in the side apart from Harris and Green and maybe Windass. As for Harris it doesn’t make much difference as his end product is shocking.

Also with the exception of Hutchinson the defensive players aren’t comfortable in possession so in truth for Moore’s style of play to be productive he needs a complete change in personnel.

The problem to some extent is every one is kind of right. I can see what Moore is trying to do and with the right players it might be good. But is it a good idea to try to get us to switch to that given our personnel? Maybe it was because what we were doing before wasn’t working. So worth a try? Or maybe not because it hasn’t worked and we were so close to safety in the end grinding out a few more points would have been a better strategy. Or maybe the squad is so garbage nothing could be done. I don’t know. But what I can say is we were rubbish today. But we’ve been worse. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

Waiting for the experts to pile in but you can see a method in the way Moore wants us to play. We’re certainly playing with more structure in our play but the quality available for Moore to use just isn’t there.

I think he would prefer to go 4321 but the players aren’t here to do this. We don’t have a mobile target man. We don’t have genuine pace in the side apart from Harris and Green and maybe Windass. As for Harris it doesn’t make much difference as his end product is shocking.

Also with the exception of Hutchinson the defensive players aren’t comfortable in possession so in truth for Moore’s style of play to be productive he needs a complete change in personnel.

So let’s do square pegs in round holes again hey

Edited by OwlerIT
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Been in the bottom 3 all season.

4 managers.

Manager now out with a serious illness.

Started the season on minus points.

Half the team out of contract at the end of the season.

Nobody can get a tune out of the players.

Blame the manager who has been here all of a couple of months.

People genuinely believe we have a good team just waiting to be unlocked to their true potential don't they? I don't know how to break it to you, but we don't. We have a really bad team who have next to no incentive to bust a guy and potentially injure themselves and not get a club next year. 

When we beat Wycombe in February, despite the points deduction we climbed out of the bottom 3 which should have been a HUGE psychological boost and we should have really pushed on from there and dragged ourselves clear of trouble.

Since then, we've actually had a worse record than we did before -

P17  W3  D3  L11

This shower are absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

This,  I’ve never been this confused as a Wednesday fan.  Moore is meant to be a highly rated manager ,  yet what we saw today was like when Joey teaches a dance class in Friends.  

Nothing we did today suggested we wanted to stay in the championship.  And that is utterly bizarre 

Darren Moore had a decent little spell at West Brom when he first took over. Since then he hasn't exactly pulled any trees up so Im not sure about the highly rated bit. Over rated more like - that said I do wish him well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

4 at the back..Paterson at right back , two cb's, Palmer at left back

4 in midfield,  without picking Bannan and Reach in the same team. Shaw can tackle and it might have been best to play Green, BB, Shaw and Harris.

If the fans object to Shaw and he might be attacked by teammates, pick Joey.

2 upfront,  Windass and Rhodes

Personally I dont think Bannan works well at all in a 2 and has to be part of a 3.

4-2-3-1 for me

I would play the same defence - there arent many other options

JP and Shaw in CM with Bannan in front of them and Bannan to be nowhere near the Centre backs whilst we have the ball.

Reach or Green wide one side and Windass wide the other with Rhodes upfront. Rhodes again needs a partner upfront so there is a huge weakness there but hopefully Windass/Green/Reach can get close to him. Shaw hasnt kicked on really but hes the only one thats got any legs to support from midfield. 

Bit of a shambles really.

7 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Streetfighting was required. Not a pretty football system. Stick with a simple system like 4/4/2.

And how many street fighters do we have. How can Moore be blamed for putting out a side that doesn’t possess the qualities you want?

1 hour ago, Sticky Micky said:

Are you taking the Pi55 

Must win game 

Patterson in defence 

Rhodes on the bench 

5 at the back 

Car crash Harris and Borner playing 

Summed up when sky zoomed in on the touch line 

And Smith with Ainsley Harrot looking like a set of simpletons just stood three doing nothing 

Get well soon Moore but seriously f#ckoff 

And take Reach, Harris and Borner with you 

Agree 100%

Those tactics were disgusting and beyond belief today.

The players leave a lot to be desired but they have been let down by a succession of poor managers.

Too many have got into the headset that a manager doesn’t matter and it’s the players but look at how they were set up today for a must win game. 

For me Morre needs to take responsibility there today. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1