Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

I've thought of a way to solve this. Let them go. EPL immediately creates 6 new clubs in Prem with slightly altered names. Awards them all their trophy history back etc. And sell them off to some different owners on the cheap and then they can sign some players and compete next season, and all the fans can carry on as normal. 

And the ESL fails cause everyone is watching Premier League as normal. Revenge

Edited by flo

1 hour ago, Big Malc said:

If the football world really doesn’t want this to happen, there has to be an avenue back for the 6 English clubs.  The threats of expulsion are fine and merited, but if if the FA/PL/UEFA/FIFA really do want them to drop it, they have to give them a way to save a bit of face and do a u-turn.  It’ll be interesting to see what that is.

They can re-join, at the bottom of the pyramid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

This all makes Chansiri seem like a top-class owner in comparison.

I suddenly love the fact that we're going to be on League 1 for a reset with a hugely reduced wage bill. 

Madly ironically, financially this could save us, and with a bit of luck on the pitch could see the club become a lot closer to the fans.

And as for the Super League, I just despair at the whole situation - its almost like a bad dream or April Fool's joke.

I just cannot believe how idiotic those 6 clubs have been signing up to this mess. They deserve every punishment coming - but I feel sorely for their genuine fans.

I hope this is 'tongue in cheek'.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

It'd be funny if there was some way of stopping them taking the football club's name with them. Stop them trading in the UK and let them f*ck off to Dubai and they can get out of the league while thinking up a nice new name for themselves. Wishful thinking, and downright impossible, but all that would be great.

You might have hit on something there.

An "Apellation Controle" regime for football clubs?

Here’s a thought. Restructure the football league. Promote the top six from the non league. And carry on without the big six. The champions league should be for champions. Bring back the cup winners cup and the EUFA cup for second and third. Allow players to tackle get rid of var. set a realistic pricing and wage structure for each league so nobody can buy their league again. And let the ESL circus go off on its world tour and proper fans refuse to watch it. 

Edited by Plonk
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Here’s a thought. Restructure the football league. Promote the top six from the non league. And carry on without the big six. The champions league should be for champions. Bring back the cup winners cup and the EUFA cup for second and third. Allow players to tackle get rid of var. set a realistic pricing and wage structure for each league so nobody can buy their league again. And let the ESL circus go off on its world tour and proper fans refuse to watch it. 

There’s something in this.

For the rest of football to carry on while the super league operates in a parallel universe, it has to offer something that the super league can’t. It won’t be quality of football or the best TV viewing experience, so aim at matchday experience instead. It wouldn’t be impossible to carve out a new unique selling point.

The clubs will have not been unaware of the backlash. Does anybody really think someone has just come up with an idea and the big 6 plus others have said ‘oh, we’ll have some of that’? This has been planned for a while, the pitfalls will have been well documented but a way past these pitfalls will have been structured and planned? As I see it, this is about a lot of things but mainly I think it is a power struggle between the clubs who have serious influence and the footballing authorities?

Come on, FIFA, UEFA, FA, PL and the EFL have been an utter joke for years. Personally I’m glad that they’re being put under some pressure by the elite clubs and whichever way this pans out, if one good thing comes out of it, I hope it’s that the game is governed better because I think the EFL in particular isn’t fit for purpose?

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, davey_wells said:

This all makes Chansiri seem like a top-class owner in comparison.

I suddenly love the fact that we're going to be on League 1 for a reset with a hugely reduced wage bill. 

Madly ironically, financially this could save us, and with a bit of luck on the pitch could see the club become a lot closer to the fans.

And as for the Super League, I just despair at the whole situation - its almost like a bad dream or April Fool's joke.

I just cannot believe how idiotic those 6 clubs have been signing up to this mess. They deserve every punishment coming - but I feel sorely for their genuine fans.

But not hugely reduced ticket prices.

The same Chansiri who robbed blind and sick of their footy radio commentaries.

For 8 quid.

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Can we have some standing in the grounds as well? So we can get some atmosphere back please. 

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Blame the Bosman ruling for that as much as the PL.

Blame the owners and management of the clubs mainly but let’s not pretend that when Neville and the others were signing their multi-million contracts that they were overly concerned that ultimately it was the fans of the club that were paying for it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

All those 3 have declined invites though haven't they?

Dortmund and Munich have 30 days to respond to the offer, PSG have 14 days.

I think there is a certain amount of posturing in the press from these three. 

I don't think it's a done deal that they don't at this point.

That's just speculation on my part.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Thanks 1