Sam Hutchinson "I'm not here for the money"

11 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Hutch not daft he on a pay as he play contract, new manager, he going to say he loves the club to help getting in the team. The manager knows now he gonna get more flack than he would from just losing if hutch not in team. Fact is he should never have been treated like he was with being frozen out and should never have been let go.

Yes we have been fantastic since he’s been back.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Can we stop this? Look at how many games he played in his last season until he was axed. He was fit, he was available, he was playing games every week.

Yep. The one thing he cant be accused of is a lack of desire to play football after all he went through in his early 20s. That's then arguably been one of his biggest problems in playing when he was clearly not ready and then subsequently breaking down. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

So.... it's his fault? I seem to remember him being consistently excellent at centre back.

Apparently he “never should have been frozen out and never should have been let go”

We were crap without him and now he’s back we’re still crap so it doesn’t make a difference if he’s been frozen out or let go.

Just now, 83owl said:

Apparently he “never should have been frozen out and never should have been let go”

We were crap without him and now he’s back we’re still crap so it doesn’t make a difference if he’s been frozen out or let go.

Certainly doesn't hurt. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am surprised Cyprus league pay more than Sheffield Wednesday do.

Maybe he's referring to what he actually gets paid, and not what he's contracted to be paid

:Chansiri:

1 hour ago, SettleForADraw said:

I do like hutch but it is interesting how readily available he’s been in this stint after signing a performance related contract... 

Hugely unfair imo. He's spoken publicly about the effect his injuries have had on his mental health.

As far as I'm aware he's always desperate to play and has often declared himself fit when he probably shouldn't have. 

Absolutely no reason to think hes ever faked injury so he didn't have to play.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

There are worse players we could keep. Personally, I think we need new blood, and it’s all very well saying keep this player and that player, but our wage bill is unviable in league one even with relegation clauses.

Totally agree.

Was an ok idea as a stop gap till the end of the season, but he's proved with his recent performances

as a midfielder his days playing there are behind him.

CB or nothing for me but with Iorfa, Dunkley, Brennan and Urhoghide (hopefully) we are fine at the back.

Save the wages on Urhoghide and whoever else we need to bring in to freshen up the squad.

• Like 2

We've got worse since he has been put him back in midfield 

Cb or Nothing 

No worse midfield duo in league football than bannan and Hutchinson 

• Like 4

Guest wilyfox
43 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Totally agree.

Was an ok idea as a stop gap till the end of the season, but he's proved with his recent performances

as a midfielder his days playing there are behind him.

CB or nothing for me but with Iorfa, Dunkley, Brennan and Urhoghide (hopefully) we are fine at the back.

Save the wages on Urhoghide and whoever else we need to bring in to freshen up the squad.

Iorfa could easily miss the first half of next season. We need to be careful with his contractual situation there, or we could nurse him back to health and lose him for nothing next year.

5 hours ago, SettleForADraw said:

I do like hutch but it is interesting how readily available he’s been in this stint after signing a performance related contract... 

He has always said as long as the manager allows him to play he’ll be on the pitch - why he loved CC so much because he let him play no matter how much he hurt 😂. I think Monk/Jos wanted him to have the same training/recovery as everyone else, when obviously due to his injuries and body he needs to be treated a little different. IMO one of the reasons they cast him out. 

6 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

If the wages are right keep him for another season. Would be a class above as a regular centrehalf in league 1 and obviously wants to be here.

This ^^^

Cant believe fans still slate a player who apart from Palmer and Bannan has come out and openly said he loves the club and only wants to play for us!!! 

I do love these types of comments. Just once it would be nice to see the unguarded truth!

’yeah, I couldn’t give two shîts about the club. It’s all about the cash money to be honest. These bastárds have got me on a performance based contract so I’ve got to turn up every week but as soon as I’m on a contract I’m on that fûckin treatment table,’ 

Wouldn’t that be a treat to hear!

• Like 2

Just now, CircleSeven said:

I do love these types of comments. Just once it would be nice to see the unguarded truth!

’yeah, I couldn’t give two shîts about the club. It’s all about the cash money to be honest. These bastárds have got me on a performance based contract so I’ve got to turn up every week but as soon as I’m on a contract I’m on that fûckin treatment table,’ 

Wouldn’t that be a treat to hear!

wouldnt go that far in the wording but your not a million miles away from what  i think ......i dont know why they come  out with guff like they do, just play the fecking games best you can .....thats all most supporters want 

• Like 1

In my opinion we've seen the best of Hutchinson, I don't think he'd get in another championship side , legs have gone for a midfielder now , I don't mind him at the back but if DM continues to play him in the middle then he's not doing his job adequately.

Rubbish about him always wanting to be here etc, he'll go where the money is right or it fits in with his family needs 

10 hours ago, wilyfox said:

There are worse players we could keep. Personally, I think we need new blood, and it’s all very well saying keep this player and that player, but our wage bill is unviable in league one even with relegation clauses.

Unviable in Champ if you believe the £1.5m a month loss reports. 

I like the guy but I'm with you, start afresh IMO. 

I'd naver question sams enthusiasm or will to battle for the cause. Just some of his decision making when in Central midfield. We gave him a chance when everyone else had written him off. 

When he thought his career was over we put faith in him, Ive a feeling that's part of what drives him. 

It's easy to say in hindsight, but just think how much better and stronger we'd have been as a team if instead of splashing the cash on vancrap'n the one in 200, we'd have instead spent that cash on a rampaging rough midfielder and moved hutch back to his preferred position at cb. After all many were tipping him to be the new John Terry when he was breaking through at Chelsea. 

• Like 1