Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But by not understanding the anger it distracts from the point.

I don't think he is not understanding the anger, he is saying don't direct it at him and the players for something he has said he doesn't agree with but has not been involved in the decision making.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s a hot head. Very disappointed. Thought he’d stand by his principles.

He did before kick off ...he has just mis understood what Gary Neville said...I've a lot of respect for Klopp but like you say he is a hot head ...he is the only manager out of the six to at least speak against this move .

10 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

In 28 years there have been 7 different winners, there are only 6 clubs that were founding members of the PL that have not been relegated - 8 other clubs have been relegated and are currently back there.  There are 29 clubs in the other 3 divisions that have been in the Premier League.  I don’t think that’s quite the closed shop we think it is.

Undoubtedly the rich have got richer at the expense of everyone else and wages and agent payments are immoral, but I’d be interested to see how those numbers stack up against the other major European leagues.

Maybe but my point is that the PL has cared little for the EFL until yesterday when it suddenly became one of their priorities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He's demanded a meeting with the owner and slagged the idea off

No he hasn’t. That was a fake quote circulating on social media.

He called the owners good people. And went off on Gary Neville and saw the Leeds reaction as a personal attack on him. 

Disappointing. 

Just now, TaxiMark said:

He did before kick off ...he has just mis understood what Gary Neville said...I've a lot of respect for Klopp but like you say he is a hot head ...he is the only manager out of the six to at least speak against this move .

Only because he was the first one asked! 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No he hasn’t. That was a fake quote circulating on social media.

He called the owners good people. And went off on Gary Neville and saw the Leeds reaction as a personal attack on him. 

Disappointing. 

How would anyone react if their employer made a controversial decision without your knowledge, then announce it without giving you a heads up and then when you went to work people started shouting and slagging you off for a decision that you had nothing to do with and one you disagree with??  I think you have to give him a break, the timing for him was awful as this was the first game involving the 6 teams since the announcement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

No he wasn't 

Tuchel was asked first. 

Klopp is clearly not happy with the situation, but going off on Neville was really missing the point. 

tbf, he has been proper shafted on the whole thing, proper catch 22. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

Both Neville and Carragher said if one team pulls out of the ESL others would follow.

Both thought City was that club.

There are suggestions that City have gone along with it because they were worried about being left behind. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Tuchel was asked first. 

Klopp is clearly not happy with the situation, but going off on Neville was really missing the point. 

tbf, he has been proper shafted on the whole thing, proper catch 22. 

Exactly .

And Tuchel hid behind the curtain big time and yes whilst I get its hard to make a comment against their owner at least klopp did say what he thought on the situation.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There are suggestions that City have gone along with it because they were worried about being left behind. 

I’m sure all 12 of them will have some grovelling angle press release lined up should it all go south. 

The cat is out of the bag and none of them should be allowed to ever forget it. To rip the heart and soul out of their clubs, sh*t allover their fans and chase sheer greed is a choice and it’s one they ALL took willingly. 

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No football popularity grew substantially because of the PL, European football and the introduction of all the glamour big wages, the off field dramas. 

I completely disagree - football was always hugely popular worldwide

The TV coverage and popularity of our game grew out of the PL TV exposure for sure

People didn't subscrube to it just because players were getting big wages

And yes, i understand that the big wage attracted the big players - but rarely what could be considered the worlds best

But the wages have put clubs into hock to such an extent that clubs are barely getting by - way too much money IN football goes OUT of football in wages and agent fees

It's almost like some comical pyramid scheme

Interesting that the 50% + 1 share ownership model that they have in Germany is now being mooted in some quarters for football clubs in England. Wonder how Chansiri would react to suddenly being a minority stakeholder in Wednesday and having to get the fans approval before being allowed to do anything. Think he would sell up pretty quickly.

17 minutes ago, San Clemente Owl said:

What was wrong with it?  The one I saw over hear had him basically saying  that this has nothing to do with him or the players, they fould out the same time as we did and as of yet have had no say.  He felt it was unfair to target the players and coaches for a decision they had nothing to do with.

The coaches and players are the actual embodiment of the club they represent

Sounds a bit like somebody higher in the club has collared him t rein it in a bit

1 minute ago, scram said:

I completely disagree - football was always hugely popular worldwide

The TV coverage and popularity of our game grew out of the PL TV exposure for sure

People didn't subscrube to it just because players were getting big wages

And yes, i understand that the big wage attracted the big players - but rarely what could be considered the worlds best

But the wages have put clubs into hock to such an extent that clubs are barely getting by - way too much money IN football goes OUT of football in wages and agent fees

It's almost like some comical pyramid scheme

Yeah, yeah i agree with everything you say apart from the popularity bit.  Hardly anyone in China knew what a football was let alone any of the clubs.

2 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Interesting that the 50% + 1 share ownership model that they have in Germany is now being mooted in some quarters for football clubs in England. Wonder how Chansiri would react to suddenly being a minority stakeholder in Wednesday and having to get the fans approval before being allowed to do anything. Think he would sell up pretty quickly.

I think that would happen at most clubs, with foreign investors. Might be a good thing.

• Like 3