Barry (back pass) Bannan

49 minutes ago, BIG D said:

You’re talking cobblers. 
I asked you to name our players that are better than Bannan and you came up with that. 
I don’t mind replacing anyone as long as we bring in better and the poorer players go first. You and a couple of others seem to think the best way to improve the team is to get rid of our best player. 

He’s not our best player. His primary role in the team is to create goals. He has only four assists this season. He is not doing his job. He has played far more minutes than any other player in the team and has just the four assists. That’s the same as Harris. Yet Bannan takes 95% of our set pieces. Once again he’s not doing his job effectively. Seeing as though he is very week defensively and often cost us when he’s attracted to the ball like a 7 year old rather than tracking his marker. We also get over run in midfield every game Because we are accommodating Barry in centre mid. He also makes us easy to play against by dropping deep and going backwards and square. Teams force us back and reduce us to hoofing it. Good players have pictures in their head and know what they’re gonna do when they receive the ball. Not Bazza he is too ponderous and slows everything down.Stop putting him on a pedestal because he ain’t all that.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

good player bannan who for some  reason is not  playing  well lately ........that old saying about form being  temporary class is permanent springs to  mind ...if it is  league 1 next season there wont be many better than him in it . ..mind they wont be  many as well paid either but thats  a different  issue. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

He’s not our best player. His primary role in the team is to create goals. He has only four assists this season. He is not doing his job. He has played far more minutes than any other player in the team and has just the four assists. That’s the same as Harris. Yet Bannan takes 95% of our set pieces. Once again he’s not doing his job effectively. Seeing as though he is very week defensively and often cost us when he’s attracted to the ball like a 7 year old rather than tracking his marker. We also get over run in midfield every game Because we are accommodating Barry in centre mid. He also makes us easy to play against by dropping deep and going backwards and square. Teams force us back and reduce us to hoofing it. Good players have pictures in their head and know what they’re gonna do when they receive the ball. Not Bazza he is too ponderous and slows everything down.Stop putting him on a pedestal because he ain’t all that.

Agree. Some rave about him and ask the same question again and again (like the Specials record!!). But what was his last telling contribution?  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

Agree. Some rave about him and ask the same question again and again (like the Specials record!!). But what was his last telling contribution?  

He did quite a neat 180 turn in the hudds game. 

I think Bannan's a cracking player 

His goal contribution of 1 ever 6 games this season is money well spent

Everyone else is to blame but not our bazza 

I mean he'd walk into any team in this league 

On 17/03/2021 at 22:24, ANDY said:

90% of his passes today were played back

When we looked good he was more forward and feeding balls through, but since CC tactics he’s moved further and further back... He also turns back to easy and plays the easy short ball rather than a through ball... However he’s still by far our best player IMO.... The concern for me is Harris who is an absolutely skilful player and makes great runs, but is then unable to provide an end product (cross/ pass/ shot) so it’s all absolutely pointless... Then you’ve A Reach who aside from the odd worldy goal (in a blue moon) is far to weak in challenges and again fails to provide an end product... On top of this you’ve J Rhodes who has just lost it... In his defence, his success was based on a smash/ grab attack force (a large strike partner) and multiple crosses into the box, which we have never accommodated him with that formation... However I doubt that he will regain his past form now after Middlesbrough and then us failing to accommodate him...  Furthermore I think that the backbone of this team being based on the failed promotion teams and negative CC tactics is an underlying issue... I remember SB saying that he was struggling to drill out negative back passing football...

Guest LondonOwl313
25 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

When we looked good he was more forward and feeding balls through, but since CC tactics he’s moved further and further back... He also turns back to easy and plays the easy short ball rather than a through ball... However he’s still by far our best player IMO.... The concern for me is Harris who is an absolutely skilful player and makes great runs, but is then unable to provide an end product (cross/ pass/ shot) so it’s all absolutely pointless... Then you’ve A Reach who aside from the odd worldy goal (in a blue moon) is far to weak in challenges and again fails to provide an end product... On top of this you’ve J Rhodes who has just lost it... In his defence, his success was based on a smash/ grab attack force (a large strike partner) and multiple crosses into the box, which we have never accommodated him with that formation... However I doubt that he will regain his past form now after Middlesbrough and then us failing to accommodate him...  Furthermore I think that the backbone of this team being based on the failed promotion teams and negative CC tactics is an underlying issue... I remember SB saying that he was struggling to drill out negative back passing football...

Lol you can’t blame Carlos for the tactics he left 39 months ago!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 18/03/2021 at 07:24, ANDY said:

90% of his passes today were played back

Cos the players are crap and he has nobody to pass to!

It's going to get worse today, they know that all they have to do is pressure/press him and he will drop deeper and deeper, pass back and back some more and that's us finished cause theres no one who can make things happen or a leader between the lot of them. 

11 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

I think Bannan's a cracking player 

His goal contribution of 1 ever 6 games this season is money well spent

Everyone else is to blame but not our bazza 

I mean he'd walk into any team in this league 

Is it two in 36 including penalties, not bad for someone who takes nearly every set piece for us.

One good thing about Carlos was he realised BB was not cut out for centre mid or realised he was sub standard to Hutchinson and Lee.

Do people really believe he would walk into a bottom end premiership team, or is it now down to a top end championship side or have we bottomed out at any championship side? Is the value still £15m or 10 or 5 or speculation that Brentford flush with £50m of cash did not want him enough for over a millon.

Why hasn't that shark Warnock took him off us, he has taken that many in the past including two who he struggled to fit in the Leeds side in Whickam and Barkley.

Celtic were looking for midfielders, just our luck they took the young one who gets about the pitch better and scores from open play. 

• Like 2

Credit where it’s due, I thought he played a lot better today. More energy, more desire, fewer back passes, not sure if they give his deflected cross as an assist but without it we don’t score. 

Much better, almost worth 27k that!!