Darren Moore and the two muppets

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I am genuinely shocked (I mean really truly genuinely surprised) that our fans watch a clearout of players, and an influx of new players and new faces every other month, and think it's the players that need changing out AGAIN

Same as those who think getting rid of Darren Moore and Co is the answer

It's so weird to me that we've seen group after group after group of players, managers, coaches, staff, whole physio teams, CEO's, Board members, transfer committees either walk out, leave, or get replaced one after the other after the other after the other, and then we have fans saying that they want that to happen AGAIN and it'll make things better

The whole relief that contracts are running out of contract, whilst at the same time saying that players aren't giving 100% makes me scratch my head too as how people can say that it's a good thing that our players know they won't be getting a new contract, but on the other hand saying how baffling and rubbish it is that our players aren't giving 100% to try and stop the club getting relegated (knowing full well they won't be here anyway)

When is it time to just STOP and realise that we're just rinsing and repeating the same tragedy over and over and over again?

I’m sure many Sheffield United fans said the same until they appointed Wilder. Appointing an excellent manager can do a good job in papering over the cracks at a football club 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, victorturner said:

Streetfighting was required. Not a pretty football system. Stick with a simple system like 4/4/2.

FWIW can't help but agree with this. 

Average players - keep it simple, maintain some consistency and take advantage of the small margins gained by players being familiar with each other and the system played. How many times this season have we started consecutive games with the same team? FFS, we aren't exactly Manchester f kin City.

With all the personnel changes this season it's a wonder we've picked any points up at all.

And only 1 person responsible for that unfortunately. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

There not but we’ve had 3 players capable of scoring this season. In a game we needed to win one was up front on his own , one was right back , the other was on the bench. In a game we needed to win that’s not good enough. 

Totally agree,a lone striker role up front clearly does not work with the available squad,we created little,and were mad lucky not to concede 2,or 3 goals at the other end....Systym didnt work, and to not change it at half time,was inexplicable..

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Absolutely nothing to do with tactics at all - just take a look at the players.  The vast majority of them failed to achieve the absolute minimum requirement when it comes to effort and application.  

Granted I would have preferred to see Rhodes start, but other than that we have so little to choose from.  Now is not the time to start having a go at the current management team.  

But would you be saying that if it was TP? He was lambasted on here for his tactics,almost from day one....given we all agree about the players responsibility, so doesnt the manager have a responsibility to consider what has worked?(eg Barnsley match) High press,2 up front,Patterson in midfield..dont play out but go direct,defend by keeping the ball in the opponents half,thus keeping Reach(and others!!) from doing the sort of things we saw yesterday.....

Other the dogma,what reason could there be for still playing out from the back,with a lone striker? Is there anyone on the forum thinks that was the right way to play yesterday?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

But would you be saying that if it was TP? He was lambasted on here for his tactics,almost from day one....given we all agree about the players responsibility, so doesnt the manager have a responsibility to consider what has worked?(eg Barnsley match) High press,2 up front,Patterson in midfield..dont play out but go direct,defend by keeping the ball in the opponents half,thus keeping Reach(and others!!) from doing the sort of things we saw yesterday.....

Other the dogma,what reason could there be for still playing out from the back,with a lone striker? Is there anyone on the forum thinks that was the right way to play yesterday?

You make some good points, and maybe I was being a little defensive of Moore and team in reaction to the criticism they are receiving.  Yesterday’s starting line up wouldn’t have been my preference - the only line-up that comes close to working for me has Rhodes and Windass up front with Palmer and Reach as wing backs, although changing formation to take advantage of opponent's perceived weaknesses shouldn’t be ruled out.

Personally I don’t mind playing out from the back when it’s on, but players’ decision making is often poor and Westwood’s distribution is shocking.  Overall I still think lack of application from the players (not forgetting Chansiri’s ineptitude) will be the main cause of our downfall rather than shortcomings of respective management teams (including Pulis).

Guest Derby owl
18 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Appalling tactics/lineup today from Moore. Not good enough

But some of the people on here think you cant blame moore?

Is it the players?

Is it chansiri?

Need to blame someone!

Guest Therealrealist

I bet if we are allready down we see a lot braver line up and tactics at derby...too many of moores games he seems to be setting us up not to lose even tho we needed wins☹

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I bet if we are allready down we see a lot braver line up and tactics at derby...too many of moores games he seems to be setting us up not to lose even tho we needed wins☹

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Taking it to the last game of the season is an achievement it itself. 

Very limited options to make changes either to the starting 11 or to positively affect a game, bar Rhodes who should start.

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Taking it to the last game of the season is an achievement it itself. 

Let's not kid ourselves, we should be down by now. The reason we're not is that Derby and Rotherham have been terrible, not because of our amazing performances

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Wall said:

Let's not kid ourselves, we should be down by now. The reason we're not is that Derby and Rotherham have been terrible, not because of our amazing performances

I agree, but on the other hand we have picked up more points than those teams of late. 

It's been a poor quality championship this season and our performance over the season has been embarrassing.

So by this time next week, well obviously after the Derby game we will know if we are a championship or league one club next season, as long as Rotherham don’t beat Luton. Have to admit I’m quite looking forward to the not knowing coming to an end. Emotional rollercoaster and all that. Would love us to stay up but as long as we get rid of so many of these pathetic players. 

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So by this time next week, well obviously after the Derby game we will know if we are a championship or league one club next season, as long as Rotherham don’t beat Luton. Have to admit I’m quite looking forward to the not knowing coming to an end. Emotional rollercoaster and all that. Would love us to stay up but as long as we get rid of so many of these pathetic players. 

The players who are especially pathetic do not have to be picked. There is some choice.
And messing about with systems , moving players into the team then out, and playing players out of position are just acts of egocentric management. Think about the motivation and welfare of players, give them stability and stop messing about. 
Reach looks out of confidence and form, Bannan has reverted to long punts upfield and we are back to one striker to start “must win”  games. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, victorturner said:

The players who are especially pathetic do not have to be picked. There is some choice.
And messing about with systems , moving players into the team then out, and playing players out of position are just acts of egocentric management. Think about the motivation and welfare of players, give them stability and stop messing about. 
Reach looks out of confidence and form, Bannan has reverted to long punts upfield and we are back to one striker to start “must win”  games. 

We do rotate these “pathetic players” and the ones who come in then get labelled with the “pathetic” tag.

fans never get it wrong.  

Utter dogshit from start to finish and from top to bottom ..

Not playing Rhodes every game is baffling. Starting some of the slackers and brainless footballers like Reach and Harris is baffling.

Absolute chuffing shitshow

Get out of this club DC. Your garbage leadership has led us down this path. Absolutely horseshit

Edited by Hack-Abusi
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Utter dogshit from start to finish and from top to bottom ..

Not playing Rhodes every game is baffling. Starting some of the slackers and brainless footballers like Reach and Harris is baffling.

Absolute chuffing shitshow

Get out of this club DC. Your garbage leadership has led us down this path. Absolutely horseshit

We need some consistancy here. Ii it horseshit, or dogshit 😂😂