Together As One

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 18.07.23.jpg

Expect a lot more of this in forthcoming weeks and months

He's a manger who brings the club together 

Do what he likes as long as the effort goes up,need to show some balls,and play 2 up..ffs

2 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

He’s hardly going to say I walled him up and called him a prized pillock, is he?

No but he might have said ‘we’ve talked about it and that stays in the group’ or he might have said ‘we’ve been very open and Frank and he won’t do it again’ or a whole load of other things. What would Pullis have said? Or Big Ron come to that?

When someone ******** up in my crew I get them to come and sit with me, either at the chart table or my tacticians spot at the back of the boat and I ask them if they are pissed off with themselves about it, if they know why it went wrong and if they know how to do it better. The answer is nearly always yes to all of that and if it’s not then we have to work on it. Sports people know when they have fizzed up. If they don’t care then they don’t come back if they do care we can work on it.

I tell you this as well, it stays on the boat and it doesn’t go outside myself and the other owner. If other skippers observe that someone used to sail with me and now doesn’t they can draw their own conclusions. That’s up to them.

No point hanging him out to dry it was a bad strike of the ball, like if someone takes a bad penalty. Happens. 

Its the other 93 minutes im more concerned about. 

Rather Paterson had a better effort at his 2 great chances than izzy brown taking a better corner tbh, would have made more difference 

Izzy Brown was not to blame the 3 defenders who didn't tackle the striker then the keeper who only had 5 shots on target and conceded with two of them.

Since Dawson and Westwood got injured Wildsmith has been awful between the sticks. Most shots seem to lead to goals and the ones he does save are flaps with more luck than ability.

When Westwood leaves the end of the season, a new keeper is a must. Westwood in his prime probably gave us 20-25 points a season extra. Wildsmith and Dawson are probably costing us the same each season.

• Like 3

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, George said:

No but he might have said ‘we’ve talked about it and that stays in the group’ or he might have said ‘we’ve been very open and Frank and he won’t do it again’ or a whole load of other things. What would Pullis have said? Or Big Ron come to that?

When someone ******** up in my crew I get them to come and sit with me, either at the chart table or my tacticians spot at the back of the boat and I ask them if they are pissed off with themselves about it, if they know why it went wrong and if they know how to do it better. The answer is nearly always yes to all of that and if it’s not then we have to work on it. Sports people know when they have fizzed up. If they don’t care then they don’t come back if they do care we can work on it.

These unaccountable players have seen off two ex Premier League managers this season and don’t appeared to have cared a jot.

You captain your ship as you see fit. 

I’d have said, he’s a professional footballer, paid very handsomely and held in high regard within the club. But, if I see level quality leave his boot in the future, he’ll be back in Chelsea before his Porches heated seats warm his arse.

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

These unaccountable players have seen off two ex Premier League managers this season and don’t appeared to have cared a jot.

You captain your ship as you see fit. 

I’d have said, he’s a professional footballer, paid very handsomely and held in high regard within the club. But, if I see level quality leave his boot in the future, he’ll be back in Chelsea before his Porches heated seats warm his arse.

I think that is what I would have said on Wednesday night. I was fecking livid. And who knows, maybe that is what he said but it is best staying within the ‘group’

I would much rather Moore come out with these bland platitudes and cliches than air dirty linen in public.

I agree with what is said in the dressing room is private and no matter how badly a team plays great managers like Alex Ferguson always, always supported his players in public.

But things like 'We are all in this together' and 'Team Spirit is great' is just dreary media speak at the end of the day.

Do your talking on the field. If Izzy Brown plays tomorrow I will be looking for him to improve and not repeat same mistake twice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, the third man said:

So you blame a manager who has been at the club for a whole three days?

No. I was trying to understand the assertion DM is the best manager since Big Ron. I'm certainly not blaming DM. All blame should be directed at DC and Paxo for the foookwittery that is ongoing at the club.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

Im sick of words..actions speak louder than words..lets see where we are tmoro ay 17.00...all weev had all season is our 'stars' on insta vowin to put things right after a wretched defeat...clear the air meetings etc...i dont want to see or read anything unless we have won a game

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Im sick of words..actions speak louder than words..lets see where we are tmoro ay 17.00...all weev had all season is our 'stars' on insta vowin to put things right after a wretched defeat...clear the air meetings etc...i dont want to see or read anything unless we have won a game

Can I make a suggestion to any/all Wednesday fans who are sick of words, and that it should be on the pitch where they do their talking etc - to avoid any stuff where players/managers talk to the press/media?

Owlstalk Shop