Together As One

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not even kidding Hargreaves,  when I read the title the first thing that came into my head...

lzMCg8Nf_400x400.png

I actually filmed that series!

lol

We filmed that scene in some scraggy bushes down on Wynn Gardens on an absolutely freeeeezing  sunday morning

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

All this pally pally stuff will get him in hot water when the sh--

hits the fan, which after losing to Rotherham is right about now.

Is his idea to cajole the players into giving more, I think he's going to come a cropper. 

These players we have, (who are in the whole, leaving), couldn't be bothered, they get paid no matter what.

Edited by daleblue

4 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Is his idea to cajole the players into giving more, I think he's going to come a cropper. 

These players we have, (who are in the whole, leaving), couldn't be bothered, they get paid no matter what.

Let's give him the opportunity to try tho

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, daleblue said:

I dont think you can judge Darren Moore until next season (If still here).

He gets a free hit with these players for me.

Alex Ferguson wouldn't be able to get a tune out of this useless lot.

If Moore doesn’t succeed here it won’t be down to him. It’ll be down to a combination of the Chairman, his advisor and the fan base.

This kid is the real deal and if all three of the above don’t back him properly and fairly then this club is well and truly f***ed.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would much rather Moore come out with these bland platitudes and cliches than air dirty linen in public.

I agree with what is said in the dressing room is private and no matter how badly a team plays great managers like Alex Ferguson always, always supported his players in public.

But things like 'We are all in this together' and 'Team Spirit is great' is just dreary media speak at the end of the day.

Do your talking on the field. If Izzy Brown plays tomorrow I will be looking for him to improve and not repeat same mistake twice.

Agree that the talking has to be done on the pitch.  I want to see is winning a few games.  

I know DM has to come out with the ‘bland platitudes’ but we’ve heard it all before from previous managers.  I’m not having a dig at him but I am tired of managers’ comments and players saying they have got to do better etc.  Just perform on the pitch and everyone will be happy 😃. So long as we win I couldn’t care less if the manager or team made any statements before or post matches!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ANDY said:

Gonna put this out there now

Moore is the best manager we’ve had since Big Ron

There, I’ve said it. 

Love the optimism!! His 100% loss record  slightly argues the opinion though 😘

• Like 1

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 18.07.23.jpg

Expect a lot more of this in forthcoming weeks and months

He's a manger who brings the club together 

If he can bring the club together, is he the man to help sort out my refund from last season .....🤔 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

If Moore doesn’t succeed here it won’t be down to him. It’ll be down to a combination of the Chairman, his advisor and the fan base.

This kid is the real deal and if all three of the above don’t back him properly and fairly then this club is well and truly f***ed.

Channers and Paxo.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ANDY said:

Gonna put this out there now

Moore is the best manager we’ve had since Big Ron

Maybe......I just hope that he gets the same commitment from the players that Big Ron did.......although I can’t see it.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's give him the opportunity to try tho

Yes, fully agree with that, I  just think he's going the wrong way about it, and the chances of him being sacked because of it are extremely high.

I would like him to to give credit where it's due, and oust the players that aren't,  at least it'll save his job and we could see what he can do next Season. 

I've always backed the Manager, sometimes too long, but the way Chansiri is with sacking Managers, he has to protect himself against  this, let's be honest  him and his mate bought the players, and think they are promotion candidates shows the mindset of a dictator and anyone not able to get this sh- t show going are to blame, pally"ing up to players is in my opinion going to get you sacked because they won't help you. 

Izzy Brown is like a reasonable mid priced car that won't get above 2nd gear.

Comes across at least to me as a player, who has some ability but is too lazy to actually put

that ability to good use.  Doesn't track back, never really breaks into a run, content to idle along

doing the absolute minimum. About time he either knuckled down and put some effort in or went back

to the Chelsea comfort zone.

• Like 1

Think DM's come to us at the wrong time tbh. I understand he'll have wanted to take on a bigger club and all that but we're fooked and it's not gonna do his reputation any good being a part of our downfall. 

I think in the right circumstances DM and Wednesday would be a great fit but not now. I'd rather a dinosaur like Pulis have the failure on his CV than a decent up and coming manager suffer for DC's ineptitude as owner.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, George said:

I tell you this as well, it stays on the boat and it doesn’t go outside myself and the other owner. If other skippers observe that someone used to sail with me and now doesn’t they can draw their own conclusions. That’s up to them.

Yeah but smuggling weed isn't like football 🤣  🤣

• Haha 1

This is what reeeeeeeally pi$$es me off about pro footballers , not just ours (although we do seem a lot worse than most).

"He didnt get the right contact"..................................FFS.

These are players who are being paid eye watering amounts of money because they are supposedly the best at what they do....ie , kicking a football.

We are asking them , under no pressure from the opposition , to kick this said football around 30 yards with the right speed and elevation  and on to a given point.........................is that really too much to f***in ask when its what they do all day every day ?

I played to a decent standard when i was younger , nothing like these guys obviously , and i was usually on set piece duty ,  but i would be seriously pi$$ed off if i didnt land 9 out of 10 corners / free kicks on the money................................and that was sometimes on ploughed fields , not the billiard tables that these guys play on 99% of the time.

I fully get that DM is trying to protect his players but , Didnt get the right contact ?...............do me a f***in favour.

2 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

This is what reeeeeeeally pi$$es me off about pro footballers , not just ours (although we do seem a lot worse than most).

"He didnt get the right contact"..................................FFS.

These are players who are being paid eye watering amounts of money because they are supposedly the best at what they do....ie , kicking a football. 

They're not the best at what they do though
These are freebies, cast offs from other clubs that we've had to sign

If they were perfect they'd be playing for Real Madrid and England etc

Owlstalk Shop