Statement from Liam Shaw on move to Celtic

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Looks like another £6 million confidential  compensation on way as club income, less legal fees and agents commissions of course.

Trebles and refunds all round.

I think the only compensation we would be entitled to is the fixed rate 'training compensation set by FIFA.

That would be around 60K Euros per year he was with us from the age of 12 to 21. So around 540K Euros, about £470K.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree with this post 

(apart from the people are celebrating him going - nobody is doing that. Nobody. Not one person)

Also agree with it. A black day of great significance in the decline of the club.

I know this is controversial but I have a feeling Shaw cannot be much of a Wednesdayite for his agent to get him to move by the end of the season at such a young age after so very few matches for "the club of his dreams" , although I fully understand that it's short career, "gotta to set up your future in case of injury", clubs can be heartless if you are on your uppers and money is the main objective for most footballers and their agents.  

A year loan back should have been insisted upon by Shaw and the club.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

I have a feeling Shaw cannot be much of a Wednesdayite for his agent to get him to move by the end of the season  

WTF

The absolute worse aspect of this whole Liam Shaw move thing isn't the move itself but fans posting stuff like this

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest T Hardy
6 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Also agree with it. A black day of great significance in the decline of the club.

I know this is controversial but I have a feeling Shaw cannot be much of a Wednesdayite for his agent to get him to move by the end of the season at such a young age after so very few matches for "the club of his dreams" , although I fully understand that it's short career, "gotta to set up your future in case of injury", clubs can be heartless if you are on your uppers and money is the main objective for most footballers and their agents.  

A year loan back should have been insisted upon by Shaw and the club.  

He’s a lifelong fan, good luck to him 

WAWAW 

Good luck Liam. Why wouldn’t he take a pay rise to pay for a massive club?

If my son was in his position I’d recommend he does exactly the same. 
Liam only has one career and has to make the most of it!

Playing for another club doesn’t stop him being a Wednesday fan!

Guest Hornsby
54 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think the only compensation we would be entitled to is the fixed rate 'training compensation set by FIFA.

That would be around 60K Euros per year he was with us from the age of 12 to 21. So around 540K Euros, about £470K.

But dont forget Chansiri prowess with litigation.

Only thing he is good at.

if anyone wants to go to another club for either football or money reasons fair enough , but the 1 thing what gets on my nerves is when these young lads say its there boyhood club ,dream to play for them , as soon as they get 2 games in team agent gets him a deal to play elsewhere , if he stayed he would have got massive backing by supporters and surely a better deal as the more games he plays he would up his market value. the club has had him on there books since 9 brought him through and the way he repays them is to move like hirst out of country to avoid the other club paying hardly any compo. if he says that the contract he has been offered is life changing at celtic and swfc couldnt come any where near matching it then fair enough . but its the boyhood club etc which does my head in , these lads like pounds who they play for they dont give a rats arse about ,football is about dog eats dog , wednesday have been stung ,but 6 months ago nobody heard of shaw and as hirst got a big deal elsewhere and aint done jack sh+t i dont supose that handing out silly money for unproven kids was a good idea . its all about the £ sign and how much these kids can make ,

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Good luck Liam. Why wouldn’t he take a pay rise to pay for a massive club?

If my son was in his position I’d recommend he does exactly the same. 
Liam only has one career and has to make the most of it!

Playing for another club doesn’t stop him being a Wednesday fan!

gary madine used to play for us and was popular ,but at least he was honest when he went to court after 1 of his spats ended up in court , he said swfc is just my employer end of. liam shaw is the same he is just an employee and he is gone . the boyhood club quote love to play for swfc just dont wash with me no more . its all about money and how much they can make as soon as . if he stayed and believed in his ability he would get a better deal here or would have a top end championship club /premier league club after him and would end up on much higher terms and quote his boyhood club would benefit . 

36 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Would love to know how many players play for their “boyhood club”. Think the low numbers would shock a lot of the babies in here. It’s a job, this is his livelihood. Can do wtf he wants. Get over it and move on 

Very few play for their boyhood club but quite a few stay with the club which reared them for more than half a season in the first team esp if they are with a club of some size.

This guy is not yet 20 and has played  a handful of games after 10 years of being nurtured and developed. He gives the impression he cannot wait to get out of the place.

I do not blame him. He is entitled. But it shows his predominant values are those of his agent ie maka da money quick. His values may be no different from other 19 year olds on the books and apparently may be the same as the fans' values.

You cannot blame him but we have to be straight about how he sees his boyhood club. It means nothing if he can get better pay straightaway even if I'm only just developing. It proves that if fans are accepting of local Wednesdayite fans are accepting of the notion that any young players of ability should look for a move in order to get a pay rise, we should close the Academy. He is the only talent to emerge for years and it took an outsider Pulis to see he had something to offer.

The darkness of the day is that we only buy poor or crocked players, not good ones, we will be unable to afford to buy any players at all soon and our best youth products are blessed on their way after playing a dozen games to show what they can do. What is left for us?  What is this club for? What are we supposed to enjoy watching? Time to merge the club with another seems the only positive strategy left. With a season ticket or POTD, how many are going to watch what's left?

Just now, victorturner said:

But it shows his predominant values are those of his agent ie maka da money quick.  

That's just your biased perception

Liam Shaw has stated very very clearly he's moving for football and ambition reasons

Continually posting to the contrary doesn't make you right

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, victorturner said:

Very few play for their boyhood club but quite a few stay with the club which reared them for more than half a season in the first team esp if they are with a club of some size.

This guy is not yet 20 and has played  a handful of games after 10 years of being nurtured and developed. He gives the impression he cannot wait to get out of the place.

I do not blame him. He is entitled. But it shows his predominant values are those of his agent ie maka da money quick. His values may be no different from other 19 year olds on the books and apparently may be the same as the fans' values.

You cannot blame him but we have to be straight about how he sees his boyhood club. It means nothing if he can get better pay straightaway even if I'm only just developing. It proves that if fans are accepting of local Wednesdayite fans are accepting of the notion that any young players of ability should look for a move in order to get a pay rise, we should close the Academy. He is the only talent to emerge for years and it took an outsider Pulis to see he had something to offer.

The darkness of the day is that we only buy poor or crocked players, not good ones, we will be unable to afford to buy any players at all soon and our best youth products are blessed on their way after playing a dozen games to show what they can do. What is left for us?  What is this club for? What are we supposed to enjoy watching? Time to merge the club with another seems the only positive strategy left. With a season ticket or POTD, how many are going to watch what's left?

His predominant values are playing at the highest level. I’m sure if we were premier league this wouldn’t happen, but we’re not, and we need to accept that we’re not owed any loyalty in today’s game