We're losing £1.5m a month – the club’s latest accounts explained

Just now, mogbad said:

I would presume the pandemic has increased monthly losses but we have lost Hooper, Forestieri, Abdi, Jones, Boyd & Fletcher etc from the wage bill.

Yes and I think there will be concessions across the board on permitted losses for the covid periods.

I don’t think we will breach it again. The cost of trying to avoid breaching it via cost reductions and then breaching it anyway has taken its toll. But moving forward as even more players are released we shouldn’t be anywhere near the sky high losses of before. The 19m profit should net off losses in the interim. I hope!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mogbad said:

If I understand this correctly then we can’t be punished for breaking the P&S £39m limit until after the 2020/21 accounts are published, due April 2022 & our first year of the reset period is a £19m profit.

That's how I have always understood it to be. 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Same applies to any and every other club in the world

Stop being dramatic ffs

Exactly, especially in the championship and lower down, perhaps even lower end premiership clubs. They rely on the TV money. The big boys have tv, CL and incoming revenue from other sources.

We simply have DC. And if right be right we wouldn't be in this position if we'd have not been so stupid. A poster said we are driving him away, but ask yourself why.

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

It wouldn't.

It'd go into administration, and from that moment, there'd be people with some business experience appointed to run the club who would be looking at a buyer who would pay of a % of the debt.

Again, you seem wedded to the idea that the only path for Wednesday is to have an incompetent businessman who has dug us a huge hole and thrown us in it to stick around to save us.   Can you see any alternatives aside from Chansiri?   I don't believe Chansiri is the solution to the problems he's created.  He may have money (or not), but he doesn't know how to do anything productive with it.  

In 6 years, we've gone from 9th in the Championship with a reasonable squad and a small loss, to 23rd in the Championship with a poo squad and we've lost our home to pay for it all.  Chansiri being at this club is not sustainable.  I'm still hoping that we can stay in the Championship, but if we don't, then we are more in debt to him and his ways.  This is no way forward, it's a massive leap backwards.

That sounds quite appealing until you see Wigan still haven’t got a buyer yet and have had to sell pretty much all the furniture. 

Id rather, if at all possible, the club was sold in less desperate circumstances. Even Derby’s situation is looking more uncomfortable now with some of the parties looking. 

Im not happy with how the club has been run and relegation is a travesty. But there are some people circling football at the minute who have used clubs to boost their own lifestyle, run clubs poorly and then ran off.

• Like 1

Just now, marshy said:

Exactly, especially in the championship and lower down, perhaps even lower end premiership clubs. They rely on the TV money. The big boys have tv, CL and incoming revenue from other sources.

We simply have DC. And if right be right we wouldn't be in this position if we'd have not been so stupid. A poster said we are driving him away, but ask yourself why.

Exactly

As always someone will come on and try to emotionally blackmail others to suck up to this chairman because 'if he goes the club will disappear'

Nothing but emotional blackmail and total balllacccks

I wish they'd stop with that sheeeeeite

Owlstalk Shop

I honestly cant see the club disappearing...too big

The ballache is the choices we have

Chansiri stays and we carry on with what's been simply  a circus  or

We start virtually from scratch after 2 sodding decades disappointments

It's hardly much of a future in the shorter term is it.

Heads down carry on

See what happens Saturday

Who we got ???

Aww for the sake of.....

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I honestly cant see the club disappearing 

It won't

It's just the old 'if you don't support this chairman the club will disappear' emotional blackmail we always get in tough times

Same kind of people said exactly the same thing about Dave Allen etc etc

They'll do the exact same emotional blackmail attempts next time a chairman is struggling to run the club

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Some hill to die on. We don’t want to end up like that. 

I get your argument.

But look at it this way, say we don't go in to administration and we're still in League One and we've sold our assets and have a threadbare squad

What's the main difference between us and Wigan (other than they are likely to be in League Two next season)? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I get your argument.

But look at it this way, say we don't go in to administration and we're still in League One and we've sold our assets and have a threadbare squad

What's the main difference between us and Wigan (other than they are likely to be in League Two next season)? 

If we do that then yeah you’re right both are poor positions but we don’t know how it’s going to play out yet and who will be recruited now we seem to be levelling out P&S. I think a lot of people are experiencing the pain of a league one relegation battle with a load of old pros in the team before its even a reality. The signs have pointed toward us looking at younger players recently so I think we just need to see how that goes and if someone decent comes in to buy the club and kick us forward then even better.

Id rather have someone who is able to develop the club from top to bottom. Right people in the right position. A proper structure off the field which equally translates on it.

I'd rather us scrat around in L2 and be run effectively than in our current position.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
40 minutes ago, vulva said:

If he pulls the plug, the club closes this afternoon. 

Why would he do that when he has had 'many offers'? I get fed up of paying my mortgage but im not goin to dtop doin it and lose my house 🤨

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're (deliberatelty) missing the point entirely

No I’m not. You’ve pointed to Wigan still existing on life support as some kind of beneficial backstop. We aren’t in that situation but if we sold to the wrong person or the owner walked we could be even worse off as Wigan have shown.

I don’t see many people “doffing a cap” to Chansiri these days. He gets fairly criticised but the club is reliant on him or someone else to keep it afloat and sudden breaks in that cycle hit clubs hard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t see many people “doffing a cap” to Chansiri these days. He gets fairly criticised but the club is reliant on him or someone else to keep it afloat  

Can you tell me any time in our (or any other club's) history when that hasn't been the case?

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

As always someone will come on and try to emotionally blackmail others to suck up to this chairman because 'if he goes the club will disappear'

Nothing but emotional blackmail and total balllacccks

I wish they'd stop with that sheeeeeite

If it goes belly up and we end up in admin best case scenario we ger picked up quickly by new owners who build a solid base to work from and we begin to rebuild, worst case we end up owner less like Wigan and drop down to league two.