Statement from Liam Shaw on move to Celtic

34 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

I think the love he’s getting is because people think he’s a Wednesdayite because he said he grew up as a Wednesday fan. Frank Lampard grew up as a West Ham fan.

At last a bit of reality from you. It is far from uncommon for boys to join there local club.  The club their dads probably watched all their lives and turned their sons into fans.  As luck would have it, it then turns out young Liam is quite a handy player so he progresses through the ranks at his club as did  Frank. Unfortunately for the club the young lad gets recognised by a club who are in a better position than his boyhood club and he has to make a career decision. 
It happens all the time get over it 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Book lies with Wednesday totally.

If I was Shaw I wouldn't have hesitated to leave here under Chansiri.

We messed up and will probably happen again.

He was happy to sign the contract he was offered until he was tapped up wasn’t he ?

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just some stuff from the last two or three pages in this thread mate

When I replied to you it was topical and callback comedy

But now you've said you've not read the earlier posts It's fallen flat on it's face

lol

Sorry lol 😆

6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

He was happy to sign the contract he was offered until he was tapped up wasn’t he ?

He's just looked after himself pal...its football these days ...I don't blame him for jumping off this ship before the iceberg hits!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Wish for once they would just say...I’m goin cus they are offering me she’d loads more money

It would be a dream for him to sign for Wednesday apparently...until someone else came in. By all means chase the money and leave the club short of a transfer fee if it’s best for him but tone down the WAWAW stuff. I guess too many lap it up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would they do that if it wasnt' true

Play in wednesdays first team or spend a season on loan at stenhousemuir🤐or east fife...Dunfermline..

4 minutes ago, uptheowls69 said:

Good luck to him but for me he shouldnt play again for us now. Give Hunt a run. 

If a player doesn't want to play for Sheffield Wednesday then fine but play those that do. 

Which players do though?

I don’t mean that as in ‘NONE OF THEM DO’ I mean it in the way of how do you know which do and which don’t?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
30 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

At last a bit of reality from you. It is far from uncommon for boys to join there local club.  The club their dads probably watched all their lives and turned their sons into fans.  As luck would have it, it then turns out young Liam is quite a handy player so he progresses through the ranks at his club as did  Frank. Unfortunately for the club the young lad gets recognised by a club who are in a better position than his boyhood club and he has to make a career decision. 
It happens all the time get over it 

Yep..when you are young you are obviously going to play at your local academy..you are not goin to get many par3nts goin to Derby...pool etc 4 times a week

11 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Play in wednesdays first team or spend a season on loan at stenhousemuir🤐or east fife...Dunfermline..

They will probably loan him out for a season, Scottish leagues or Leagues 1 and 2 in the EFL.

Celtic's latest 'starlet' Scott Robertson who is the same age as Shaw was on loan at Gillingham for the first half of the season before joining Doncaster in January.