We're losing £1.5m a month – the club’s latest accounts explained

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No I didnt?

“They still exist so point proven” in response to someone suggesting the club would close without the cash backing them up. That particular existence is hanging by a thread and it’s just semantics isn’t it. They’re in an awful state. Worse than ours.

In the past when the club wasn’t paying its tax it was debated whether we would even be allowed into admin. So keeping those wolves from the door is important too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

“They still exist so point proven” in response to someone suggesting the club would close without the cash backing them up.  

I was right then

The club didn't disappear forever

I'll be honest with you - you're having an absolute MARE in this thread

Because instead of reading what people are posting you're trying to steer it onto a path of your choosing (and failing)

Owlstalk Shop

How Alonso doing with the Derby buy out?

If he's genuine it shows there will be interest in Wednesday

He was interested and probably knew the financial ins and outs as well as most

It shows there would be interest

It's the bloody starting over again I don't look forward  to

I simply in all honesty cant see  Chansiri and whoever's is around him getting it right

• Like 1

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

If Wigan dont find a buyer can they keep going indefinitely though? 

I'm confident that someone will buy them 

I think now lockdown has been eased and football clubs can return to normal that investors will be looking to pick up clubs on the cheap and make money out of making them tick

Wigan will be no different

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can you tell me any time in our (or any other club's) history when that hasn't been the case?

I can tell you what happened when they stopped funding it and the bank they were loaning from didn’t want to play any more and tax wasn’t paid.

Whats your point? That because it applies everywhere we shouldn’t worry if the funding is pulled suddenly and we are open to all sorts on admin?

Surely whatever happens a smoother transition and sale has to be what everyone wants.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I can tell you what happened when they stopped funding it and the bank they were loaning from didn’t want to play any more and tax wasn’t paid. 

We're still here bro

Kinda what I've been saying through the whole thread whilst you've been making stuff up and posting that people have said something they haven't

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I was right then

The club didn't close

I'll be honest with you - you're having an absolute MARE in this thread

Because instead of reading what people are posting you're trying to steer it onto a path of your choosing (and failing)

oh dear.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Surely whatever happens a smoother transition and sale has to be what everyone wants.

I'd prefer Chansiri to switch tactics, approach, attitude and become a roaring success
If he doesn't I'd prefer he sells the club to someone better in a smooth way

I'm not gonna listen to anyone saying 'be careful what you wish for everyone because if he goes SWFC wont' exist anymore' 

Because it's not true

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Not if we shed wages, recruit some exciting new talent we can sell later, get promoted back to the Championship, improve our revenue off the pitch by overhauling the products sold in the megastore, in the ground etc and attract back exec box holders, advertisers and sponsors 

Yes and I think that's exactly what Mr Chansiri is planning,  he is letting go of the deadwood in order to start the rebuild which will be easier in league one.

Well done Mr Chansiri, we all believe in you, keep up the good work.

Exciting times.

• Haha 4

Just now, daleblue said:

Yes and I think that's exactly what Mr Chansiri is planning,  he is letting go of the deadwood in order to start the rebuild which will be easier in league one.

Well done Mr Chansiri, we all believe in you, keep up the good work.

Exciting times.

Trolling is sooooooo 1990's

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Those accounts are for 2018-19.   Forestieri, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winall, Fox and others were with us throughout 2019-20 so I expect the next set will be even worse.  

I'd expect the next accounts to show another big loss, but maybe not quite as big as this one.  We sold Joao (when Chansiri actually realised that you do need to sell players to survive), and we got some more high earners like Hooper, Jones, Abdi, Boyd and Matias off the books in the summer of 2019.

The Joao sale wouldn't actually be as big as the £6.5m compo payment on the 18/19 accounts though, but those wages would be a significant saving albeit not enough to get us in the black.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd prefer Chansiri to switch tactics, approach, attitude and become a roaring success
If he doesn't I'd prefer he sells the club to someone better in a smooth way

I'm not gonna listen to anyone saying 'be careful what you wish for everyone because if he goes SWFC wont' exist anymore' 

Because it's not true

Id like the same as you.

Even Bury exist though, horrible what happened to them.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Id like the same as you.

Even Bury exist though, horrible what happened to them.

It's always horrible when clubs go through rough patches

Doesn't mean they disappear forever though as people have threatened in this thread

I'd also point out that there will have been fans on the Wigan forum running round telling their fans to support Steve Dale 

Owlstalk Shop

Yep, paying rent on the stadium.

I know this is the axe I keep grinding, but hopefully now we can put to bed the notion on here that selling Hillsborough was just an profitability workaround. Hopefully it's a wake up call to the more than 50% of us that didn't think the ground sale wasn't an issue. 

We have no home. We have no property. We are a loss-making enterprise without any tangible assets. 

Someone buying SWFC will not save us. Favourably getting Hillsborough off 'Sheffield 3' is the only way to save us, else 'Sheffield 3' will bleed us dry or just turf us out for a property development. 

• Like 3

So to be in trouble again with EFL, we need to post losses for 19-20 that are around 3 million worse than 16-17. That just isn't going to happen  is it?

The wage bill in 19-20 was healthier than 16-17 and we sold Joao. I can't see a scenario where we breach again when the next accounts are out, unless  I'm missing something?