Darren Moore and the two muppets

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you think playing Paterson at right-wing-back today had a positive effect?

Do you think having Harris on the left when he can barely kick the ball with his left foot was a good move?

We aren't going down because of Darren Moore but plenty of what we did tactically today was questionable. 

Not really but he’s having to make do and mend with an unbalanced, one paced squad that is short on real creative quality. Any manager would struggle with this squad even Monk 🤣

Absolutely nothing to do with tactics at all - just take a look at the players.  The vast majority of them failed to achieve the absolute minimum requirement when it comes to effort and application.  

Granted I would have preferred to see Rhodes start, but other than that we have so little to choose from.  Now is not the time to start having a go at the current management team.  

• Like 1

Line up was all wrong today.

Harris and Green should have never been in the first 11.

Paterson should have been down the middle with Widnass and Rhodes.

They should have told them to play 10 yards higher up the pitch and press from the front.

Probably not that easy to do when the players can't be bothered.

• Like 2

After 10 minutes it was apparent we had set up wrong. Just watching goals from the EFL on Sky as they go in: the overwhelming majority come with many attackers in the box. We rarely had 2.

The general approach seemed to suggest we thought a draw would be enough to take it to the final game. Needed a Henry V approach and got Frank Spencer.

• Like 2

Poor management...

I know Harris isn’t great but I see more of him in games than Green.

Should have been Patterson and Rhodes upfront with Harris as a wingback with Reach and Windass in front of the midfield making runs in behind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Not really but he’s having to make do and mend with an unbalanced, one paced squad that is short on real creative quality. Any manager would struggle with this squad even Monk 🤣

To think how much stick you used to give Monk.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

To think how much stick you used to give Monk.

Yes and he’s played his part in this sh!tshow. F***ing up the goalkeeping position and getting shut of Hutchinson is on him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Yes and he’s played his part in this sh!tshow. F***ing up the goalkeeping position and getting shut of Hutchinson is on him.

Pretty sure they weren't your own gripes, much of which I agreed with.

To give us the best chance we don't play Harris on the left or Paterson at right-wing-back for the first time in such a big game and just let the game meander on. Moore and his team got things badly wrong today.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Yeah weve been fantastic since they returned. If only we had them at the start of the season when we were averaging more points per game than we are now we could have got relegation over with sooner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

Poor management...

I know Harris isn’t great but I see more of him in games than Green.

Should have been Patterson and Rhodes upfront with Harris as a wingback with Reach and Windass in front of the midfield making runs in behind.

Thats Patterson,Rhodes,Reach and Windass all playing infront of the midfield? Who is going to play in the other positions? 

19 minutes ago, Jim said:

And Moore is the icing on the cake that nails the coffin shut 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Thats Patterson,Rhodes,Reach and Windass all playing infront of the midfield? Who is going to play in the other positions? 

???
I’m playing...

3/5

Same back three

Reach and Harris as wing backs

Same midfield

Windass (fitting into midfield as required)

Rhodes Patterson

30 minutes ago, Jim said:

A hell of a lot of blame lies at Monks door. For the exclusion of Westwood alone he deserves a lot of criticism.

Edited by sexpistol
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

???
I’m playing...

3/5

Same back three

Reach and Harris as wing backs

Same midfield

Windass (fitting into midfield as required)

Rhodes Patterson

Ah yes i get it now the way i read it i though you meant reach and windass infront of the midfield

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

A hell of a lot of blame lies at Monks door. For the exclusion of Westwood alone he deserves a lot of criticism.

Yes that was a terrible decision which has obviously cost us. We have played much better since his return in November 🤔