Which players in the squad deserve a starting spot next season?

Guest domSWFC

Iorfa and Bannan are two to build around, but unfortunately I don't see Iorfa staying longer than till January when he probably is fit after the injuries and a saleable asset.

We have some young prospects to use in L1, hope we actually use them. To let them go for free later.

Regarding Palmer, I actually think he could end up leaving in in summer,  remember the lad has broken into the Scotland national side, has bags of experience in the Championship, I could certainly see someone like Coventry or Hull (if they go up) taking a punt on him. Same as Paterson. These players aren't going to hamper their opportunities of international football by sticking around to play the likes of Crewe Alexandra on a Tuesday night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, should know better said:

Ignoring the obvious that we don't know what we can afford and which if any of our players are wanted by any other clubs, but playing the game for the sake of it.

Keep Westwood as he is the best keeper on the books, Iorfa is a no brainer for his athleticism. Hutchinson and Borner can play football and also have enough battle in them for the lower division. Hutchinson as could be seen when he returned was slightly better in midfield than the others but always wants to win the ball and make a tackle so use him at CB. Luongo is never going to be as good in a holding role but might be better suited to the 1st division so another keep. If Odubajo is fit he is a better player than Palmer in both directions. Windass if fully motivated should be ok, Patterson is rough and ready but lacks control so I'm unsure.

Not seen enough of Galvin, Waldock and Brennan but if cheap then have a further look.

Green looks to have something about him but along with FDB I'm not sure. 

Dunkley if fully fit is aggressive  and could play a captains role perhaps, Urhoghide whilst still raw is another ball hunter (Iorfa can be too) but a keep, of all the players I watched for the under 18's and 23's he put in the most effort and deserved his chance.

Hunt for me is a clone of Bannan and although good with the ball and easy on the eye again too lightweight  and on balance not going to get us playing a different type of style.

Rhodes with the correct service and played from the start has the ability but not if we retain a long ball style in which case a rugged hold up man is required.

Hi Sam

GK

DEF:

Hutchinson

Borner

Iorfa

Urgohide

Moses

Palmer (only because he is contracted)

MID:

Luongo (will he ever be ******** fit?)

Shaw

FW:

Rhodes (MASSIVE pay cut)

Windass

Moore has a massive MASSIVE job on his hands over the summer to reshape this squad because we are lacking in every area and not just the odd player, but a boat load in all areas

I'd resign Hutch, make him a centre back and captain

Rest I'd fizz off and that includes Bannan. For £25k a week, you can bring in 5 players that are younger, fitter, more hungrier and more dynamic than him.

Up top. I'm at a loss. Even if Rhodes went, we're left with Windass who's half average and Paterson who's the homeless and bankrupt mans Nuhiu

Have I missed anyone else off?

15 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

GK

DEF:

Hutchinson

Borner

Iorfa

Urgohide

Moses

Palmer (only because he is contracted)

MID:

Luongo (will he ever be ******** fit?)

Shaw

FW:

Rhodes (MASSIVE pay cut)

Windass

Moore has a massive MASSIVE job on his hands over the summer to reshape this squad because we are lacking in every area and not just the odd player, but a boat load in all areas

I'd resign Hutch, make him a centre back and captain

Rest I'd fizz off and that includes Bannan. For £25k a week, you can bring in 5 players that are younger, fitter, more hungrier and more dynamic than him.

Up top. I'm at a loss. Even if Rhodes went, we're left with Windass who's half average and Paterson who's the homeless and bankrupt mans Nuhiu

Have I missed anyone else off?

Doubt Shaw will be here next season. Not sure if its been mentioned on here.

• Haha 3

Honestly hoping Borner goes.

He has more composure on the ball than Tom Lees but that's nothing to write home about...  he's ta!l.

Constantly wanders out of position, not really physical enough. The amount of mistakes he's made

where he's thinking he's beckenbaur at the back is comedy. Get rid.

Iorfa, Dunkley, Urgohide....give Brennan a run out even in league one.

On 18/04/2021 at 14:42, Kew Owl said:

I’m undoubtedly going to be ridiculed and abused mercilessly for saying this, but I would give Pelupessy a one year deal 

Think we brings some attributes that we’re going to need next season 

( I’ll get my coat now ......)

I'll chuck some petrol on the fire by saying that Borner may be a useful player in League One next season.

Remember how Rob Jones and Miguel Llera ripped up Div One whilst being out of their depth after promotion? I reckon Borner will have the same MO.

Think Bannan signed in order to command a fee in the summer.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he stays.

Onnly ones I can see staying / not be sold  will be Pelupessy and Palmer.

The rest will either want out or Moore won't want them.

Yep. Even Steve MacKenzie wannabe Patterson. Even he'll want out.

Thing is we don't have a good track record of actually selling players under DC.

I expect those under contract to stay and maybe some short contract extensions handed out.

I can't see us actually selling anyone under contract for a fee.

Maybe a few new faces but the regulars will be whoever is left next season.

On 18/04/2021 at 09:42, Kew Owl said:

I’m undoubtedly going to be ridiculed and abused mercilessly for saying this, but I would give Pelupessy a one year deal 

Think we brings some attributes that we’re going to need next season 

( I’ll get my coat now ......)

You been on da booze mon?

On 18/04/2021 at 13:48, domSWFC said:

Obviously there isn't many that have shown the desire or talent to play in Championship (some haven't shown they should be professional footballers)

For me, the only ones I'd like to see in our starting 11 next season are (if fit):

Dunkley

Iorfa

Bannan

In League One, I think Rhodes and Reach could be dangerous players, but I just feel the squad would could be improved and have better balance if their wages were spent improving the squad.

None of them