Which players in the squad deserve a starting spot next season?

Guest domSWFC

2 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Obviously there isn't many that have shown the desire or talent to play in Championship (some haven't shown they should be professional footballers)

For me, the only ones I'd like to see in our starting 11 next season are (if fit):

Dunkley

Iorfa

Bannan

In League One, I think Rhodes and Reach could be dangerous players, but I just feel the squad would could be improved and have better balance if their wages were spent improving the squad.

Not sure I'd be happy with Dunkley, he has been average at best when fit. You haven't picked Luongo, who is equally as unfit but is a far better player than Dunkley is. Palmer has done well recently and has a good fitness record. He would be a reliable option on either side as a conventional full-back in the 3rd division. 

The issue won't be who we get rid of, it'll be who we replace them with.

That's why we now have a team built for relegation, because every player that has left has been replaced by a player who is worse.

The more we let go, the more Paxo and Chansiri hire.  The thought of them recruiting 15+ players in a few weeks for a lower league, on tighter financial restraints scares me

Dependant on a few factors, I'd keep the following for next season:

Palmer - would be a decent option in League One

Urhoghide - has the potential to be really good - a season as first choice could be the making of him

Börner - a solid, no-nonsense defender with the right attitude

Iorfa - would be an absolute beast at that level...assuming he could stay fit

Dunkley - IF he can prove his fitness

Bannan - if he's up for it, then he could be the best player in the division

Luongo - IF he can prove his fitness; he's been a huge loss this season

Paterson - has the right attitude, and his technical deficiencies would be less exposed at that level - a decent option to have in the squad

Windass - one of the few players who's still been busting a gut in recent games; alongside / behind the right partner, he'd be a real handful. Depends whether he's up for it, though - there's no point keeping him if his heart's not in it

• Like 5

It would be interesting to know who the players are that do not want to play for us, a team of supporters from the kop would want to play but might not be very good.

I'm sure Palmer, Lees and Pelupessy all want to play for us but despite the odd decent game they are not good enough for this division and may fail at a lower level.

Harris always puts effort in but again the intelligence and control don't match the speed and effort.

The other side of the coin is what offers from other teams will our players receive, some of our players that don't suit our style might be a perfect fit for others.

What style do we play that of the last couple of years mainly defensive with a long ball element (needs a Fletcher rather than a Joao) or more of a passing team that the current manager appears to favour. 

Another big factor is what wages can we pay, do any of the players want to play for us so much that they would agree to a pay cut.

Guest Andy W
3 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Obviously there isn't many that have shown the desire or talent to play in Championship (some haven't shown they should be professional footballers)

For me, the only ones I'd like to see in our starting 11 next season are (if fit):

Dunkley

Iorfa

Bannan

In League One, I think Rhodes and Reach could be dangerous players, but I just feel the squad would could be improved and have better balance if their wages were spent improving the squad.

All shiiite get rid, gutless crap

48 minutes ago, Hirstyslaces said:

This for me ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's virtually a complete rebuild that's required, with players that actually want to play for this club.

Dont get me wrong I wouldn't shed a tear at any of em jumped  ship. Just think Bannan and Iorfa have some football ability while Urgohide has loads of potential 

3 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Dunkley

Iorfa

Bannan

Fully expect iorfa and Bannan to go to championship teams..Dunkley couldn't give him away..cwap..

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I expect Moore to line up with a 4231 formation next season. I don’t see how Bannan fits into this. You want your first choice attacking 4 all to be scoring at least 10-15 goals and Bannan will score no where near that, he’ll be lucky to score 5.

Expecting our first choice 11 to have only 3 or 4 of our current squad in it.

Bannan far too good for tier 3 wave goodbye. And thanks..

• Like 2

I assume Windass and Green will be lining up - unless we cash in on Windass, who I think will receive interest from say a Huddersfiled or Rotherham.

I'd sell BB - use the money to bring in a couple of good midfielders from L1/2. 

At the back possibly Iorfa and Urhoghide, if they want to stay on presumably lower money. They'd both attract Championship interest IMO.

All the keepers can go for me, and Lees, Borner, and Hutch - all have struggled this season. 

Luongo is a crock and can't be relied upon (you could say the same about Iorfa), Harris needs to leave quickly.

Palmer is like a comfy chair so will probably still be knocking around, and to be fair to him has improved over the last few weeks under Moore.

It looks like we are going to need 12 new players including 2/3 keepers.

5 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Dunkley

Iorfa

Bannan

JR and Reach!!!...both been here waay too long.....NO