We're losing £1.5m a month – the club’s latest accounts explained

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolutely this. And this is the bit those on here trying to drive him out of town just don’t get. 

A couple of lads in Crookes Club eating pork scratchings won’t help us. 

He is going to stop funding us eventually no matter what.

All that changes if he stays is how much damage he does to the club in the meantime.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not if we shed wages, recruit some exciting new talent we can sell later, get promoted back to the Championship, improve our revenue off the pitch by overhauling the products sold in the megastore, in the ground etc and attract back exec box holders, advertisers and sponsors 

That's how a football club should be run. We have a slight issue in that area. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Wall said:

I think you can only be done once for any losses inside that three year period

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Correct. Then it resets.

If I understand this correctly then we can’t be punished for breaking the P&S £39m limit until after the 2020/21 accounts are published, due April 2022 & our first year of the reset period is a £19m profit.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Oh I get it alright.  We're addicted to the debt and money of one man who has driven out any professionalism that would have sustained us in a better place.  His choices to structure us this way, and the worse we get through his methods, the more we are wedded to him  

With addictions that cost you your home, it's usually better to break those addictions than to sustain them.  

Chansiri is saving no-one, he is the cause of our problems,  not the solution.

If he pulls the plug, the club closes this afternoon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, vulva said:

If he pulls the plug, the club closes this afternoon. 

It's one thing chansiri committing to fund the club until 2022, weather he has the funds to do that is another thing. The warning signs are there that he hasn't got the funds to do it. Selling the stadium, loans against the stadium, no signings in the transfer window, etc. Add this seasons relegation on top, and the millions that will cost us and Im concerned how long we can keep going. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

That summary looks pretty accurate to me although, when saying any losses exceeding £23m in this next set of accounts would result in new sanctions, that number is a bit low.

The figures they quote are pre tax losses but don't include allowable items for P&S purposes. This is usually around £2.5-3m a year so £23m losses effectively becomes £30-32m. Which we won't post.

Our worries start again when the 18/19 profit drops out of the 3 year rolling period.

I guess we will have had a lean spell in league one by then with reduced wages and income. I’m not sure how league one losses fits into wider P&S as it used to be a separate set of rules 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

If the accounts are for previous years isn’t it more accurate to say they were losing 1.5m a month?

It could be less or potentially more now with the pandemic 

I would presume the pandemic has increased monthly losses but we have lost Hooper, Forestieri, Abdi, Jones, Boyd & Fletcher etc from the wage bill.

Just now, mogbad said:

I would presume the pandemic has increased monthly losses but we have lost Hooper, Forestieri, Abdi, Jones, Boyd & Fletcher etc from the wage bill.

I agree - the wages were perhaps the biggest outlay and we're shedding the big earners in double quick time

That's gotta be a good thing if it means we don't get relegated etc

If we can shed the big wages, build a hungry new younger squad with bags of potential and manage them right then it's gotta look healthier

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop