Barry (back pass) Bannan

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

No, not at all - I just think you saying you're watching players off the ball through a TV broadcast is pretty laughable. You do you though. UTO.

Genuinely puzzled at how the idea is laughable!? A player gets the ball and you look around to see if people have moved into space to give that player an option.

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Apologies if this has been answered but how can we keep Bannan next season in league one if the cap on wages is 7k? 

There is no wage cap, it was withdrawn after an independent arbitration panels decision.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

We actually both know the answer , you will do anything to defend Bazza.

I defend him because no matter what you say or think he is our best player.

Plenty of others to pick on before him including the next big thing who has contributed f**k all to Wednesday so far

16 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I defend him because no matter what you say or think he is our best player.

Plenty of others to pick on before him including the next big thing who has contributed f**k all to Wednesday so far

He is our best player at keeping the ball under pressure and that is where it ends, might be enough to fool you , but it’s not fooling everyone anymore 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

So basically what I'm hearing at the moment is every player and every manager we've had over the last 4 years is crap and not good enough.

Maybe people should step and ask why that might be the case.

We had a couple of decent years but We’ve just gone back to our level again.

Crapness and incompetence all round. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

He is our best player at keeping the ball under pressure and that is where it ends, might be enough to fool you , but it’s not fooling everyone anymore 

Go on then, I’ll ask you. I’ve tried others. 
Name our players who are better than him.

• Like 1

This season 2 goals (both penalties) and 4 assists. He has scored 4 goals in two seasons, simply not good enough.

For someone who takes all our set pieces it is an absolutely woeful return. You can't lay it at the door of "all our other players are c.rap", the best players make those around them look better than they are, they drag the teams along and win points on their own - Grealish at Villa for example. 

Bannan is incapable of this, his set piece delivery is atrocious, he drops far too deep and doesn't get forward anywhere near enough to be a positive influence on the game, to be the creative spark we need and to make things happen.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Genuinely puzzled at how the idea is laughable!? A player gets the ball and you look around to see if people have moved into space to give that player an option.

Because what you see through the tv camera and what is happening on the pitch can be very different. How do you know that just out of shot there are not 2/3 buzzing about making themselves available? You’re at the mercy of what the camera can show and the pitch, other options, game is quite a bit vaster than that.

Anyhow, I’m not trying to dig you out. This seasons bad enough without rowing with others put through the same shybo as me.

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

Go on then, I’ll ask you. I’ve tried others. 
Name our players who are better than him.

Westwood, Lees, Rhodes, Windass, Harris , Pelupessy, Uroghide to name a few have all been performing better than Bazza this season. I know you will scoff at this as you can’t see no wrong in Bazzas performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Westwood, Lees, Rhodes, Windass, Harris , Pelupessy, Uroghide to name a few have all been performing better than Bazza this season. I know you will scoff at this as you can’t see no wrong in Bazzas performance.

Too f**king right I’ll scoff at that

WTF:

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Too f**king right I’ll scoff at that

WTF:

And this is why we are in free fall as a club. Fans and Chairman can see no wrong in a one dimensional midfield player who has been part of the downward spiral on the field. Instead of seeing that he actually weekens us as a team they put him on a pedestal.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Three fictional characters from a five a side group.

The player who sets off up front but if his team is losing decides to come to the back despite the rest of the team don't want him there because does not do any of the basics of defending end exposes the others.

The player who is very skilful  but does not move or defend. In opposition if he has the ball at his feet he doesn't lose and you are wasting your time chasing him as he can always get it back to the keeper. However if the opposition pass and move he let's them go, if he is on your side and you quiz him he says he is not there to defend. He is there to enjoy playing. 

The player who tries to shoot from a silly angle but always misses, he then goes in the net a despite his team mates urging him not to his only pass is a balloon down the middle to get to the striker in one. The fact that 90% are intercepted and many returned to his own net, even if he has lost he is happy with his one assist.

I think they would appreciate Bannan.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

And this is why we are in free fall as a club. Fans and Chairman can see no wrong in a one dimensional midfield player who has been part of the downward spiral on the field. Instead of seeing that he actually weekens us as a team they put him on a pedestal.

You’re talking cobblers. 
I asked you to name our players that are better than Bannan and you came up with that. 
I don’t mind replacing anyone as long as we bring in better and the poorer players go first. You and a couple of others seem to think the best way to improve the team is to get rid of our best player. 

To be fair to Bannan he must feel as though he’s surrounded by idiots most of the time. Imagine how disheartening it must be for him seeing a killer ball then realising he’s playing it to Paterson or Kachunga 

• Like 1

I agree he isn’t a player who shines regardless of the quality of his team mates.

But the reason he looks so bad this season is because of the utter dross that is around him. 

The movement and technical ability of those around him is dreadful.

Our tactics are mostly to hoof the ball up to a midget with no pace or strength. 

Our attacking players are dreadful.

People can turn on Bannan all they like but it isn’t as if our chairman is likely to replace him with someone better.

So whilst I agree some of his performances have been poor this year, criticising Bannan takes attention away from the real cause of our problems: Chansiri.

How about people instead focus their criticism on the owner who charges premier league prices for a fan base he is relegating to league one (whilst calling them bad customers)